Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 6:12 am

Programs: Presto
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Also of note, there is now no need to wait for the weekend sweeps for the status change to take place. It occurs immediately following the posting of the requisite 35K or 100K status miles. Choices become immediately available to be made though confirmation email is a bit slow.
Yes, that's exactly what happened for me (early E) at the beginning of June. E package arrived yesterday, not bad turn around considering the postal disruption.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 8:49 pm

I just want check whether or not I will get early E recognition and I can't seem to find out for sure on the Aeroplan website.

I currently have ZERO status and have 29,700 miles travelled this year so far. I will hit 35,000 sometime in early September. Approx 9,000 of these were earned in February. I read somewhere you can only early qualify from 1st March to 15th October, so can I can the 9,000 from Feb? Will I qualify for early elite recognition this year with zero status?
Old Jul 8, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Yes, the February miles count towards your 2011 miles and you can early qualify from no status or P.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Curious, early qualification SE kit arrived yesterday exactly two weeks from crossing 100K and making my selections, but the Top Tier site still shows no date as to when the kit was mailed. So if you do get early qualification, don't rely on the "mailed on" date. You'll find your kit being ready about two weeks later plus some time for Canada Post to get it to you. Also, once the colour on the AE site changes to reflect your new status, go to the Top Tier link and make your selection. You'll then get an email confirming those choices. Don't wait for the email to arrive from Craig Landry because it seems to take two weeks.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AC-E and a few hotels
Just got the email today congratulating me on re-qualifying for elite.

It goes on to suggest I set my goals higher and reach for super elite by october 15!

Unless I can persuade my boss I need to do another couple of trips to PUS in J or 7 flights to europe then its not going to happen!
Old Jul 24, 2011, 10:39 am

Programs: AC SE, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold
Hit 100,046 late Thursday evening (July 21). Miles posted sometime early this morning (July 24). SE status was shown immediately on the AE site and I was able to choose my select privileges (60 eUpgrades, 100% bonus, 6 lounge passes, 12 eUpgrades for flight pass). Received the confirmation email of my selection within 30 minutes.

IIRC, someone else posted that I should also get the 30 eUpgrades for crossing 100K, but that hasn't posted yet so I can't confirm this (not surprising as eUpgrades usually seem to take 1-2 days after the miles post).

The day after receiving the points, I received the 60 select privilege eUpgrades along with the 30 100K eUpgades - should be good for the rest of the year on this front (you really do get rewarded for making early SE).

First time as an SE.

Last edited by lynchpin_yyz; Jul 25, 2011 at 8:59 am Reason: Received the 30 eUpgrades for crossing 100k
Old Jul 24, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Congrats. I passed 35k on Wednesday. Did u get anything for requalifying?
?
Old Jul 24, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: AC SE, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by morphius909
Congrats. I passed 35k on Wednesday. Did u get anything for requalifying?
?
Got the aforementioned letter letting me know to keep flying and make it to SE before Oct 15.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Originally Posted by lynchpin_yyz
Got the aforementioned letter letting me know to keep flying and make it to SE before Oct 15.
LOL.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:44 am

Got the same letter today...wow only 50K more to go to hit SE....
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Just received this in my inbox

Congratulations! You have just reached the threshold level to qualify for 2012 Air Canada Super Elite® status

re-hitting SE by July...it is a surprise my wife has not changed the locks yet.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC*E
Select Privileges

Total newbie to the forums. Great stuff. Due to a recent job I've done a bunch of travel and will reach *P in August and probably *E in September. I know that opinions have been bantered back and forth but I would like to get more thoughts.

1. If I get early recognition do I get to select the entire benefit package or is it pro-rated?
2. If entire package do they expire February 2012?

3. I've been leaning to selecting eUpgrades over status miles for both this year and next because
a. This year I won't hit *SE
b. Next year I'll probably do max 75K miles so the miles won't necessarily
help me reach *SE

Thoughts?
Old Jul 30, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
Originally Posted by twine29
Total newbie to the forums. Great stuff. Due to a recent job I've done a bunch of travel and will reach *P in August and probably *E in September. I know that opinions have been bantered back and forth but I would like to get more thoughts.

1. If I get early recognition do I get to select the entire benefit package or is it pro-rated?
2. If entire package do they expire February 2012?

3. I've been leaning to selecting eUpgrades over status miles for both this year and next because
a. This year I won't hit *SE
b. Next year I'll probably do max 75K miles so the miles won't necessarily
help me reach *SE

Thoughts?
First of all, welcome to FT!

You'll get the full benefit package (no proration), and, yes, they expire in Feb 2012, but then you'll get the full 2012 package around Feb 2012 as well.

In terms of what you select, it really depends on what you want most in the end - upgrades or Aeroplan miles. Of course, miles can be used for rewards and upgrades aren't always easy to come by depending on your travel patterns.

I would suggest you take the e-Upgrades when you get status in Sept and see how that works for you. If you find it's not what you expected, you can always opt for the other next year when you choose again. If you're creative next year in your 75K travel (extra segments, etc), you may be able to make SE if that's important to you.

Good luck!
Old Jul 30, 2011, 5:51 pm

Programs: AC*E
Originally Posted by YQMer
First of all, welcome to FT!

You'll get the full benefit package (no proration), and, yes, they expire in Feb 2012, but then you'll get the full 2012 package around Feb 2012 as well.

In terms of what you select, it really depends on what you want most in the end - upgrades or Aeroplan miles. Of course, miles can be used for rewards and upgrades aren't always easy to come by depending on your travel patterns.

I would suggest you take the e-Upgrades when you get status in Sept and see how that works for you. If you find it's not what you expected, you can always opt for the other next year when you choose again. If you're creative next year in your 75K travel (extra segments, etc), you may be able to make SE if that's important to you.

Good luck!
Thanks so much for the help YQMer

If I hit 40K miles this year do I also get the Threshold upgrades or does that only happen at 55K? (35K +20K threshold)
Old Jul 30, 2011, 6:08 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
Originally Posted by twine29
Thanks so much for the help YQMer

If I hit 40K miles this year do I also get the Threshold upgrades or does that only happen at 55K? (35K +20K threshold)
Good question. I'm not sure of the response, but perhaps someone else who has had made early status this year can advise.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.