Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2010, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by pxy_a
To ACB777:

What happened in your case? I am in the same situation (passed 100k shortly after Nov 1, but am still showing as *E online). I was wondering if there's anyone I can call (or beg) to see if I can get the 'soft' *SE recognition so I can get the additional SE threshold bonus certs.
I hit 100K on 5 November and was at 98K by Oct 31. I emailed the President's office to see if I could get SE-lite. They forwarded me to the Aeroplan Exec Leads desk (whatever that is), and my request was met with a resounding NO!

They DID say that Elites in this situation would continue to receive threshold bonuses above 100K, I assume according to the SE table.

So I guess you and I and some others are keeping the AC*E for the rest of the year. I'm not really satisfied with this to be honest, and think its rather small on the part of AC/AE. I mean, the dedication of 100K miles to an airline in 10 months should receive immediate recognition, particularly with the relatively small numbers involved at the SE level.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 7:55 pm

Programs: AC S100K (formerly AC*SE), AC 2MM, AMEX Plat, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by ACB777
I hit 100K on 5 November and was at 98K by Oct 31. I emailed the President's office to see if I could get SE-lite. They forwarded me to the Aeroplan Exec Leads desk (whatever that is), and my request was met with a resounding NO!

They DID say that Elites in this situation would continue to receive threshold bonuses above 100K, I assume according to the SE table.

So I guess you and I and some others are keeping the AC*E for the rest of the year. I'm not really satisfied with this to be honest, and think its rather small on the part of AC/AE. I mean, the dedication of 100K miles to an airline in 10 months should receive immediate recognition, particularly with the relatively small numbers involved at the SE level.
+1 - I feel for you!
Old Nov 17, 2010, 8:38 pm

Programs: AC*E
Originally Posted by ACB777

Thanks for getting back to me - saves me a number of calls to AP. Glad to hear that we'll still get the threshold certs, but sad that I won't be able to get the 7-day window on upgrade requests until next year.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by pxy_a
Thanks for getting back to me - saves me a number of calls to AP. Glad to hear that we'll still get the threshold certs, but sad that I won't be able to get the 7-day window on upgrade requests until next year.
I have seen this many times before. I have a family member who crossed 100K in mid Dec. last year and it turned over a week later to SE. Stay tuned keep checking. I'm sure you will SE Status in short time.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:03 am

New Elite member privilege upgrade question

Hi everyone

I have scoured this forum but can't seem to decipher the use of SWU and whether I should select them. I imagine this has been answered but I have spent 2 hrs trying to obtain this answer but to no avail. My main travel route is yvr-yyz and when I sample fares on AC.com I see the value of approx. 250$ ea way using SWU. I confounded by this elite 4 day window. I am assuming if there is a blue box next to flt that I could proceed and book this flight and have a guaranteed upgrade. Does this 4 day window refer to using this SWU cert with a non upgrade fare? IE can I now book say basic tango plus fare and when 4 day window opens call and attempt upgrade with this SWU cert? Thanks and sorry if this is redundant
Old Dec 4, 2010, 8:24 am

"light" elite ?

Hello everyone,

I passed the 35,000 miles on November 21 and so far didnt see any changes on my online account or any mention of "elite" status.

Do you think i qualify for "light" elite? all i really care about is that *Gold showing on my boarding pass so i can get into the lounge

When should i expect this mircale to happen? now? Januray 1st? or only March 1st ?

Thanks!

Jerry
Old Dec 4, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Originally Posted by jerrys
Hello everyone,

I passed the 35,000 miles on November 21 and so far didnt see any changes on my online account or any mention of "elite" status.

Do you think i qualify for "light" elite? all i really care about is that *Gold showing on my boarding pass so i can get into the lounge

When should i expect this mircale to happen? now? Januray 1st? or only March 1st ?

Thanks!

Jerry
You'll soon should get an email saying welcome to Elite. But the early Elite deadline was October 15th adn as most of us found out, they really stuck to that deadline and didn't give any goodwill recognition. Oh well, deadlines are deadlines!

We'll all be getting another email in December, asking us to choose our Packages. Those will be mailed out early new year.

Officially full out Elite begins March 1st, (with certs, elite card, baggage tag, etc), but Elite Lite will begin January 1st for us.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:12 am

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Debot - It is confusing. Here's the basic run down:

NORMALLY:

SWU - to upgrade you need to pay for a latitude fare, can upgrade at purchase if there is upgrade space. You can also buy an M or U class fare (2 highest Tango + fare buckets) and put in a request to upgrade 4 days before your flight. If there is no upgrade space, you don't get your money back.

SSWU - Upgrade any Tango + fare at 4 days out, if there is upgrade space.

Air Canada is offering a promotion that during the holiday period, SWUs will be treated similar to SSWUs, in that all Tango+ fares can be upgraded using these certs
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:14 am

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by morphius909
We'll all be getting another email in December, asking us to choose our Packages. Those will be mailed out early new year.

Officially full out Elite begins March 1st, (with certs, elite card, baggage tag, etc), but Elite Lite will begin January 1st for us.
Doubtful that it will happen this year. AC is transitioning to electronic certificates, meaning that the new certs will only be usable starting on March 1st. That means no packages in January.

If you didn't get early recognition, you might not get any Elite benefits until March.
Old May 19, 2011, 10:20 am

Programs: AC SE
I am trying to find out if AC still offers early elite status prior to oct 15?
Old May 19, 2011, 10:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AC*SE,SPG Platinum,HHounours Gold, FairmontPlat
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
I am trying to find out if AC still offers early elite status prior to oct 15?
Yes they do if you qualify anytime from March 1st until Oct 15th you are immediately given the E Status for the remainder of this year.
Old May 20, 2011, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by EZESE
Yes they do if you qualify anytime from March 1st until Oct 15th you are immediately given the E Status for the remainder of this year.
However, they do not gve you the e-upgrades and such right? I Hit E again in march, on track to get SE in july. As I am kinda new to this, will I get the upgrades and such for this year and next year?
Old May 20, 2011, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by hearna
However, they do not gve you the e-upgrades and such right? I Hit E again in march, on track to get SE in july. As I am kinda new to this, will I get the upgrades and such for this year and next year?
If you hold current E status and pass the renewal mark for E, you don't get any bonus (i.e. initial benefit kit) as if you had qualified from P mid-year. However, if an E hits SE before mid-October s/he will get a full kit including additional eCredits, lounge passes and bonus status miles (the default selections). They will then get this again in December for the following (2012/13) year. I expect to hit 101K on July 4th to regain me SE status for the balance of this year, and all of next year.
Old May 20, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: AC SE
to clarify if I am Prestige and hit 35K before oct 15. I will get an Elite kit including eUpgrades etc...?
Old May 20, 2011, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
to clarify if I am Prestige and hit 35K before oct 15. I will get an Elite kit including eUpgrades etc...?
YES, just as I stated that an E hitting SE will get the SE kit you will get the default E kit. (Though there is some question about whether one gets to select the options or receive the default selections since this year's choices indicate there is a default selection. We should know this in a few weeks as Ps and non-status elites hit Elite, and Es hit SE.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.