Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2006, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, AG... you get the picture
are you supposed to get a card or luggage tags with your SE package? Mine arrived with a folder of certificates and a confirmation of my package selection but no cards.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Fermat
are you supposed to get a card or luggage tags with your SE package? Mine arrived with a folder of certificates and a confirmation of my package selection but no cards.
The cards are now mailed separately - you should get them shortly.

Congrats on reaching SE.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K *G
Deleted

Last edited by zorn; Jan 4, 2007 at 7:47 pm
Old Nov 8, 2006, 9:22 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E35K, *Silve, UA Premier Silver, Marriott Platinum, SPG Preferred Plus, a bunch of other
Just curious, I made elite before the Oct 31 cut-off... and I selected the 50% bonus as one of my benefits. I took a flight on Nov 5 that the miles posted for, but I don't see any bonus? When I was flying on my Citypass (RIP) and got my upgrades, the COS bonus always posted right with the flight miles??

Anyone?

Vader
Old Nov 8, 2006, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Vader
Just curious, I made elite before the Oct 31 cut-off... and I selected the 50% bonus as one of my benefits. I took a flight on Nov 5 that the miles posted for, but I don't see any bonus? When I was flying on my Citypass (RIP) and got my upgrades, the COS bonus always posted right with the flight miles??

Anyone?

Vader
50% non-status bonus miles generally post on Sundays...
Old Nov 9, 2006, 6:57 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E35K, *Silve, UA Premier Silver, Marriott Platinum, SPG Preferred Plus, a bunch of other
Thanks GT, I will check on Monday next week...

Vader
Old Nov 17, 2006, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K *G
Bump.

Also, first post updated to remind new Elites that you will receive 20k threshold certs independently of any package you receive. This information might be helpful for making you optimal package selection.

For example:

Suppose you crossed 35k in October sometime. You have between 2.5k and 5k of travel planned in December, and a few overseas trips in Jan/Feb, say. In this case you might be better off choosing the 2.5k status miles instead of the 2 SSWU or 4 SWU. Why? Because you will be getting 4 SWU anyway that expire end of next February. You can use those certs for the upcoming trips, and with the 2.5k status miles and the 2.5k-5k of travel in December you stand an excellent chance of getting the 40k threshold SWU good until Feb two years hence.

Of course if you have a trip planned before February on a cheaper longhaul or overseas ticket for which you really want to use some SSWUs, by all means select those for your package.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by zorn; Mar 23, 2007 at 10:23 am
Old Nov 17, 2006, 10:07 am

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by zorn
Bump.

First post updated in light of the recent recognition of early Elite status for those who crossed 35k at the very end of October.

Also, first post updated to remind new Elites that you will receive 15k and 30k threshold certs independently of any package you receive. This information might be helpful for making you optimal package selection.

For example:

Suppose you crossed 35k in October sometime. You only have 5k to 10k of travel planned in December, and a few overseas trips in Jan/Feb, say. In this case you might be better off choosing the 5k status miles instead of the 2 SSWU or 4 SWU. Why? Because you will be getting 4 SWU anyway that expire end of next February. You can use those certs for the upcoming trips, and with the 5k status miles and the 5k-10k of travel in December you stand an excellent chance of getting the 45k threshold SWU good until Feb two years hence.

Of course if you have a trip planned before February on a cheaper longhaul or overseas ticket for which you really want to use some SSWUs, by all means select those for your package.
Not quite accurate, since Elites do not receive a SSWU at 45k in 2006. This benefit was stripped out of the benefit package this year and caused quite an uproar on this board at the time.

SG
Old Nov 17, 2006, 10:16 am

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Not quite accurate, since Elites do not receive a SSWU at 45k in 2006. This benefit was stripped out of the benefit package this year and caused quite an uproar on this board at the time.

SG
Reread what he wrote...he wasn't implying SSWU at 45k...
Old Nov 22, 2006, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Vader
Anyone else with similar stories? I should cross the Elite threshold on the 18/19th of October and was hoping to get the SSWU's to use on a flight that I am taking November 5... Any chance that I will get my package in time if I choose my package right away?
Just an update for anyone that is still waiting....

Selected my package options October 21....
My account said that the package was mailed to me on October 30....
I received my package on November 21!!

Seemes overly long for the mail, but what are you going to do....
Old Dec 8, 2006, 4:57 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
May as well bump this instead of starting a new thread...

So I was checking my miles to find out how many I picked up from the Mystery Weekend with SAS and discovered that Aeroplan seems to think I have Elite status already. This puzzles me because a) I know I didn't make the cutoff for Early Recognition (although I did get enough miles as of Nov 21st) and b) I never received an e-mail about it beyond the "you're going to be a *P member" e-mail that the other thread talked about. Plus, it seems they decided to go ahead and pick the 5K mile bonus and SWUs, which don't really help, but will probably affect next year's bookings.

Aaaanyway, if it's true that they just decided to give a three-week extension on early recognition, then it brings up a question re: *G status. Since there's no way that they can get a new card out to me before the next trip (it has to go to my Canadian address, then get forwarded here), what do I have to do to make sure I can get into the London Lounge and MLL in YYC in December? The flights were all booked months ago (even before the trip that put me over *E), so will I need to call AC and get them to update the booking to reflect it? Or will it be even harder than that?
Old Dec 8, 2006, 7:08 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
... The flights were all booked months ago (even before the trip that put me over *E), so will I need to call AC and get them to update the booking to reflect it? Or will it be even harder than that?
Hi DJ, check out this thread, the guy was in the same situation as you - if you follow the advice in the fourth post you should be fine. Congrats on reaching Elite too.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 7:29 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG Platinum
SE Benefits - Will I get any this year?

So I made SE on 30th November and the new status was reflected on Aeroplan.com this week (see my excitement in writing in this post!).

Under the top-tier benefits page is says:
Below are your personalized privileges - just what you’ve selected to make your Air Canada travel experience more rewarding than ever before...
And then lists nothing - it just goes onto say:
Your personalized 2006 Air Canada privileges were mailed on February 10, 2006
However from re-reading this thread I am wondering if I should be able to select an SE package or even if I am eligble to get the default SE package? As I officially missed the deadline I am just happy just to get the status now but if there are passes or certs available or 10k status miles...

I would've thought that if I was getting the default SE package then it would at least display what those are but as it says nothing, just wondering if it's too late to get anything now.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 10:40 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
I think if you made status after Oct 30, you might get the status recognition but I don't think you would get a package, even the default ones.

With the personalized certs, the Oct statusers only got their package middle/end of Nov so I don't think AC will send packages to anyone who made it after that but you should be able to access to lounge with a status printout or a letter from AC.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 11:12 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, Hilton-Gold.
P early recognition

I qualified for prestige by Oct 30. I did not think that prestige had early recognition, but yesterday acct shows prestige w the standard benefits selected. I had afew flights booked, so re-updated the PNR with my AP number and could get preferred seats - so the system has me as Prestige. I just hope that they are as quick at changing me to Elite when I qualify later this month.

I am wondering if this is really early recognition vs early updating of the website, and in fact I will be getting the bonus status miles, and passes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.