Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2008, 9:03 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Hi all -

After 6 years of Elite, I've finally made the jump to SE for 2009.

As I missed the cut-off for early recognition I have a question re: benefits of SE:

I would like to use IKK for a trip in March... will I need to wait until March to use this privilege, or should it be okay once my status changes in the system (i.e. now-ish)? Or would this be a YMMV situation?

Other option I thought, if I couldn't use it until March 1, was to 'hold' 2 seats by booking refundable L+ tickets, but I would rather not do so as that seems like cheating to me

As always, thanks!

T.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 10:58 pm
LTH

Programs: AA EXP, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by The Lev
To get your boarding pass to show your newfound status, call AC, have them delete your Aeroplan number then put it back in and presto your new status gets put in for the flight.
What if it's a AP reward reservation?
Old Dec 8, 2008, 6:14 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by AskTravis
Hi all -

I would like to use IKK for a trip in March... will I need to wait until March to use this privilege, or should it be okay once my status changes in the system (i.e. now-ish)? Or would this be a YMMV situation?

T.
As soon as your status changes online you'll be able to use the IKK benefit (or any other SE benefit for that matter - concierge, SE line, etc) The online change might show up anytime between now and the end of the month and, if history repeats itself, almost certainly before the end of the first week in January.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 7:22 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
excellent news, thanks!

T.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 8:01 am
ALW

My status changed yesterday online and I was able to see "Classic Special" awards (I was only testing but saw 25K to FL where logging in as another non-status member I saw only 56K).

=aw
Old Dec 8, 2008, 9:31 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ALW
My status changed yesterday online and I was able to see "Classic Special" awards (I was only testing but saw 25K to FL where logging in as another non-status member I saw only 56K).

=aw
Isn't that a beautiful sight?
Old Dec 8, 2008, 10:05 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by taupo
brought a tear to my eye, actually
Old Dec 8, 2008, 11:09 am
YYZ

Programs: AC*E
As a new early status 'lite' member, is there a place on the site where I can access the priority elite numbers, or do I have to wait until I get my package in the new year?

Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by LTH
What if it's a AP reward reservation?
I don't think your status shows up on an AE reservation. If what you are after is lounge access, print out a copy of your statement showing you as E.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 7:06 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by YYZ
As a new early status 'lite' member, is there a place on the site where I can access the priority elite numbers, or do I have to wait until I get my package in the new year?

Thanks.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 11:24 am
ALW

It is. "Classic Special" is specifically SE Instant-KK?

And I may have been wrong on the comparison, I had 2 adults for 50K and the 112K may have been for only 1. I tried what I think are the same dates (Dec 22 and Jan 3, YUL-FLL-YUL) and as SE, all I can get are 40K J awards (including non-stop both ways).

As a basic member, ClassicPlus starts at 125500 in Y with connections, 140000 in Y for the non-stop, and 180000 in J.

Of course you'd have to be insane to book that as C+, though in fact the cheapest revenue ticket on those dates is $1046 in Latitude and $1234 in J, so if you were considering paying cash I guess the C+ awards are returning about as well as gift cards (0.8c/mi?).

25K was not available even as SE, why wouldn't I be offered Classic Special at 25K, doesn't that imply the flight is oversold and I shouldn't be getting J at 40K either?

=aw

Last edited by ALW; Dec 9, 2008 at 11:36 am
Old Dec 9, 2008, 11:28 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
I'm also recently updated as one of those 'early status-lite‘ folk. Can someone be kind enough to point out where I can find the priority contacts mentioned below on the website?

Also, my privileges have already seem to be pre-selected (5 blue check-marked choices, all default ones). Is that some locked pre-selection setting that will open up later this month after I get the official welcome email or is this a mistake that I should call in to get manually changed?

Thanks in advance for the help. Drifted over from KA Skypass over the past year and am pretty excited to get status on AP for the first time!

Originally Posted by taupo

Last edited by mackenzie77; Dec 9, 2008 at 5:34 pm
Old Dec 9, 2008, 11:38 am
ALW

I'm guessing (can't check right now) that those privileges are 2008, which we're not getting anyway. Possibly locked so we don't waste time thinking we can choose something. The 2009 haven't been announced yet.

=aw
Old Dec 17, 2008, 6:51 am

Programs: A3 G, SPG, Fairmount
I'm in 'no man's' land for 2009 benefits

I crossed the SE treshold Dec 11 and miles were posted Dec 14th.

However my online status still shows E and the previous message on the top tier button which was tellign me that I was "about to cross to the next level and could not select my 2009 package at this time" is no longer there.

Can someone indicate, based on your experience:

1 When my online status will be updated to SE?
2 When I can expect to select my 2009 benefits?

Thank you.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by mackenzie77
Also, my privileges have already seem to be pre-selected (5 blue check-marked choices, all default ones). Is that some locked pre-selection setting that will open up later this month after I get the official welcome email or is this a mistake that I should call in to get manually changed?
Does this mean that one would stop getting the 50% Elite bonus miles if that was chosen earlier when he reached elite? Since the default for SE is 5000 status miles and can't be switched to 100% bonus miles after end of Oct....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.