FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/565938-air-canada-early-status-recognition-thread.html)

DAS1 Oct 1, 2006 5:22 am

Thanks Zorn for bringing back this thread - very infomrative and helpful - Mark

Isaac Oct 1, 2006 10:08 am

Originally Posted by zorn

When will I get my (Super) Elite card and certificates and what if I need status benefits before then?
You will get them in the mail. Until then you can get your updated status on boarding passes (which by default will reflect your status at time of booking). You should call AC, get them to delete your AP number from your booking and then re-enter it, for the boarding pass to show your new status.

Anyone know if the same is true to ensure AC's system sees a status change in another *A airline's FF account? I have an AC booking from YYZ to S. America over Christmas and New Year, and my outbound flight in December will put me over the top to achieve 1P status with United (*A Gold). Will the system see my new status when I check in for the return, or do I need to call and ask AC to reenter my UA MP number?

why fly Oct 1, 2006 6:28 pm

AC wont really give you anything for *G. You can use the lounge for *gold
AC does not have any good seats to prebook. So it really wont make much difference.

100,000miler Oct 1, 2006 6:41 pm

So, does this all mean those that are E or SE, could drop out for a year, revert to Prestige or less, then regain E or SE by travelling alot in one year which would give them benefits for 2 years?

Sounds like a good way to take a sabbatical to me although at the cost of no upgrades for one year. What guarantees exist that the early qualification program will even be around after this year? None, of course. The programs all change each year as we know.

Finally I can only assume that people who earn status by this early qualification means they will get E or SE kits each year and not simply a nice card.

InTheAirGuy Oct 1, 2006 7:05 pm

For this SE, I'm starting an American Platinum Challenge, effective today.

All I need to do is cross 10,000 miles in the next three months -- which will likely happen in the next *two weeks* -- and at least I'll have another option, albeit not with too much value -- when stranded in O'Hare or DFW or other places, and at least have a human being to call as opposed to a robotic anti-human droid customer service loop.

Call it hedging.

I understand that the new AA status will kick in immediately at 10K, and that I should see a kit within a few weeks after that, and that my status will be good till Feb 08.

The Lev Oct 2, 2006 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
For this SE, I'm starting an American Platinum Challenge, effective today.

All I need to do is cross 10,000 miles in the next three months -- which will likely happen in the next *two weeks* -- and at least I'll have another option, albeit not with too much value -- when stranded in O'Hare or DFW or other places, and at least have a human being to call as opposed to a robotic anti-human droid customer service loop.

Call it hedging.

I understand that the new AA status will kick in immediately at 10K, and that I should see a kit within a few weeks after that, and that my status will be good till Feb 08.

Then the trick will be to maintain both in 2008 and beyond!

cbob Oct 3, 2006 1:09 pm

Good thread.
Very helpful for those approaching a new status level.

I'm guessing that those of us that have Elite, and have passed the 35k threshold already should not expect any contact about next year?
I've been getting the UG certs on schedule but nothing noted about the E threshold.
My chances of getting more than 50k this year are slim-to-none so SE is not in my future. Just seemed to remember something being said at 35k last year.

Commander Bob
Suddenly Infrequent Flyer.

Vader Oct 9, 2006 10:38 am

Originally Posted by JoshKleiman
I just got my E package the other day. It took approximately 2 weeks to receive the Elite card in the mail.

Anyone else with similar stories? I should cross the Elite threshold on the 18/19th of October and was hoping to get the SSWU's to use on a flight that I am taking November 5... Any chance that I will get my package in time if I choose my package right away?

Vader

AleEat Oct 9, 2006 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Vader
Anyone else with similar stories? I should cross the Elite threshold on the 18/19th of October and was hoping to get the SSWU's to use on a flight that I am taking November 5... Any chance that I will get my package in time if I choose my package right away?

Vader

I chose my SE benefits today.... I'll let you know when I receive the package.

Sludge82 Oct 9, 2006 12:47 pm

is this why I've gone from zero to 2p, valid to Feb 2008?

(I flew 26k miles between May and Aug this year)

zorn Oct 9, 2006 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Sludge82
is this why I've gone from zero to 2p, valid to Feb 2008?

(I flew 26k miles between May and Aug this year)

No, the information in this thread reflects Air Canada's policies and practices only. (Hence the use of 'AC' throughout.)

You should see the United Airlines thread for information on how status with UA works.

FlyerGoldII Oct 9, 2006 4:39 pm

If one is already a SE or E, and one qualifies for the same status for the following year by the end of April, will one get another SE or E package, respectively. If so, would one get extra certs that one may not otherwise get, through this early re-qualification?

zorn Oct 9, 2006 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
If one is already a SE or E, and one qualifies for the same status for the following year by the end of April, will one get another SE or E package, respectively. If so, would one get extra certs that one may not otherwise get, through this early re-qualification?

No.

Sludge82 Oct 12, 2006 4:16 am

Originally Posted by zorn
No, the information in this thread reflects Air Canada's policies and practices only. (Hence the use of 'AC' throughout.)

You should see the United Airlines thread for information on how status with UA works.

oops, sorry, my bad :o

not sure how I managed to get lost and end up on an air canada thread tho!

aaac Oct 17, 2006 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Vader

Vader

My SE package arrived about 10 business days from the day that I selected the package.

Good luck!!!!