Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 17, 19, 2:34 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bohemian1
Wiki Link
2017 Altitude Status

Here are the Reduced eUpgrade Credits selection for Bundle 1 & Bundle 2 for each Early Status Recognition Altitude Status:
Code:
 E35K E50K
 Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10) Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 30)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10)

E75K SE100K
 Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 40) Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 50)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 15) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20)
Package Received Timeframe:

E35K - 5 to 6 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E50K - 7 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E75K - 10 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E100K - 14 Business Days (Based in YVR)
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 14, 19, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by codfather View Post
Yes, this is true.

But the poster did not specify whether or not the flights that put him/her over 25,000 miles occurred in October and posted on November 5th, or flown on November 5th and not yet posted.
Thanks all for the replies

I flew on the 5th, posted on the 7th. As of September 30th (which was my last flight before October 31st) I was 360 miles short of 25k
codfather likes this.
Old Nov 21, 19, 12:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
A cautionary tale for anyone hoping for flexibility on Early Recognition (although I'm sure this won't come as a surprise to many).

Back story: first year as a frequent flyer on AC, hit P25 back in July, and set up flights to hit 35 AQS on October 27 (leaving a 4 day buffer for the flight to clear for Early Recognition; AQD spend more than double the required). Booked some extra flights on the assumption of having the status (whoops) including a flight in December where I needed the extra checked bag.

Late October my family suffers an unexpected bereavement and I have to shuffle things around. The October 27 flight gets pushed to November 3, but I book new flights for the funeral which get me to 35 AQS on October 30. I wondered if this would mess with Early Recognition, but figured/hoped they'd be flexible as the flight was before October 31 and even if it didn't post before the 31st surely they'd be sympathetic given that this only changed because a loved one passed away (whoops again).

Early November my status hasn't changed so I reach out to AC. They tell me I should 'normally' have the status by December, and to follow-up on November 20 if not. November 20 rolls around and no change, so I follow up. This time I'm told there can be no exceptions and I'm out of luck. Thanks to that two week delay I'm now unable to make arrangements around this issue so I'm just going to have to swallow the baggage fees. It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, a couple hundred bucks and the status is hardly amazing in terms of perks (although I was looking forward to the lounge access - I have some pretty severe mobility issues and AC lounge staff seem to be exceptional when it comes to handling customers with disabilities), but I was nevertheless a little surprised by how inflexible they've been.

TL;DR: there are no exceptions

Last edited by prosonic; Nov 21, 19 at 1:04 pm
Old Nov 21, 19, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ View Post
Has enough time passed for you to answer your own question?
--
13F
Nope. Still not credited with my flight back from Australia, so haven't hit the 75k status yet.
Old Nov 21, 19, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by prosonic View Post
A cautionary tale for anyone hoping for flexibility on Early Recognition (although I'm sure this won't come as a surprise to many).

Back story: first year as a frequent flyer on AC, hit P25 back in July, and set up flights to hit 35 AQS on October 27 (leaving a 4 day buffer for the flight to clear for Early Recognition; AQD spend more than double the required). Booked some extra flights on the assumption of having the status (whoops) including a flight in December where I needed the extra checked bag.

Late October my family suffers an unexpected bereavement and I have to shuffle things around. The October 27 flight gets pushed to November 3, but I book new flights for the funeral which get me to 35 AQS on October 30. I wondered if this would mess with Early Recognition, but figured/hoped they'd be flexible as the flight was before October 31 and even if it didn't post before the 31st surely they'd be sympathetic given that this only changed because a loved one passed away (whoops again).

Early November my status hasn't changed so I reach out to AC. They tell me I should 'normally' have the status by December, and to follow-up on November 20 if not. November 20 rolls around and no change, so I follow up. This time I'm told there can be no exceptions and I'm out of luck. Thanks to that two week delay I'm now unable to make arrangements around this issue so I'm just going to have to swallow the baggage fees. It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, a couple hundred bucks and the status is hardly amazing in terms of perks (although I was looking forward to the lounge access - I have some pretty severe mobility issues and AC lounge staff seem to be exceptional when it comes to handling customers with disabilities), but I was nevertheless a little surprised by how inflexible they've been.

TL;DR: there are no exceptions
I'm not surprised. I had the same. Took a flight on Oct.16 to push me past E35 and have about 15 days to post. A week later it still didn't post, had to chase Aeroplan and AC. They told me there was a problem nothing they can do as it's a *A carrier that posted the miles but AC's systems sent it to another member. Another week goes by, nothing, Nov 1st arrives and they post BUT with Oct.16 as the flown date. BUT no early recognition as they posted on Nov1st for Oct.16th flights. The irony.

I don't care at this point, I'm past 50K now but still on 25k status as I have to wait until March for it to kick in. Worst customer service I had in years to resolve this. "Not our fault our systems messed up, sorry we can't do anything."

Ok..
Old Nov 25, 19, 4:25 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E75K (*G), NEXUS
E75K Early qualification as of 20 Oct (AQM as of 9 Oct but $28 AQD short until 20th). Able to select benefits as of 30 Oct. Card and tags arrived in the mail while I was travelling, after Nov 8 so just received. Toronto downtown.
Old Dec 17, 19, 10:06 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Early recognition cut-off question for E75 to SE

I had thought that after the end Oct cutoff you can not increase status in the same year, is it different story for SE specifically?

I hit my requirements for SE in 2020 just about a week ago. Two days later the altitude dashboard was asking which privileges i would like to select. The note at the top of my dashboard said to select privileges before Oct 31 2019 so I thought the story was different for SE, never been there before. Further I had not heard of anyone selecting for 2020 yet. I may have made some different choices if I knew it was for next year. Has anyone had any luck changing selections after the fact if its the case?

Any insight is appreciated.
Old Dec 17, 19, 11:46 am

Programs: AC, Marriott
Originally Posted by Danima1 View Post
I had thought that after the end Oct cutoff you can not increase status in the same year, is it different story for SE specifically?
If you qualify before Oct 31 you get eUpgrade credits and can choose privileges for the rest of that year (2019 in this case). You'll then choose again in late 2019 or early 2020 for the 2020 year.

Those who miss the Oct 31st early requalification deadline will get swept in late 2019 or early 2020 and select their privileges for 2020. These sweeps are happening now.
canadiancow likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: