Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tenet
Does my zone boarding get updated right away at least? I'll be flying again tomorrow
You'll probably need them to remove your Aeroplan number and readd it, but that should be enough time for DCS to see your status.
codfather likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Tenet
Does my zone boarding get updated right away at least? I'll be flying again tomorrow
Zone boarding will reflect what is on your Altitude dashboard, which in this case is P25K (so Zone 3). Your Aeroplan number now corresponds to your status.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by codfather
Zone boarding will reflect what is on your Altitude dashboard, which in this case is P25K (so Zone 3). Your Aeroplan number now corresponds to your status.
DCS is a day delayed from the dashboard. So if your status changes today, you CANNOT get it recognized on flights today.

By default, I think DCS pulls your status around 4 days before departure, so if it changes in that timeframe, you need to remove your number and re-add it to force it to refresh the status.

The FQTV SSR looks something like "AC123456789SE-KENNEDY/SMR-SUPER ELITE 100K". It's not just your number, so it doesn't update automatically if your status changes.

It has my Aeroplan number, my name/title, and the status. So if it was recorded as "ELITE 75K", it needs to be reset.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
DCS is a day delayed from the dashboard. So if your status changes today, you CANNOT get it recognized on flights today.

By default, I think DCS pulls your status around 4 days before departure, so if it changes in that timeframe, you need to remove your number and re-add it to force it to refresh the status.

The FQTV SSR looks something like "AC123456789SE-KENNEDY/SMR-SUPER ELITE 100K". It's not just your number, so it doesn't update automatically if your status changes.

It has my Aeroplan number, my name/title, and the status. So if it was recorded as "ELITE 75K", it needs to be reset.
Disregard everything I said in my post. Hahahaha.

canadiancow is a walking AC encyclopedia!
Old Oct 30, 2019, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Disregard everything I said in my post. Hahahaha.

canadiancow is a walking AC encycowpedia!
FTFY
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
FTFY
I feel stupid asking this, but what does FTFY stand for? Can't find it in the FT glossary

And I think encycowpedia takes the cake
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: AC E50K, DL GM , Hyatt Glob.
May as well post my issue here: I was flying on 10/26 YYZ -> YUL -> YQB; YQB -> YUL -> YTZ. However while at YQB, my YQB -> YUL (14:50) leg inbound was delayed, due to mechanical issues for ~1 hour. Plane landed and during boarding we were stopped and informed that YUL was under an operational hold expected to last another hour. the GA noticed I was going to Toronto end-point anyways, and said I could hop on the 1620p YQB -> YYZ instead if I didn't mind the different airport. I took the offer (had somewhere to be later that night).

My AQD was expected to be $286; however for w/e reason my YQB-> YYZ leg AQD cleared at $40, and total AQD is now $130. and I'm hilariously enough $6.75 short of AQD goal (for 10/31)... so much for E50 early recog eh.

I filed a AQD claim submission - but the form claims 10 days, however not sure if that works. anything I should do here? anything I can do here?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 11:51 pm

I'm more impressed your AQD posted in 4 days. I don't think you can do much but wait now.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 4:06 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
I feel stupid asking this, but what does FTFY stand for? Can't find it in the FT glossary
Fixed that for you
codfather likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: AC Altitude 35K, Bonvoy Gold
I just got early recognition to 35K on altitude. I received my package which included the two guest passes, but they expire in Feb 2020. Is it supposed to expire so soon? Last year when I got early recognition to 25K, I got two guest passes that expire Feb 2020 as well.

Last edited by hrashid; Oct 31, 2019 at 7:45 am
Old Oct 31, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: AC E50K, DL GM , Hyatt Glob.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm more impressed your AQD posted in 4 days. I don't think you can do much but wait now.
haha yea - normally takes a solid week or two. but this time was fast... happy halloween.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by hrashid
I just got early recognition to 35K on altitude. I received my package which included the two guest passes, but they expire in Feb 2020. Is it supposed to expire so soon? Last year when I got early recognition to 25K, I got two guest passes that expire Feb 2020 as well.
Believe they're meant to expire 2020 as it's early recognition, I imagine previously they'd just ran out of the old ones so sent new ones. Or they made an error, I've certainly been sent too many by mistake before.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Hit E75K requirements today, lets see if I get to pick benefits when the flights post in a couple days.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Early Recognition Qualification Period

" Members who reach a status level during the qualification year prior to October 31 may be eligible for early recognition at a higher Altitude status" (https://altitude.aircanada.com/status/terms-conditions)

Does anyone know if flight completed on October 31 would count towards early recognition? I flew YOW-YYZ-UVF on Oct 31 this year, which put me over for E35K. Even though my tracking numbers on the Alititude dashboard have been updated, I do not see the status change nor have I received a notice of reaching E35K.

(though, for a week, I have been seeing a message on that page "We are currently experiencing a high volume of visits to our website. As such, Altitude Qualifying Dollar (AQD) information may not be available at this time. Please check back again later to view your AQD tracker and recent transactions.: - could it just be delayed?)
Old Nov 10, 2019, 11:05 am

My wife had a flight on October 31st. At that time she had sufficient AQM for the next level, but was about $500 short of AQD. The AQD from the October 31st flight posted yesterday (November 9th). She is now $1.26 AQD short of reaching the next level. No increase in status on Altitude. I'm not sure if it is because she is technically short of the threshold or because the AQD posted in November. No issue for us since any incremental benefits wouldn't be used by February 2020 anyway.

No question - just another data point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.