Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: ex AC SE100K now 75k :-( / Bonvoy Titanium / All Accor Gold/ Avis Presidents Club / National EE
Originally Posted by yvrnycracer
Yes exactly! I will actually be 100k for the new status year, I’m just wondering if the reduced qualification will apply as I will try to toss in a few extra segments to actually push for early qualification for 100k as well. I will cross 71 segments by Thursday actually.

Well it seems the early recognition and reduced qualification level don’t mesh after all my latest segments posted, not overly concerned as I will cross the threshold next week but finding that benefit choice is not worth it (I was unsure at the exact amount of travel this year due to employment change). Do they do regular sweeps or is the lower qualification level something manually done? (I can’t imagine it is)
Old Oct 4, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
The uncertain value of the lower requal level is why I have not selected benefits yet. I should cross 75K by the official sweep date, so I will select on the day of the penultimate flight. And since the chance to get to 95K (SE with the benefit) is next to nil so I'll choose something else when I do THAT selection.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 1:57 pm
ecc

Programs: Air Canada/Aeroplan E50K, Mariott Gold Elite, Hotels.com Gold, Best Western Diamond Select,
Final timeline:
- Crossed 50K AQM on September 18 (already had AQD before this)
- AQM hit account sometime between 23:00 and 06:00 Atlantic time on September 20-21
- Status updated to 50k sometime between 0600 and 0900 on September 21.
- Replacement card ordered on September 21st
- Replacement card arrived October 1st
- Welcome packet with luggage tags, card, duty free discount voucher and 3 guest passes to MLL arrived today, October 8th.

Old Oct 12, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive
Flew my 95th segment yesterday to hit SE with $21K spend. ��
Old Oct 12, 2019, 4:54 pm

So, going to cross 75K and then SE in the next couple of weeks. Can't decide what to choose and been too long since I had to think about this. If the eups are adjusted by what you have already received then I am thinking I should just choose the 35K gift at 75 and then switch to eups at SE? Likely will choose the bonus miles as the other option. This is only in thinking about early recognition. But I may be completely wrong in all this. Ideas welcomed!
Old Oct 13, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: AC E50K, DL GM , Hyatt Glob.
Anyone seeing a delay for AC to hit their account in AQD and AQS/AQM recently? I realize it's always been +2-4 days, but it's been 1 week for mine. Got the AQS on +5 days after and i'm still waiting (now +8 days) for the AQD.

Trying to see what i'm over/under and whether I need a last minute upgrade to clear the AQD mark by 10.31
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Do LMUs count for AQD?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Do LMUs count for AQD?
I would see LMU as part of the bid program so the answer would be no. But agree it's not entirely clear:

Currently, the amount you successfully bid to obtain an upgrade as part of the AC Bid Upgrade program does not count toward your AQD balance.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:09 am

eUp add-ons count. No other upgrade purchases do.

On another matter, my Friday flight has posted AQM already, so I'd be a little concerned if older AC flights hadn't posted yet.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
Just hit early qualification from 50K to 75K.

When I'm selecting my new privileges, does it override what I had already selected at 50K or is it in addition to? I don't see the lower re-qualification option which I had selected at 50K and which I'll need to get 100K at the end of the year. I want to make sure I don't lose that.

Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by recreationaltimetraveller

When I'm selecting my new privileges, does it override what I had already selected at 50K or is it in addition to? I don't see the lower re-qualification option which I had selected at 50K and which I'll need to get 100K at the end of the year. I want to make sure I don't lose that.

Gladly accepting donations of E35K or E50K from E75Ks and SE100Ks...

Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold

Unfortunately you shouldn't have selected "Lower Requalification" at 50K if you were going to achieve early status recognition to 75K or 100K this year. Of course hindsight is 20/20. You need to select it when choosing your 2020 benefits at the level you end up at later this year.
flyquiet likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Benner
Unfortunately you shouldn't have selected "Lower Requalification" at 50K if you were going to achieve early status recognition to 75K or 100K this year. Of course hindsight is 20/20. You need to select it when choosing your 2020 benefits at the level you end up at later this year.
Why? That makes no sense given the change they made this year.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Benner
It was my understanding that the re-qualification at a lower level changed this year and nw applies to all status levels:
Lower Requalification: Designed to help you get closer to the status you want, the Lower Requalification Select Privilege will now apply to all eligible tiers, regardless of the status level at which it was selected*
My understanding of that language was that if I selected it at 50K it would apply to 75 or 100K, meaning I can earn SE at 95K. What I want to make sure is that the 75K benefits I can now select are in addition to the ones I selected at 50K and not replacing them.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
It was my understanding that the re-qualification at a lower level changed this year and nw applies to all status levels:

My understanding of that language was that if I selected it at 50K it would apply to 75 or 100K, meaning I can earn SE at 95K. What I want to make sure is that the 75K benefits I can now select are in addition to the ones I selected at 50K and not replacing them.
You are right that the benefit means that you can qualify at any equal or greater status for 5k fewer AQM.

The challenge is that I am 99.9% sure that selecting your early status recognition E75 benefits gets rid of your earlier E50 selections. For example if you selected the 50% altitude bonus on your 50K selections, but didn't select the 75% altitude bonus option on your early status recognition E75K selections you would get no bonus from the point that you became a 75K (you wouldn't get the 50% bonus still from your 50K selections). I don't believe they would go back and remove the points though (just like they don't go back and increase them).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.