Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 17, 19, 2:34 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bohemian1
Wiki Link
2017 Altitude Status

Here are the Reduced eUpgrade Credits selection for Bundle 1 & Bundle 2 for each Early Status Recognition Altitude Status:
Code:
 E35K E50K
 Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10) Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 30)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10)

E75K SE100K
 Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 40) Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 50)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 15) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20)
Package Received Timeframe:

E35K - 5 to 6 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E50K - 7 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E75K - 10 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E100K - 14 Business Days (Based in YVR)
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 5, 08, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by The Lev View Post
Then you just wasted a choice.

All miles will be credited based on your second (higher) status. Problem is you could have got some extra certs if you had not chosen that option on the first go round.
Is it really wasting a choice? Wouldn't that give me (as an E) 2500 status miles for 2009 and 2500 status miles for 2010? A big benefit of early recognition, if I understand it correctly, seems to be the double-dipping opportunity..
Old Apr 5, 08, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE MM, SD Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by knifemein View Post
Is it really wasting a choice? Wouldn't that give me (as an E) 2500 status miles for 2009 and 2500 status miles for 2010? A big benefit of early recognition, if I understand it correctly, seems to be the double-dipping opportunity..
I am assuming that AC orginally expected you to be say P, but then with late mileage credits that got posted in say January, you got moved up to E. In such a case, the orginal miles credited to your account (1250), will be taken away and you'll get 2500 in their place.

On the other hand, if you only achieved P last year and then haver flown a lot this year such that you've already achieved E based on 2008 accrual, then yes you would keep both the 1250 miles given to you as a P in your selection at the start of the year and the 2500 you just chose.

either way, the miles are credited for 2008 not 2009 or 2010 (although of course they count towards achieving your minimum threshholds for status next year).

(same theory applies if you are gonig from E to SE).
Old Apr 5, 08, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
Originally Posted by The Lev View Post
I am assuming that AC orginally expected you to be say P, but then with late mileage credits that got posted in say January, you got moved up to E. In such a case, the orginal miles credited to your account (1250), will be taken away and you'll get 2500 in their place.

On the other hand, if you only achieved P last year and then haver flown a lot this year such that you've already achieved E based on 2008 accrual, then yes you would keep both the 1250 miles given to you as a P in your selection at the start of the year and the 2500 you just chose.

either way, the miles are credited for 2008 not 2009 or 2010 (although of course they count towards achieving your minimum threshholds for status next year).

(same theory applies if you are gonig from E to SE).

Actually it is 1500 status miles as an option for Prestige members. However, if you earn Prestige during 2008 and receive your kit and benefits in early 2009, then earn Elite during 2009 for 2009/10 instant recognition (and which will also include 2010/11 status and benefits/options selection) and select this option, then select the same mileage option in the first group of Elite choices (for 2500 SMs), the Prestige 1500 SMs will be removed and the 2500 SMs replace them. You won't get 4000 SMs total. Even if you select another pair of options -- I believe you are permitted two in the first grouping -- you lose the Prestige choice of SMs. However, as I discovered, should you use the 1500 SMs to qualify for Elite (i.e. not earn much more than 35K SMs) when those 1500 SMs are removed, you will still be Elite even if your new balance is under 35K...and you will also have requalified for the following benefit year.
Old Apr 5, 08, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA 1P
I should have clarified that I'm referring to going from no status to E. I'm wondering in that case whether I can get 2500 status miles in 2008 (early redemption choices) and again in 2009 when I get to choose again in January.
Old Apr 6, 08, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by knifemein View Post
I should have clarified that I'm referring to going from no status to E. I'm wondering in that case whether I can get 2500 status miles in 2008 (early redemption choices) and again in 2009 when I get to choose again in January.
Yes - you'll be asked to choose your 2009 benefits (likely in December), at which point you can opt for the 2,500 miles, which will post in early 2009 and count towards achieving status in 2010.
Old Jun 23, 08, 4:17 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, MR LTT, IHG Gold, BW Diamond Select
I'm unsure about a basic question and I hope I can get some help from the veterans here. I looked through the thread and didn't see this question answered. It could be because the answer is entirely obvious to others.

I'm Elite now and hit that level from basic early last fall. As soon as my most recent segment posts, I will hit 35k and qualify early for Elite in 2009. I assume I will be invited to choose some additional benefits in the next week or so.

At the moment, I have 50% bonus non-q miles as one of my choice benefits. Do I risk any of those bonus miles if I fail to select that option with my early 2009 qualification package? Can I just select that option again in December and thus keep earning the extra 50% the entire time?
Old Jun 23, 08, 5:28 pm

Programs: AC*E, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by unclepants View Post
I'm unsure about a basic question and I hope I can get some help from the veterans here. I looked through the thread and didn't see this question answered. It could be because the answer is entirely obvious to others.

I'm Elite now and hit that level from basic early last fall. As soon as my most recent segment posts, I will hit 35k and qualify early for Elite in 2009. I assume I will be invited to choose some additional benefits in the next week or so.

At the moment, I have 50% bonus non-q miles as one of my choice benefits. Do I risk any of those bonus miles if I fail to select that option with my early 2009 qualification package? Can I just select that option again in December and thus keep earning the extra 50% the entire time?
No, you will receive an email with the rest of the gang in late 2008 to select your 2009 benefits.

"Instant" benefit selection only kicks in when one achieves *E or *SE mid year... so if you got *SE before year's end it would kick in.
Old Jun 30, 08, 3:15 pm

A question I don't think has been explicitly answered.

Crossed-over the early Elite qualification level on the outbound segment of a trip. Was a quick trip so I returned before the outgoing points had even posted. I have selected the 50% bonus points as one of my privileges. I know this won't apply to the trip that put me over the qualification level but it should apply to the return segments, right? Should I expect to automatically get the bonus for the return segment or will I have to call/write in? If so, is this an AC issue or an AE issue?

Thanks
Old Jun 30, 08, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by robsawatsky View Post
I have selected the 50% bonus points as one of my privileges. I know this won't apply to the trip that put me over the qualification level but it should apply to the return segments, right? Should I expect to automatically get the bonus for the return segment or will I have to call/write in?
Why don't you report back when you find out in 3 days or so?

If so, is this an AC issue or an AE issue?
If the bonus miles don't post, I would contact AC through the Contact Us link on the AC website. That's where I always report not getting my miles for online bookings.
Old Jun 30, 08, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
Why don't you report back when you find out in 3 days or so?

If the bonus miles don't post, I would contact AC through the Contact Us link on the AC website. That's where I always report not getting my miles for online bookings.
I should have clarified - all segments from that trip have posted - but before the website indicated my privilege selections.
Old Jun 30, 08, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I should have clarified - all segments from that trip have posted - but before the website indicated my privilege selections.
You should get your bonus miles - usually takes until the Sunday following when they posted the regular miles.

If they don't appear in a week or two follow MG's suggestion.
Old Jul 4, 08, 8:29 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG
Just re-qualified for E today!! Yay!!
Old Jul 22, 08, 12:42 pm

Programs: Air: Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K Million Mile, Hotel: Starwood Platinum Lifetime
Hit 102,000 qualifying miles just before June 30th, all miles accumulated within North America.

That makes 11 years straight of Ellite status as a minimum with 3 of those years at SuperElite.

At least I get better access to Reward seats!
Old Aug 5, 08, 2:30 pm

Programs: AC~SE, Marriot-Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive, Hertz PC
Early SE Recognition...

I'll achive SE early-mid Sept... now based on the rolling renums on Sunday.
Anyone have experience with this, as in how long it will take AC to recognize my SE status and have the options on AP login to pick packages and get them in the mail... or how does it all work for that?

Thanks.
Old Aug 20, 08, 5:39 am

Programs: AC*SE, NW*Plat, Hilton-Diamond
Status if close but not quite there

I'll hit 99,475 mid-sep with no further flights planned in 2008.

Do you think air canada will grant me SE status, or will I have to make a final run to get there?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: