Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:47 pm
alc

Originally Posted by CanuckAV8R
......as I would like to transfer some eUPs to my Boss for her return TATL flight from visiting friends in Europe.
You can't transfer eUpgrade credits to another else. You can also add person name as your eUpgrade nominee (that will expire in Feb 28 next year and you can enter a different or same person on March 1st) and request the upgrade from your account.

Unless you are travelling with your boss on the same flight, she will not be able to count as the travel companion.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
deleted comment
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Hoping for a sweep too. 75K guy, but at 110,000/50/35,000 (posted, yay!) and probably hit 125,000/55/40,000 before year's end. SE100 would be great, as I would like to transfer some eUPs to my Boss for her return TATL flight from visiting friends in Europe.

Do we just patiently hope for a sweep, or is there any contact we can make to politely ask for consideration of early bump even though past 15 Oct? I'll probably be looking at 150k/60/$50k next year, would it be worthwhile noting this in a polite request to AC?

Cheers
AV8
With AQD like yours, I'd reach out on Twitter. Ask to DM them, and then share the numbers. Just the AQM and AQD, but put the emphasis on the AQD.
YYJAC likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: AC SE
Is AC still sending packages for early recognition? I selected my E75K benefits on November 1st but have yet to receive my package. I don't care much about the card itself, I just want the 5 lounge passes I picked as a benefit!
Old Nov 27, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC Elite 75k
Originally Posted by jasdou
Is AC still sending packages for early recognition? I selected my E75K benefits on November 1st but have yet to receive my package. I don't care much about the card itself, I just want the 5 lounge passes I picked as a benefit!
I selected mine on November 1st as well and I haven't received my package yet either. I think it just takes forever. Post here if you get yours!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: AC 35K, Bonvoy & IHG Plat, Hertz Pres Circ
Originally Posted by canadiancow
With AQD like yours, I'd reach out on Twitter. Ask to DM them, and then share the numbers. Just the AQM and AQD, but put the emphasis on the AQD.
Thanks alc and cow, I'll reach out to them and let you know how I make out.

Cheers,
AV8
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Bonvoy & IHG Plat, Hertz Pres Circ
Thanks alc and cow, I'll reach out to them and let you know how I make out.

Cheers,
AV8
UPDATE: "Unfortunately, having passed the 15 Oct date for early redemption, we cannot fulfill your request at this time."

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, I suppose. Now to figure what to do with all my eUps that are set to expire end-Feb 2018.

Cheers,
AV8
Old Nov 30, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: AC SE
I just got off the phone with AE regarding my missing package. The agent told me that packages for E35K and SE100K were delayed because they ran out of cards (!). I didn't ask when/if they would get more as it wasn't relevant to my situation. In my case, the agent just told me that she would be resending the package and that I should expect it within 2 weeks. She wouldn't say if a package had already been sent or not.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
UPDATE: "Unfortunately, having passed the 15 Oct date for early redemption, we cannot fulfill your request at this time."

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, I suppose. Now to figure what to do with all my eUps that are set to expire end-Feb 2018.

Cheers,
AV8
I will happily accept eupgs :-)
Old Nov 30, 2017, 2:38 pm

Cheers,
AV8
I DM'd them as well and got exactly the same response.
Currently 75k MM on 125k AQM and $25k AQD with more trips to come this year.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E%dK
For what it's worth, I selected my package on Nov 1 (E50K) and am still waiting for my package. A buddy of mine selected a week earlier and received his a little over a week ago.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Does AQM/AQD really make a difference? When speaking with Reservations or Concierge, do they know your specific AQM/AQS/AQD or are you simply a SE? The reason I ask is because my numbers (256K/74/56K) aren't anything special in my mind but the way you word it, I should expect some more lenience over other SEs.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Cow was suggesting a close line could get to SE status. SE status is SE status. Of course, individual concierges may know and recognize and naturally work slightly harder for people they know and recognize and care about.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
Does AQM/AQD really make a difference? When speaking with Reservations or Concierge, do they know your specific AQM/AQS/AQD or are you simply a SE? The reason I ask is because my numbers (256K/74/56K) aren't anything special in my mind but the way you word it, I should expect some more lenience over other SEs.
It really doesn't mean anything to them at all.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: AC Altitude E%dK
Boo... called AE about my missing package. They said it was shipped Nov 9, so I can only assume it was lost or stolen in the mail. I really wish they didn't send out their packages in fancy envelopes that say things like "Your privileges inside" which practically says "Steal me". This happened a few years back as well. Anyway, he said they were done sending out packages for the year, so I'll have to wait til March for next year's package.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.