Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 3, 18, 12:17 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Bohemian1
Wiki Link
2017 Altitude Status

Here are the Reduced eUpgrade Credits selection for Bundle 1 & Bundle 2 for each Early Status Recognition Altitude Status:
Code:
 E35K E50K
 Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10) Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 30)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10)

E75K SE100K
 Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 40) Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 50)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 15) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20)
Package Received Timeframe:

E35K - 5 to 6 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E50K - 7 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E75K - 10 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E100K - 14 Business Days (Based in YVR)
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 4, 17, 1:07 pm

Programs: AC Elite 35k
Originally Posted by alc View Post
getoutside with the announcement that we will get to select our 2018 Privileges on Nov 15th, I think that does officially mean no more Early Status Recognition for 2017 benefits year any more. My guess for your situation will be you will become E50K during a sweep and then you will get to select your 2018 Privileges.
But those privileges I'll be able to choose after the 15th will only take affect in March 2018 right? I have to stay with E35k until then?

It would be nice to have MLL access before March, I guess is why I'm asking.
Old Nov 4, 17, 2:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
But those privileges I'll be able to choose after the 15th will only take affect in March 2018 right? I have to stay with E35k until then?

It would be nice to have MLL access before March, I guess is why I'm asking.
Historically the new status (if higher than present) has taken effect once you could select your new privileges.
Old Nov 13, 17, 2:01 pm

Programs: *G, AC E50K, Nexus, Amex Plat
Well, just got home after 2.5 weeks abroad, still no early recognition package at home or anything
Guess I'll just keep using the digital card.

edit: though I guess it doesn't matter, hitting another status in a couple weeks \_(ツ)_/
Old Nov 13, 17, 3:29 pm
alc

Originally Posted by yosemite1 View Post
Well, just got home after 2.5 weeks abroad, still no early recognition package at home or anything
Guess I'll just keep using the digital card.

edit: though I guess it doesn't matter, hitting another status in a couple weeks \_(ツ)_/
Canada Post is off today, due to Remembrance Day, from the trend that I observed earlier, you will have the package today.

PS, I did made the same mistake for my own SE100K package, naming it I will have it today, when I didn't realized at the time today is a holiday for Canada Post.
Old Nov 13, 17, 6:13 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
A quick question for the experts here:

I'm currently E35, and I completed the E50 requirements with a flight on Oct 27. The AQS posted to my dashboard Oct 30 and the AQD posted on Oct 31 (this flight put me over E50 for both) (but I swear I didn't cheapen the cabin, I'm sure most times no one even knew I was there ). Yet my Altitude dashboard still shows me as E35 working toward E50.

I know from reading here that one can receive early recognition if they qualify before Oct 31, so I was hoping to get early E50 status. Since it's not showing on the dashboard, should I just assume I didn't make it in time? (This is the first time I've qualified for a new status this early in the year, and I've searched the Altitude website but can't find a contact number to "nudge" for this type of issue.)

It won't kill me to wait for E50, but it would be nice to have it early too...
Old Nov 13, 17, 7:10 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by kenlor View Post
but I swear I didn't cheapen the cabin, I'm sure most times no one even knew I was there
I am not the expert on your actual question but I do remember a thread where it was discussed that E50Ks were to polish the shoes of S100Ks. You really should make your presence known.
kenlor likes this.
Old Nov 13, 17, 7:14 pm

A quick question for the experts here:
Not an expert, but this is what i understand from reading posts from this time in years past, and asking similar questions...

I am in a similar boat. I met the requirements for 100k on Nov 1st, with the last AQD's being posted on Nov 6th

My understanding is that after Oct 15th, we have missed "early recognition" where you get the full package (tags etc) sent out to you for the new status.

Instead though, there are periodic 'sweeps', where we are likely to get 'swept' up to the new status and get the electronic benefits (new status on boarding cards, co-pay free Eups / Zone 1 boarding for SE100k, access to reward seats etc). I hope this happens soon since I'm off to PEK on Wednesday, and would really like a lie-flat!

I've also read that we might get 'swept' when the invites to choose 2018 benefits go out - rumoured to be ~ November 15th

Let me know if you get 'swept', and I'll do the same.
kenlor likes this.
Old Nov 14, 17, 1:20 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life View Post
I am not the expert on your actual question but I do remember a thread where it was discussed that E50Ks were to polish the shoes of S100Ks. You really should make your presence known.
Ah. Please accept my deepest apologies, accompanied by the appropriate forelock tugging. I'll be prepared to spit on your shoes when we next meet (for polishing purposes, of course ).

Originally Posted by marginal View Post
Not an expert, but this is what i understand...
<snip>
...we might get 'swept' when the invites to choose 2018 benefits go out - rumoured to be ~ November 15th
Thanks for the info marginal, I'll be sure to let you know if/when this happens.
Old Nov 14, 17, 7:06 pm

I got this today on my Altitude page:
"You've reached a higher Altitude status.

Beginning early next year, you will be bumped up to your new level of privileges."

Still hoping for a sweep in the near future.
Old Nov 15, 17, 10:05 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life View Post

​​​​​So that's why the guy outside the YYZ Intl MLL is always asking me for a shoe shine - he's an E50K!
​​​
Old Nov 15, 17, 10:31 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ View Post
​​​​​So that's why the guy outside the YYZ Intl MLL is always asking me for a shoe shine - he's an E50K!
​​​
Isn't that the TB one?
Old Nov 15, 17, 1:39 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by marginal View Post
I got this today on my Altitude page:
"You've reached a higher Altitude status.

Beginning early next year, you will be bumped up to your new level of privileges."

Still hoping for a sweep in the near future.
Yup, I just checked and I have the same message on my page. Here's hoping for a sweep!
Old Nov 15, 17, 6:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Yup, I just checked and I have the same message on my page. Here's hoping for a sweep!
I also have the same message after crossing over 100k yesterday. However, the AQD to put me over has not posted yet so it seems like the logic is incorrect.
Old Nov 23, 17, 5:04 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Any reports of a sweep yet for soft recognition of higher status?

I just crossed the SE100K AQM threshold, waiting for my AQD to post. Hopefully there'll be a sweep soon!
Old Nov 26, 17, 2:21 pm

Programs: AC SE
Hoping for a sweep too. 75K guy, but at 110,000/50/35,000 (posted, yay!) and probably hit 125,000/55/40,000 before year's end. SE100 would be great, as I would like to transfer some eUPs to my Boss for her return TATL flight from visiting friends in Europe.

Do we just patiently hope for a sweep, or is there any contact we can make to politely ask for consideration of early bump even though past 15 Oct? I'll probably be looking at 150k/60/$50k next year, would it be worthwhile noting this in a polite request to AC?

Cheers
AV8

Search this Thread