Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 3, 18, 12:17 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Wiki Link
2017 Altitude Status

Here are the Reduced eUpgrade Credits selection for Bundle 1 & Bundle 2 for each Early Status Recognition Altitude Status:
Code:
 E35K E50K
 Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10) Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 30)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10)
 
 E75K SE100K
 Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 40) Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 50)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 15) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20)
Package Received Timeframe:

E35K - 5 to 6 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E50K - 7 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E75K - 10 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E100K - 14 Business Days (Based in YVR)
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Oct 28, 17, 11:42 am
  #1831  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: YQB
Programs: AC E75K
Posts: 1,390
Oooh look at my shiny new status in my signature! The flight that put me over 75K was a UA segment flown on Wednesday and credited this morning. My dashboard showed my new status this morning as well.

This is my highest status ever so I am kind of excited!
jasdou is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 17, 3:21 pm
  #1832  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,414
Originally Posted by jasdou View Post
This is my highest status ever so I am kind of excited!
Congrats on E75k
mileageking is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 17, 7:00 pm
  #1833  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: YYZ
Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Posts: 5,222
Originally Posted by alc View Post
from my experience based in YYZ, 7 business days (see wiki) but I am already on day 9 on waiting for my E75K package.
Some people wait years :P
jc94 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 17, 10:09 am
  #1834  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC E50K *G
Posts: 46
So I qualified for E35 in early October and got to select my options. Subsequent boarding passes have stated E35k and have got Dom/TB lounge access with no problem. However, I still haven't received the package, and eupgrade credits have yet to show in my account. Thoughts? Is this expected behaviour, or should I be speaking with AC/Altitude customer service?

I am racking up the segments and should be E50k in a couple of weeks. I don't imagine AC is just waiting for me to qualify for E50k before sending the package/loading eup credits?

EDIT: AC says it may take over a month

Last edited by sz549; Oct 30, 17 at 10:39 am
sz549 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 17, 12:30 pm
  #1835  
alc
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,509
Originally Posted by sz549 View Post
So I qualified for E35 in early October and got to select my options. Subsequent boarding passes have stated E35k and have got Dom/TB lounge access with no problem. However, I still haven't received the package, and eupgrade credits have yet to show in my account. Thoughts? Is this expected behaviour, or should I be speaking with AC/Altitude customer service?

I am racking up the segments and should be E50k in a couple of weeks. I don't imagine AC is just waiting for me to qualify for E50k before sending the package/loading eup credits?

EDIT: AC says it may take over a month
eUpg credits should show up the next day, the day after the latest based on my own experience. For the package, I got my E35K and E50K in 7 business day after I select the Privilege. But I did select E75K on Oct 16, and I am still waiting for that package to arrive. I plan to select my SE100K tomorrow so my eUpgrade will expire in Feb. But I do expect them to post on Nov 1st or Nov 2nd the lastest.
alc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 17, 12:37 pm
  #1836  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Posts: 249
Originally Posted by sz549 View Post
So I qualified for E35 in early October and got to select my options. Subsequent boarding passes have stated E35k and have got Dom/TB lounge access with no problem. However, I still haven't received the package, and eupgrade credits have yet to show in my account. Thoughts? Is this expected behaviour, or should I be speaking with AC/Altitude customer service?

I am racking up the segments and should be E50k in a couple of weeks. I don't imagine AC is just waiting for me to qualify for E50k before sending the package/loading eup credits?

EDIT: AC says it may take over a month
Qualified and selected my options for SE100K on October 3rd. eU credits showed almost right away. Package arrived just today.
AleEat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 17, 1:50 pm
  #1837  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC E50K *G
Posts: 46
Thanks alc and aleEat. Looks like I'm out of luck. I'm coming up from no status at all, so maybe that's causing a delay? Anyway, I'll hold tight and wait.
sz549 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 17, 6:05 pm
  #1838  
alc
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,509
Check my mail on my way home from work and my E75K Package had arrived.

So, this time, it took 10 business / 2 full weeks. But I think I started to get a pattern, I always received the package on the 1st working day of the week.

E35K: select Fri Sep 29 / received Tue Oct 10 (the day after CDN Thanksgiving)
E50K: select Fri Oct 6 / received Mon Oct 16
E75K: select Mon Oct 16 / received Mon Oct 30

So, if I will predict for my SE100K package, since I will select it tomorrow, I will receive it Monday Nov 13.

sz549 - as I see you also based in YYZ, did you made your E35K selections before Oct 16?
alc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 17, 12:27 am
  #1839  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: YYZ
Programs: *G, AC E50K, Nexus, Amex Plat
Posts: 287
Originally Posted by sz549 View Post
Thanks alc and aleEat. Looks like I'm out of luck. I'm coming up from no status at all, so maybe that's causing a delay? Anyway, I'll hold tight and wait.
Originally Posted by alc View Post
Check my mail on my way home from work and my E75K Package had arrived.

So, this time, it took 10 business / 2 full weeks. But I think I started to get a pattern, I always received the package on the 1st working day of the week.

E35K: select Fri Sep 29 / received Tue Oct 10 (the day after CDN Thanksgiving)
E50K: select Fri Oct 6 / received Mon Oct 16
E75K: select Mon Oct 16 / received Mon Oct 30

So, if I will predict for my SE100K package, since I will select it tomorrow, I will receive it Monday Nov 13.

sz549 - as I see you also based in YYZ, did you made your E35K selections before Oct 16?
Very interesting.
I'm abroad right now, so hopefully by the time I get home on Nov 13th my package will be there.

Im in a similar boat to sz549 coming into new status from no status. \_(ツ)_/
yosemite1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 17, 7:36 am
  #1840  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Posts: 249
Originally Posted by alc View Post

So, if I will predict for my SE100K package, since I will select it tomorrow, I will receive it Monday Nov 13.
You did see my post that mine took 4 weeks less a day? Not sure if it has anything to do with the workload related to the early qualification rush.
AleEat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 17, 8:43 am
  #1841  
alc
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,509
Originally Posted by AleEat View Post
You did see my post that mine took 4 weeks less a day? Not sure if it has anything to do with the workload related to the early qualification rush.
Yes, I did read your respond.

I was just commenting base on my own experience during the last few weeks - which is that I will get the package on the 1st working day of the week after (i.e. for the week immediately following)

I could be totally wrong for my SE100K package and it could take months before I will get it and I will report back when I do get it.
alc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 17, 6:51 pm
  #1842  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Programs: AC Elite 35k
Posts: 9
Hey everyone, I got early recognition for E35k in late October and chose my select privileges on November 1st. My e-upgrade credits don't expire until Feb 2019, so I'm really glad I waited until November 1st! Thanks ALC for the great advice.

That being said, next week I will have enough AQM and AQD to hit E50k, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows what will happen at that point? I'm thinking it will be one of the following:

1) I get to choose my select privileges again next week since E50k has "choose 2" in the first bundle and more available options for 50k. I will also have the opportunity to get more e-upgrade credits again because I've hit the next level.
2) Because I already chose my E35k privileges on November 1st, I won't get E50k recognition nor will I get another chance to choose select privileges until January 2018, with changes taking effect on March 1st.
3) I won't get to choose my privileges again until 2018, but I will get recognition on my boarding pass and online as E50k from next week until Feb 2019.

I've never had status before this year, so I'm not sure. What do you think?
getoutside is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 17, 7:40 pm
  #1843  
alc
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,509
getoutside with the announcement that we will get to select our 2018 Privileges on Nov 15th, I think that does officially mean no more Early Status Recognition for 2017 benefits year any more. My guess for your situation will be you will become E50K during a sweep and then you will get to select your 2018 Privileges.
alc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 17, 3:23 am
  #1844  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: YYZ
Programs: *G, AC E50K, Nexus, Amex Plat
Posts: 287
Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
Hey everyone, I got early recognition for E35k in late October and chose my select privileges on November 1st. My e-upgrade credits don't expire until Feb 2019, so I'm really glad I waited until November 1st! Thanks ALC for the great advice.

That being said, next week I will have enough AQM and AQD to hit E50k, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows what will happen at that point? I'm thinking it will be one of the following:

1) I get to choose my select privileges again next week since E50k has "choose 2" in the first bundle and more available options for 50k. I will also have the opportunity to get more e-upgrade credits again because I've hit the next level.
2) Because I already chose my E35k privileges on November 1st, I won't get E50k recognition nor will I get another chance to choose select privileges until January 2018, with changes taking effect on March 1st.
3) I won't get to choose my privileges again until 2018, but I will get recognition on my boarding pass and online as E50k from next week until Feb 2019.

I've never had status before this year, so I'm not sure. What do you think?
Originally Posted by alc View Post
getoutside with the announcement that we will get to select our 2018 Privileges on Nov 15th, I think that does officially mean no more Early Status Recognition for 2017 benefits year any more. My guess for your situation will be you will become E50K during a sweep and then you will get to select your 2018 Privileges.

Hmm if I waited until Nov 1 would I have gotten more eupgrades and not the subsidized amount from early recognition? Kicking myself a bit now, not quite enough (or probably even close) to upgrade from Y to PY or J FRA > YYZ next week

I hit 50k on Dec 8th (or I guess a few days after that once they post).. so I guess I should use those eupgrade certs I have now before then? domestic upgrade I guess..
yosemite1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 17, 8:08 am
  #1845  
alc
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,509
Originally Posted by yosemite1 View Post
Hmm if I waited until Nov 1 would I have gotten more eupgrades and not the subsidized amount from early recognition? Kicking myself a bit now, not quite enough (or probably even close) to upgrade from Y to PY or J FRA > YYZ next week

I hit 50k on Dec 8th (or I guess a few days after that once they post).. so I guess I should use those eupgrade certs I have now before then? domestic upgrade I guess..
You are not getting more eUpg credits, it is just that those credits do not expire until Feb 2019, in stead of Feb 2018... so, no need to kick yourself

You should get to select your 2018 Privileges once they sweep your 2018 E50K qualification shortly after your Dec 8th flight(s) posted.
alc is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread