Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 19, 19, 11:20 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Wiki Link
2017 Altitude Status

Here are the Reduced eUpgrade Credits selection for Bundle 1 & Bundle 2 for each Early Status Recognition Altitude Status:
Code:
 E35K E50K
 Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10) Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 30)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10)
 
 E75K SE100K
 Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 40) Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 50)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 15) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20)
Package Received Timeframe:

E35K - 5 to 6 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E50K - 7 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E75K - 10 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E100K - 14 Business Days (Based in YVR)
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Sep 22, 17, 11:25 pm
  #1696  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: YYZ
Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Posts: 5,427
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Sweeps do not begin until after early recognition.

Barring some error, you will have the new status the day after the flights post, and you will be able to make your selections immediately.
However this is an AQD run. Is AQD reliably posting within 1-2 weeks yet?
jc94 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 17, 6:15 am
  #1697  
alc
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,511
Originally Posted by jc94 View Post
However this is an AQD run. Is AQD reliably posting within 1-2 weeks yet?
My flight from last Saturday just showing as "pending" today. All flights for Sunday and Monday are still blank. So, as jc94 indicate, it might be very close for TTC192Rocket to get the status just before Oct 15th.

And for myself, reading TTC192Rocket had myself concern for my own situation as my 75th AQS will actually be on Oct 15, so, it look like my plan for getting my wife with E35 or E50K (flying 95th AQS on Oct 23) will not be happening
alc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 17, 8:34 am
  #1698  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 2,411
Originally Posted by alc View Post
my plan for getting my wife with E35 or E50K (flying 95th AQS on Oct 23) will not be happening
Either send her on a few mileage runs or buy her a 6-month unlimited latitude flight pass.

Jokes aside, I used the nomination for my wife when I got early qual last year and she loved having the benefits when traveling with her friends. She still uses the old 2016 luggage tags.
Diabeetus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 17, 9:39 am
  #1699  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Toronto
Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Posts: 312
Thanks for the insight, jc94, and alc. Ugh, I forgot about the lengthy AQD posting times. I'm over the 75K AQM requirement, and it's just the AQD component I need.

AQD was introduced by AC, and they cannot even implement it quickly after all this time. Whenever I fly DL, by the time I land (or next day), my mileage has been credited already on its app.

Originally Posted by jc94 View Post
However this is an AQD run. Is AQD reliably posting within 1-2 weeks yet?
Originally Posted by alc View Post
My flight from last Saturday just showing as "pending" today. All flights for Sunday and Monday are still blank. So, as jc94 indicate, it might be very close for TTC192Rocket to get the status just before Oct 15th.
(
TTC192Rocket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 17, 5:58 am
  #1700  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: YYZ
Programs: *G, AC E50K, Nexus, Amex Plat
Posts: 287
So currently as of Oct 15 this year Iíll be at 23/35 booked segments (Iíve already hit the AQD for E35k).. my next set of flights are October 28th, Iím guessing Iím going to miss early recognition for E25k? Anything I can do about that (other than grabbing another flight?).

Also, would AC ever look at all the remaining flights booked for the rest of the year for early recognition even though they havenít been flown yet?
yosemite1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 17, 6:57 am
  #1701  
alc
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,511
Originally Posted by yosemite1 View Post
So currently as of Oct 15 this year Iíll be at 23/35 booked segments (Iíve already hit the AQD for E35k).. my next set of flights are October 28th, Iím guessing Iím going to miss early recognition for E25k? Anything I can do about that (other than grabbing another flight?).

Also, would AC ever look at all the remaining flights booked for the rest of the year for early recognition even though they havenít been flown yet?
There is no Early Recognition for P25K.

And no, AC never look at what someone had booked, as they can always cancel, no-show, change, etc..m

As others had indicated, there will be check for qualification after Oct 15 and you will get your status right away if it is E35K and above, just that you can't pick your 2017 package.
alc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 17, 9:29 pm
  #1702  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: xxx
Programs: yes
Posts: 60
Arrow Select Privileges E35K

Perhaps there is a better place to post this question, but I should be hitting E35K for the first time this year. Never really paid much attention to P25K...like most...as it was not worth paying attention to... But I am stumped about some of these 'select privileges' bundles. All you experts who have E100000000K status, please be kind to me.

First of all, what in the heck is an "aircanada.com Travel Option"? The description online seems very vague. Would you go with that or the MLL guest passes?

Guide this newbie into the light...
kylejaymes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 17, 10:20 pm
  #1703  
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: FRA / YEG
Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 11,467
Originally Posted by kylejaymes View Post
Perhaps there is a better place to post this question, but I should be hitting E35K for the first time this year. Never really paid much attention to P25K...like most...as it was not worth paying attention to... But I am stumped about some of these 'select privileges' bundles. All you experts who have E100000000K status, please be kind to me.

First of all, what in the heck is an "aircanada.com Travel Option"? The description online seems very vague. Would you go with that or the MLL guest passes?

Guide this newbie into the light...
"AC Travel Options" basically are codes that you can enter at time of booking that entitle you to an onboard snack (not sure about the exact value, maybe any item(s) up to $10?).

They're a PITA to use, so if you have potential use for MLL passes (even for family/friends) I'd probably go with that.
Jasper2009 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 17, 5:19 pm
  #1704  
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: FRA / YEG
Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 11,467
For those who have qualified early for a higher status level this year:

Did you retroactively receive the E/SE bonus miles for all flights taken earlier this year? (This is how it used to work, but just wanted to check whether this was still the case)
Jasper2009 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 17, 5:44 pm
  #1705  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Posts: 250
Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
For those who have qualified early for a higher status level this year:

Did you retroactively receive the E/SE bonus miles for all flights taken earlier this year? (This is how it used to work, but just wanted to check whether this was still the case)
This year I started with E35 and moved up to 50, 75 and, tomorrow, 100k. Thus far I have not received any retroactive bonus miles and would shocked if I did.
AleEat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 17, 9:23 pm
  #1706  
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Posts: 3,807
Air China posts AE credits within 24 hours. Air Canada takes many days. Go figure. The world efficiency is in China.
100,000miler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 17, 11:20 pm
  #1707  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 130
So I currently have E35K status for completing a challenge earlier this year, which is good till Feb 2018. I'm 4335 miles away from actually hitting 35K, and already passed the AQD requirement. If I get the 4335 miles would I get 35K status till Feb 2019?
Hellfire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 17, 11:33 pm
  #1708  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 29,144
Yes..
canadiancow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 17, 5:02 am
  #1709  
alc
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,511
Just made E35K and get to select my Privileges. I am not sure if the following had been posted somewhere already, but thought to post it again and also add a Wiki.

Here are the Reduce eUpgrade Credits selection for Bundle 1 & Bundle 2 for an Early Status Recognition E35K:

Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade credits (instead of 10)
Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade credits (instead of 20)
alc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 17, 6:31 am
  #1710  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 2,411
Originally Posted by alc View Post
Just made E35K and get to select my Privileges. I am not sure if the following had been posted somewhere already, but thought to post it again and also add a Wiki.

Here are the Reduce eUpgrade Credits selection for Bundle 1 & Bundle 2 for an Early Status Recognition E35K:

Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade credits (instead of 10)
Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade credits (instead of 20)
I did the all the early qualifications in 2016 and have updated the wiki as well.
Diabeetus is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread