Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:25 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Sweeps do not begin until after early recognition.

Barring some error, you will have the new status the day after the flights post, and you will be able to make your selections immediately.
However this is an AQD run. Is AQD reliably posting within 1-2 weeks yet?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:15 am
alc

Originally Posted by jc94
My flight from last Saturday just showing as "pending" today. All flights for Sunday and Monday are still blank. So, as jc94 indicate, it might be very close for TTC192Rocket to get the status just before Oct 15th.

And for myself, reading TTC192Rocket had myself concern for my own situation as my 75th AQS will actually be on Oct 15, so, it look like my plan for getting my wife with E35 or E50K (flying 95th AQS on Oct 23) will not be happening
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by alc
my plan for getting my wife with E35 or E50K (flying 95th AQS on Oct 23) will not be happening
Either send her on a few mileage runs or buy her a 6-month unlimited latitude flight pass.

Jokes aside, I used the nomination for my wife when I got early qual last year and she loved having the benefits when traveling with her friends. She still uses the old 2016 luggage tags.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Thanks for the insight, jc94, and alc. Ugh, I forgot about the lengthy AQD posting times. I'm over the 75K AQM requirement, and it's just the AQD component I need.

AQD was introduced by AC, and they cannot even implement it quickly after all this time. Whenever I fly DL, by the time I land (or next day), my mileage has been credited already on its app.

Originally Posted by jc94
Originally Posted by alc
My flight from last Saturday just showing as "pending" today. All flights for Sunday and Monday are still blank. So, as jc94 indicate, it might be very close for TTC192Rocket to get the status just before Oct 15th.
(
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:58 am

Programs: AC Black Card, Nexus
So currently as of Oct 15 this year I’ll be at 23/35 booked segments (I’ve already hit the AQD for E35k).. my next set of flights are October 28th, I’m guessing I’m going to miss early recognition for E25k? Anything I can do about that (other than grabbing another flight?).

Also, would AC ever look at all the remaining flights booked for the rest of the year for early recognition even though they haven’t been flown yet?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:57 am
alc

Originally Posted by yosemite1
So currently as of Oct 15 this year I’ll be at 23/35 booked segments (I’ve already hit the AQD for E35k).. my next set of flights are October 28th, I’m guessing I’m going to miss early recognition for E25k? Anything I can do about that (other than grabbing another flight?).

Also, would AC ever look at all the remaining flights booked for the rest of the year for early recognition even though they haven’t been flown yet?
There is no Early Recognition for P25K.

And no, AC never look at what someone had booked, as they can always cancel, no-show, change, etc..m

As others had indicated, there will be check for qualification after Oct 15 and you will get your status right away if it is E35K and above, just that you can't pick your 2017 package.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: yes
Arrow Select Privileges E35K

Perhaps there is a better place to post this question, but I should be hitting E35K for the first time this year. Never really paid much attention to P25K...like most...as it was not worth paying attention to... But I am stumped about some of these 'select privileges' bundles. All you experts who have E100000000K status, please be kind to me.

First of all, what in the heck is an "aircanada.com Travel Option"? The description online seems very vague. Would you go with that or the MLL guest passes?

Guide this newbie into the light...
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kylejaymes
Perhaps there is a better place to post this question, but I should be hitting E35K for the first time this year. Never really paid much attention to P25K...like most...as it was not worth paying attention to... But I am stumped about some of these 'select privileges' bundles. All you experts who have E100000000K status, please be kind to me.

First of all, what in the heck is an "aircanada.com Travel Option"? The description online seems very vague. Would you go with that or the MLL guest passes?

Guide this newbie into the light...
"AC Travel Options" basically are codes that you can enter at time of booking that entitle you to an onboard snack (not sure about the exact value, maybe any item(s) up to $10?).

They're a PITA to use, so if you have potential use for MLL passes (even for family/friends) I'd probably go with that.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
For those who have qualified early for a higher status level this year:

Did you retroactively receive the E/SE bonus miles for all flights taken earlier this year? (This is how it used to work, but just wanted to check whether this was still the case)
Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:44 pm

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
For those who have qualified early for a higher status level this year:

Did you retroactively receive the E/SE bonus miles for all flights taken earlier this year? (This is how it used to work, but just wanted to check whether this was still the case)
This year I started with E35 and moved up to 50, 75 and, tomorrow, 100k. Thus far I have not received any retroactive bonus miles and would shocked if I did.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:23 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Air China posts AE credits within 24 hours. Air Canada takes many days. Go figure. The world efficiency is in China.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:20 pm

So I currently have E35K status for completing a challenge earlier this year, which is good till Feb 2018. I'm 4335 miles away from actually hitting 35K, and already passed the AQD requirement. If I get the 4335 miles would I get 35K status till Feb 2019?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yes..
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:02 am
alc

Just made E35K and get to select my Privileges. I am not sure if the following had been posted somewhere already, but thought to post it again and also add a Wiki.

Here are the Reduce eUpgrade Credits selection for Bundle 1 & Bundle 2 for an Early Status Recognition E35K:

Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade credits (instead of 10)
Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade credits (instead of 20)
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by alc
Just made E35K and get to select my Privileges. I am not sure if the following had been posted somewhere already, but thought to post it again and also add a Wiki.

Here are the Reduce eUpgrade Credits selection for Bundle 1 & Bundle 2 for an Early Status Recognition E35K:

Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade credits (instead of 10)
Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade credits (instead of 20)
I did the all the early qualifications in 2016 and have updated the wiki as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.