Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 19, 19, 11:20 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Wiki Link
2017 Altitude Status

Here are the Reduced eUpgrade Credits selection for Bundle 1 & Bundle 2 for each Early Status Recognition Altitude Status:
Code:
 E35K E50K
 Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10) Bundle 1: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 30)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 10)
 
 E75K SE100K
 Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 40) Bundle 1: 10 eUpgrade (instead of 50)
 Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 15) Bundle 2: 5 eUpgrade (instead of 20)
Package Received Timeframe:

E35K - 5 to 6 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E50K - 7 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E75K - 10 Business Days (Based in YYZ)
E100K - 14 Business Days (Based in YVR)
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Jun 10, 17, 9:36 am
  #1636  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Programs: AC SE100K
Posts: 424
Looking for some input on when to receive the Early Recognition offer for SE100K. My account was updated 5 days ago showing me crossing the AQM and AQD requirements for SE100K, yet I still show as E75K and no offer via email or account has been shown to choose the SE100K benefits.

When crossing E35K, E50K and E75K earlier this year, the offers all came within 24hrs of the account being updated. For SE100K, I'm going on 6 days. AC says it takes "a few days" but I've got a flight on Monday.

Any suggestions?
YVRtoYYZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 17, 12:50 pm
  #1637  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 29,181
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ View Post
Looking for some input on when to receive the Early Recognition offer for SE100K. My account was updated 5 days ago showing me crossing the AQM and AQD requirements for SE100K, yet I still show as E75K and no offer via email or account has been shown to choose the SE100K benefits.

When crossing E35K, E50K and E75K earlier this year, the offers all came within 24hrs of the account being updated. For SE100K, I'm going on 6 days. AC says it takes "a few days" but I've got a flight on Monday.

Any suggestions?
Hmm. It was instant for SE last year.

Though I'm not sure there's much you can do but wait.
canadiancow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 17, 10:16 am
  #1638  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Posts: 250
Just moved up from E35 to E50 this morning and was invited to select my privileges. I didn't realize the the selections for upgrade credits were dramatically different than when selecting at the beginning of the year - i.e. 2 choices of 5 credits each - not 30 and 10.
AleEat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 17, 10:46 am
  #1639  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Programs: AC SE100K
Posts: 424
Originally Posted by AleEat View Post
Just moved up from E35 to E50 this morning and was invited to select my privileges. I didn't realize the the selections for upgrade credits were dramatically different than when selecting at the beginning of the year - i.e. 2 choices of 5 credits each - not 30 and 10.
Moving to E75K gives you 10+5 credits.

Can't comment on the move from E75K to SE100K because I'm still at 10 days+ of waiting for my Early Recognition offer.
YVRtoYYZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 17, 10:52 am
  #1640  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Posts: 250
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ View Post
Moving to E75K gives you 10+5 credits.

Can't comment on the move from E75K to SE100K because I'm still at 10 days+ of waiting for my Early Recognition offer.
Flew my 49, 50 and 51st segments Sunday - 1 posted yesterday, 2 this morning. Checked the Altitude site and the button to select my privileges was live.
AleEat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 17, 10:56 am
  #1641  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: YEG
Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Posts: 2,900
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ View Post
Moving to E75K gives you 10+5 credits.

Can't comment on the move from E75K to SE100K because I'm still at 10 days+ of waiting for my Early Recognition offer.
If you have the AQD plus (AQM or AQS) but don't see anything on the Altitude site by now, you should call in and have someone look at it.
YEG_SE4Life is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 17, 11:50 am
  #1642  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 29,181
Originally Posted by AleEat View Post
Just moved up from E35 to E50 this morning and was invited to select my privileges. I didn't realize the the selections for upgrade credits were dramatically different than when selecting at the beginning of the year - i.e. 2 choices of 5 credits each - not 30 and 10.
It's not different at all.

2017 E35K status lets you get 30 eUpgrade credits.
2017 E50K status lets you get 40 eUpgrade credits (i.e. 10 more than E35K).

You've earned E50K status, so you get 40 eUpgrade credits.
canadiancow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 17, 1:18 pm
  #1643  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Posts: 250
Talking

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
It's not different at all.

2017 E35K status lets you get 30 eUpgrade credits.
2017 E50K status lets you get 40 eUpgrade credits (i.e. 10 more than E35K).

You've earned E50K status, so you get 40 eUpgrade credits.
Yes, thank you, I get it. I was naive enough to think they were going to give me another 40.
AleEat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 17, 1:43 pm
  #1644  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 29,181
Originally Posted by AleEat View Post
Yes, thank you, I get it. I was naive enough to think they were going to give me another 40.
It worked that way when I went from E35K to E75K.

I ended up with so many credits that I think some expired. And I upgraded every low-Flex flight.

Clearly not what they wanted
canadiancow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 17, 6:15 pm
  #1645  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: YYZ
Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Posts: 5,432
Is this why early E35 gets you just 10? The difference from P25 even if you weren't P25? I thought it was all pro-rated?

As to not what they wanted ... how did this tie into your J only system? If it pushed you towards only buying (well, flying) J there's a point of view that it worked

Once you've flown J it's hard to go back
jc94 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 17, 7:09 pm
  #1646  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 29,181
Originally Posted by jc94 View Post
Is this why early E35 gets you just 10? The difference from P25 even if you weren't P25? I thought it was all pro-rated?

As to not what they wanted ... how did this tie into your J only system? If it pushed you towards only buying (well, flying) J there's a point of view that it worked

Once you've flown J it's hard to go back
My "J only" system means I'm not going to book a non-upgradeable fare. Not that I never buy Y.
canadiancow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 17, 3:45 pm
  #1647  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ View Post
Moving to E75K gives you 10+5 credits.

Can't comment on the move from E75K to SE100K because I'm still at 10 days+ of waiting for my Early Recognition offer.
Any luck with this? I'm waiting myself (albeit, only two days at this point).
echid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 17, 7:00 pm
  #1648  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Programs: AC SE100K
Posts: 424
Originally Posted by echid View Post
Any luck with this? I'm waiting myself (albeit, only two days at this point).
17 days between the qualifying flight and Early Recognition offer; 12 days from the time the AQM/AQD was posted to my account and when the Early Recognition offer was received.
YVRtoYYZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 17, 7:06 pm
  #1649  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Programs: AC SE100K
Posts: 424
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
It worked that way when I went from E35K to E75K.

I ended up with so many credits that I think some expired. And I upgraded every low-Flex flight.

Clearly not what they wanted
Flying in N. America with >10 eUps in Flex differs greatly from TPAC or TATL where it is <21 eUps in Flex/PE. I'm having to pick-and-choose which flights to eUp on in order not to run out of credits. And SE early recognition only gives 10+5 credits in Bundle 1 & 2.
YVRtoYYZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 17, 10:42 pm
  #1650  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 29,181
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ View Post
Flying in N. America with >10 eUps in Flex differs greatly from TPAC or TATL where it is <21 eUps in Flex/PE. I'm having to pick-and-choose which flights to eUp on in order not to run out of credits. And SE early recognition only gives 10+5 credits in Bundle 1 & 2.
I understand, but in 2013, it gave 70.

So if you went all the way from P25K to S100K, you had hundreds of credits.
canadiancow is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread