Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Old Nov 29, 2007, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by The Lev
Bonus miles follow the calendar year so you will get the 100% for Jan - Dec.
Excellent news! I wasn't expecting that.

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2007, 8:22 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by Shareholder
It is likely that benefit selection emails will start going out within the next two weeks to those who have crossed the requisite status thresholds by the end of this month. And once choices are made, kits start arriving shortly after the holidays. So while you may miss SE benefits during December, you're quite likely to have your new SE card by mid-January and your new status will appear January 1st when the 2007 numbers vanish.
I have 99,684 as of today and will cross over on 3rd od Dec. I also have a flight to Asia with a retrun January. Do you think I will have the SE status as of January?
Old Nov 30, 2007, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Silvercity
I have 99,684 as of today and will cross over on 3rd od Dec. I also have a flight to Asia with a retrun January. Do you think I will have the SE status as of January?
Shortly after your miles post you should see your status change on the AE web site from E to SE. when that happens, call AC reservations and have them remove and then re-input your AE number. Presto you will then appear on the manifest as SE. That could be very helpful if you are trying to upgrade to/from Asia.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 9:56 pm

Shortly after your miles post you should see your status change on the AE web site from E to SE. when that happens, call AC reservations and have them remove and then re-input your AE number. Presto you will then appear on the manifest as SE. That could be very helpful if you are trying to upgrade to/from Asia.
Thanks for the tip....As it is I am waitlisted on the return from HKG-YYZ for upgrade. I was hoping with having SE status I'll recieve higher priorty to get a seat upfront!^
Old Dec 3, 2007, 5:36 am

Programs: AC SE SQ Solitaire BA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
[QUOTE=The Lev;8817735]Shortly after your miles post you should see your status change on the AE web site from E to SE. when that happens, call AC reservations and have them remove and then re-input your AE number. Presto you will then appear on the manifest as SE. That could be very helpful if you are trying to upgrade to/from Asia.[/QUOTE

My friend crossed the Elite Threshold on 15th November but as of today still no note of Elite status on website. How long should this take?
Old Dec 3, 2007, 9:17 am

[QUOTE=neilmac;8828110]
Shortly after your miles post you should see your status change on the AE web site from E to SE. when that happens, call AC reservations and have them remove and then re-input your AE number. Presto you will then appear on the manifest as SE. That could be very helpful if you are trying to upgrade to/from Asia.[/QUOTE

My friend crossed the Elite Threshold on 15th November but as of today still no note of Elite status on website. How long should this take?
He will get an email mid December requesting him to choose his 2008 options. In mid January or early Feb he will have the "E" status for 2008 expiry Feb.22,09. The package will come in the mail shortly after
For SE aeroplan usally does a monthly sweep that sometimes provides E-SE instantly on the web.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 9:21 am

Programs: AC-SE, SPG-P
did you receive this?

[QUOTE=Silvercity;8828995]
Originally Posted by neilmac

He will get an email mid December requesting him to choose his 2008 options. In mid January or early Feb he will have the "E" status for 2008 expiry Feb.22,09. The package will come in the mail shortly after
For SE aeroplan usally does a monthly sweep that sometimes provides E-SE instantly on the web.
I crossed SE on Nov. 22 - jut curious if anyone else has received this "quasi-early" recognition. Maybe the sweep will be today as its the first business day after Dec. 1?

why do I let myself get my hopes up?
Old Dec 3, 2007, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadaeastRM
why do I let myself get my hopes up?
Don't! I crossed on Nov 15th, and got NADA so far.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 9:29 am

Programs: AC SE SQ Solitaire BA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
I guess he'll just have to be patient. Thanks for the replies.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am officially SE per website!

I wasn't this morning, but I am this afternoon!

I was sure I wasn't going to get it until January since I crossed the threshold on Nov 15th.

AWESOME! So what's the secret handshake?
Old Dec 3, 2007, 4:05 pm

[QUOTE=margarita girl;8830972]I wasn't this morning, but I am this afternoon!

I was sure I wasn't going to get it until January since I crossed the threshold on Nov 15th.

AWESOME! So what's the secret handshake? [/QUOTE

Amazing..After reading your qoute I logged in to Aeroplan and presto I am now showing SE status.
Futhermore I have not crossed 100K yet. I will in 3 days but I still have 99,864.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 6:06 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Logged in at 4pm today, nobody. Logged in at 7:45pm, elite

35,041 miles. Flew back from SYD on the 22nd of November.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 8:46 pm

Programs: AC-SE, SPG-P
All good here to! I always thought Black was a great colour for me!

Yay me!
Old Dec 3, 2007, 9:18 pm

[QUOTE=Silvercity;8831626]
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I wasn't this morning, but I am this afternoon!

AWESOME! So what's the secret handshake? [/QUOTE

Amazing..After reading your qoute I logged in to Aeroplan and presto I am now showing SE status.
Futhermore I have not crossed 100K yet. I will in 3 days but I still have 99,864.
Me too! I'm only at 93 segments, with 94 and 95 scheduled for this friday. I was not expecting to get SE this way at all, but I'll take it. I better make sure I take those flights to ensure that what AC giveth, AC does not taketh away.^
Old Dec 3, 2007, 11:05 pm

Programs: AC-E 2008 SPG-G Priority-Gold Marriott-Silver
Yep, logged in tonight to find Elite status even though I've haven't had all of my miles post. Technically I'm 363 miles short still. Checked my aeroplan registered e-mail address expecting some sort of congrats e-mail...but nothing.

I've also got 5 items next to the choice benefits:

2,500 Air Canada Status Mile Bonus*
4 Air Canada System-Wide Upgrade Certificates*
4 Air Canada North America Upgrade Certificates*
4 Maple Leaf/Arrivals Lounge One-Time Guest Passes*
2 Air Canada System-Wide Upgrade Certificates for Eligible Flight Pass Activities†*

-tcf

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.