Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The snobby ponce at LHR for AC on TV

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The snobby ponce at LHR for AC on TV

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2006, 1:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite BA Blue
The episode in question had a british explorer (I forget his name, Sir or Lord someone) and a group of people going of to to some charity exploration. When Kelvin offered the upgrade they did a draw to see who got the seat (including the main explorer guy).
Old May 22, 2006, 1:55 pm

Programs: Sans souci
Originally Posted by drwoodsy
The episode in question had a british explorer ...
That would have been Bounder of Adventure?

(Apologies to the non-Monty Python fans.)
Old May 22, 2006, 2:20 pm

I have seen that episode of AIRPORT. It is 5 years old and NOT Air Canada. It was Canadian Airlines. This CP employee was featured on a couple of episodes of AIRPORT. I do remember that each time he made a fool of himself.

Having said that, I also remember many other airlines featured on the same program especially British Airways, since it was filmed at LHR. At times the show highlighted airlines short-comings, over the top employees and angry pax putting on a show for the cameras. That makes for great reality TV!

I hope the OP will NOT let a tacky reality show influence his decision. If you want REAL opinions about AC from REAL pax then lurk around this forum there are many who will be more than welcome to share their AC experience.
Old May 22, 2006, 2:42 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by AnselmAdorne
That would have been Bounder of Adventure?

(Apologies to the non-Monty Python fans.)
apology accepted

Old May 23, 2006, 1:03 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by imverge
I have seen that episode of AIRPORT. It is 5 years old and NOT Air Canada. It was Canadian Airlines. This CP employee was featured on a couple of episodes of AIRPORT. I do remember that each time he made a fool of himself.
Are you sure about that?. I always thought Kelvin came across as very professional and courteous in each episode

Now there was a chap (ponce / pratt?) who worked for Aeroflot who did make a bit of a fool of himself. It paid off though as he became some sort of C-list TV presenter as a result of appearing on Airport.
Old May 23, 2006, 4:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by UncleDude
(in England they call a pimp a ponce)
No they don't.

1. A PONCE is not a homosexual

2. The common usage of the noun PONCE is equivalent to the usage of the adjective CAMP when describing manner, behaviour, flamboyancy, dress, etc of men, as in:

"Look at that ponce over there; those lilac and yellow trousers are the most camp item of clothing I've seen in weeks."
Old May 23, 2006, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by cattle
Kelvin is awesome ^^^
100% agree.

Originally Posted by cattle
stopped me and said something to the effect "Mr Cattle you handsome devil, I haven't seen you in ages, don 't run off so quick"

How could you not stop and talk after that
Wait a sec.. that's what he says to me...
I don't feel so special anymore
Old May 23, 2006, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by NordsFan
CP/CAI didn't have a problem with one of their employees having a recurring role on TV ? Fine. AC may actually believe that their concierges' time is better spent working the SE/J line and the LL, handling phone calls, meeting and greeting pax, helping out at the gate and doing a pre-departure tour of the J cabin on the 6-8-10 (whatever it is) daily flights AC operates at LHR.
AC is guilty of this too. There is a three-episode program called The Flight which makes it's rounds every so often on the Discovery Channel about AC flight 876 to FRA from a pilot's POV.
Old May 23, 2006, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by BOH
Are you sure about that?. I always thought Kelvin came across as very professional and courteous in each episode

Now there was a chap (ponce / pratt?) who worked for Aeroflot who did make a bit of a fool of himself. It paid off though as he became some sort of C-list TV presenter as a result of appearing on Airport.
I am pretty certain. This Kevin person he has a dark complextion and his hair is very very short. I guess I should clarify... he made a fool out of himself because he was just so "EXTRA"
Old May 23, 2006, 5:00 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Steve Fenton
Anyway my parents will go to canada this year and for sure I will make sure they dont waste their money on Biz class with AC thanks to this idiot.
Wow! A troll with over 2000 postings to his/her name! If there only was a "smilie" (or sound effect) for flushing...
Old May 23, 2006, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
Originally Posted by blue2002
Wow! A troll with over 2000 postings to his/her name! If there only was a "smilie" (or sound effect) for flushing...
And given that this is his 1st posting on the AE forum I recall, I doubt AC is boo-hooing the loss of his business
Old May 24, 2006, 8:46 am

Location: Winnipeg Canada, Cambridge England. CP - EP (R.I.P.) formerly AC-SE now lower than the lowest low.
I must also add my 2c that Kelvin is the best of the best when it comes to service. Last year when I flew to LHR after about a 4 year abscence, he still remembered me, and came and had a quick word, even though I am no longer elite.

I wish there were more like him. ^
Old May 24, 2006, 8:54 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Kelvin is about as far away from being a snob as anyone I know. He is someone who enjoys helping people, not looking down on them.
Old May 24, 2006, 8:45 pm

Programs: several
Kelvin has help me (us) on several occasions at LHR, includin a super tight TXL connection. Professional & courteous always & a nice guy.
Old May 24, 2006, 8:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Originally Posted by USA_flyer
FYI: it's an old term slang for homosexual.
No it isnt. A ponce is someone who brokers women of ill repute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.