Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

50% Q miles on Tango Plus fares to Carribean..when was this officially announced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50% Q miles on Tango Plus fares to Carribean..when was this officially announced?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2006, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AA, DL, HH, SPG
Angry 50% Q miles on Tango Plus fares to Carribean..when was this officially announced?

Was in Jamaica on business trip..flew YYZ-MBJ and returned via Kingston to Toronto ...upgraded in both directions and only got 50% status miles...when was this announced? Agents claim its new as of Jan 1 2006...[B]this is just another rip off from AC and Aeroplan to reduce accumulation on a higher paid fare that is not latitude...
Old Feb 15, 2006, 7:49 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Jamaica hasn't moved to the new fare structure yet - so how you got a Tango Plas fare for MBJ is beyond me.

https://www.aeroplan.com/en/collect/...sp#anchorlink2
Old Feb 15, 2006, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by nb27boyyul
Was in Jamaica on business trip..flew YYZ-MBJ and returned via Kingston to Toronto ...upgraded in both directions and only got 50% status miles...when was this announced? Agents claim its new as of Jan 1 2006...[B]this is just another rip off from AC and Aeroplan to reduce accumulation on a higher paid fare that is not latitude...
1) What was your fare class (no, I don't want names, I want the exact letter)?
2) How did you upgrade? With a cert? Op-up? Companion upgrade you?
3) Don't listen to agents because most of them know very little when it comes to the low-down-and-dirty rule details.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 9:07 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Only BDA, NAS, BGI, ANU, UVF, POS and CCS have moved to the new fare types. If you used a cert to UG, then you're entitled to 100%.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AA, DL, HH, SPG
Question Here is what was booked...

Originally Posted by yyznomad
1) What was your fare class (no, I don't want names, I want the exact letter)?
2) How did you upgrade? With a cert? Op-up? Companion upgrade you?
3) Don't listen to agents because most of them know very little when it comes to the low-down-and-dirty rule details.

Exact details:
28JAN06 AIR CANADA AC 982
From: TORONTO ON, CANADA TERMINAL 1 Departs:1100 Economy Confirmed
To: MONTEGO BAY, JAMAICA Arrives:1505 Fare basis: VLWAP21/DISC

03FEB06 AIR CANADA AC 985
From: KINGSTON MANLEY, JAMAICA Departs:1630 Economy Confirmed
To: TORONTO ON, CANADA TERMINAL 1 Arrives:2045 Fare basis: VLXAP21/DISC

So what does this mean...100% or 50%...let me know..I did upgrade in both directions...and pre-booked the upgrade through AC
Jay
Old Feb 16, 2006, 12:05 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Please send me a PM or email - I believe I know what the problem is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.