FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   AC website UK fare info inconsistency re MLL (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/524231-ac-website-uk-fare-info-inconsistency-re-mll.html)

zorn Feb 8, 2006 12:00 pm

AC website UK fare info inconsistency re MLL

This won't affect me personally, since I will have MLL access anyway for other reasons, but I couldn't help but notice the lounge access information about the new UK U fare ("Latitude Plus") when I made a booking just now.

If you click on "Show the fare rules" on the tabbed page with all the fare options for, say, YYZ-LHR-YYZ, you get the window with all those attractive people (frankly the ExecutiveFirst guy looks like a bit of a "talks loud on cellphone in lounge" type, but I digress) talking about how they like to get treated, along with a list of fare rules and extra benefits, such as lounge access. Here, ExecutiveFirst and Premium Economy specifically list lounge access as a benefit of those fares. Lounge access is not mentioned beside Latitude Plus.

Now, after you select the flight there is a statement of fare conditions. One of them is "Access to Maple Leaf" Lounges (in Canadian Airports only)." This is where you tick the box to indicate that you have read the fare rules.

What are AC's intentions here? It would seem that lounge access is a nice benefit they would want to highlight on the first pop-up window. If they don't want to give lounge access, it would tough to argue with a guest who printed out the second version of the fare rules along with the tick box and brought it to the lounge with a U boarding pass. Either way someone could get embarassed or worse.

Is it possible some website person cut-and-pasted some wrong information from the language used to describe the North American Latitude Plus fare information?

fly-yul Feb 8, 2006 6:23 pm

I don't think this error is limited to LHR alone.
When pricing out a flight to FLL in Lat+ the following text appears in the "rules and conditions" :

Priority check-in, boarding and baggage handling (in Canadian Airports only).
Access to Maple Leaf™ Lounges (in Canadian Airports only).

Seems silly to try to up-sell me to a lat+ on a US flight with a Canadian only benefit

Originally Posted by zorn
This won't affect me personally, since I will have MLL access anyway for other reasons, but I couldn't help but notice the lounge access information about the new UK U fare ("Latitude Plus") when I made a booking just now.

If you click on "Show the fare rules" on the tabbed page with all the fare options for, say, YYZ-LHR-YYZ, you get the window with all those attractive people (frankly the ExecutiveFirst guy looks like a bit of a "talks loud on cellphone in lounge" type, but I digress) talking about how they like to get treated, along with a list of fare rules and extra benefits, such as lounge access. Here, ExecutiveFirst and Premium Economy specifically list lounge access as a benefit of those fares. Lounge access is not mentioned beside Latitude Plus.

Now, after you select the flight there is a statement of fare conditions. One of them is "Access to Maple Leaf" Lounges (in Canadian Airports only)." This is where you tick the box to indicate that you have read the fare rules.

What are AC's intentions here? It would seem that lounge access is a nice benefit they would want to highlight on the first pop-up window. If they don't want to give lounge access, it would tough to argue with a guest who printed out the second version of the fare rules along with the tick box and brought it to the lounge with a U boarding pass. Either way someone could get embarassed or worse.

Is it possible some website person cut-and-pasted some wrong information from the language used to describe the North American Latitude Plus fare information?

ALW Feb 8, 2006 6:51 pm

But there's no MLL in FLL (or most other US airports).

=aw

Shareholder Feb 8, 2006 7:02 pm

L+ fares within Canada/NAmerica do permit MLL access at NAmerican MLLs. So while one would not get access to the LondonLounge at LHR, one would get access to the MLL at the Canadian airport from which you return to the UK. (I think AC's only non-NAmerican MLL is located at CDG as the LondonLounge is kind of a partial MLL.) The only US one left is at LAX.

antirealist Feb 8, 2006 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by ALW
But there's no MLL in FLL (or most other US airports).

=aw

But there is in LAX, and the same language is used. Surely it's just poorly worded and/or wrong, isn't it? I can't believe you'd get turned away from the LAX MLL, or the SAS lounge at LHR with a Lat+ BP.