Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

To Montreal's AC station managers , please read concerning your Gold check in area

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

To Montreal's AC station managers , please read concerning your Gold check in area

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2006, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down To Montreal's AC station managers , please read concerning your Gold check in area

I am sorry but i have to vent here, i've been and still am a super elite member for the past 6 years,i have some concerns in regards to your business class check in area in yul, all of them

Domestic Area-

The carpet that you folks use there has been there for the past 5 years if not more and always filthy looking, why can you NOT get new carpets? If you like i would personally get some for you cuz definetly you guys d'ont care about image issues, i wonder what your international passengers from abroad think.

Your super elite/elite line set up does not work,many times your se agent is not there or vice versa so the poor agent there is has confused has the folks in line,also the guy standing on the se line is just a prestige, you know what i mean? rarely do i see someone verifying card.

We pay a lot for this service and only feel like a SE..etc once we're in the MLL, why can you not make your business class check in area more welcoming, like the one in toronto,vancouver and rest of the world?

In other words, your check in area is very dull,lame and unwelcoming with it's confusing monitors ,i am not saying to engrave it in Gold but cmon decorate it a bit more ,have the ac boards at the back changed to star alliance gold and make it look like a business class check in and not just an extra counter of triangle area

Oh yes, your agents need to speak english, i am fed up with this french BS,i have nothing against french people however i do have the right for service in english.What i've realised is the men working there are always friendlier and way more proffessional

I am sorry for saying all this but i am sure many passengers will agree with me, ohh by the way WHY DO SOME OF YOUR QUEUE AGENTS SCREAM HAS IF THEY ARE IN THE JUNGLE, TAKING PASSENGERS OUT OF THE LINE AND ALL THAT MESS,,CAN THEY NOT BE MORE GENEROUS AND CALMER??
Old Feb 8, 2006, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You have been venting and yelling in all your posts -- how is this one different?
Old Feb 8, 2006, 2:05 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
YOWKid,

There is a simple solution to *A2005 issue, a troublesome troll.

Click on the trolls name and select view profile. When the profile name comes up then look to the right hand side of tghe page and click tghe ignore user button. When the troll appears to cause more trouble (he never responds, just dumps and leaves), the your FT experience will not be sullied by the poster.

Saying troll-go-away three times will not do the trick (this isn;'t Beetle Juice). The best way to get rid of a troll is to ignore him.

YEG Guy
Old Feb 8, 2006, 2:07 pm

Programs: AC - ACMM; LH - SEN
Originally Posted by StarAlliance2005
i have nothing against french people however i do have the right for service in english.What i've realised is the men working there are always friendlier and way more proffessional
But in another thread you called them clowns and said they don't know how to build things.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 2:22 pm

Get lost SA2005. Nobody wants to hear you or your stupid opinons.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 2:59 pm

Oh yes, your agents need to speak english, i am fed up with this french BS,i have nothing against french people however i do have the right for service in english.What i've realised is the men working there are always friendlier and way more proffessional
I must disagree with you on that one. Our staff is 100% billingual. And billingual in AC language mean English and French. Actually, more than half know a 3rd language, which makes YUL agents unique in my opinion (I know 3 and a half!).

In other words, your check in area is very dull,lame and unwelcoming with it's confusing monitors ,i am not saying to engrave it in Gold but cmon decorate it a bit more ,have the ac boards at the back changed to star alliance gold and make it look like a business class check in and not just an extra counter of triangle area
I don't think it's a great idea to change those ac boards because if we ever decide to move the J/SE counters, then they'll be more work involved with ADM which might not be as simple.
But on another note, I agree that some decoration should be added... so I will forward this to my station manager...

I am sorry for saying all this but i am sure many passengers will agree with me, ohh by the way WHY DO SOME OF YOUR QUEUE AGENTS SCREAM HAS IF THEY ARE IN THE JUNGLE, TAKING PASSENGERS OUT OF THE LINE AND ALL THAT MESS,,CAN THEY NOT BE MORE GENEROUS AND CALMER??
Well... I try to do it as profesionally as possible. However, if we don't scream out loud, the pax at the back of the queue won't hear us, therefore, when they show up at check-in and their flight is closed, they'll complain that we never made an annoucement, or that they didn't hear it.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 3:03 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
Stop criticizing French people trying to speak English when you can’t even spell!
I few lessons for you below from a French guy in YUL:

d'ont = don’t
definetly = definitely
english = English
proffessional = professional
french = French
realised = realized
has (not=to) as
Old Feb 8, 2006, 3:06 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, HHonors
Wink

Just a heads up,

realised is the british spelling, whereas realized is the North American spelling.

Just my two cents.

Sanosuke!
Old Feb 8, 2006, 3:13 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
Originally Posted by Sanosuke
Just a heads up,

realised is the british spelling, whereas realized is the North American spelling.

Just my two cents.
Sanosuke!
I know I know the « z » and « s » issue. It comes-up all the time when I write papers for international conferences. I’ll give him/her the benefit of the doubt on that one.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 7:01 pm

Programs: ACMM 50K, UA Platinum
While I agree with you that AC's Gold check in is a disaster - poorly staffed, and confusing in Domestic and often un-staffed in Transborder; I really think AC would be more interested in your opinion if you stayed on topic. Insulting Quebec and it's residents doesn't help matters.
1) The Domestic check in has separate lines for SE and J/Gold pax. The management of these lines is a joke and I can't figure out which line to use. I often wish I had gone to the regular check in line. I agree that improvements need to be made. Thank god, I almost always check in on-line.
2) On several occasions recently, the agent at the SE desk was very new and not trained or experienced enough to handle my situation. We had to call the concierge who sorted things out. Often E/SE travellers only need an agent's help when there is a problem as they are usually able to take care of themselves. The staff assigned to this desk should be able to handle unusual or "special" situations.
3) I have NEVER encountered an agent or AC employee who did not speak to me in English. In Quebec, it is customary for an AC employee to address you first in French. Just as an AC employee in TO will address you first in English. Would you expect an airline employee in Spain to address you first in English, rather than Spanish? You are simply lying about not being able to be served in your preferred language.
4) Can't say I've ever heard AC agents screaming, but this check in area is large and I can imagine that on a busy day, it might be necessary to raise your voice to address a long line.
5) On the s vs. z issue - Sorry, but as an employee of a US firm, I like reminding my colleagues that I'm Canadian by using British/European spelling. Who said z was North American? I think of it as American. Just like zed vs. zee and colour vs. color.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.