Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Funny PA Annoucements on your trip!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2006, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Hello all!
This thread is dedicated to our hard working AC flight attendants! As professional and curteous as they are, they sometimes might be original and crack a joke on the PA. Any funny annoucements you would like to share with us from your recent trip? (Either by a gate agent, or flight attendant).

Here's mine. On my way back from LHR 2 weeks ago, I was fortunate (as well as the other 250 pax onboard) to have a great crew serving us. Always smiling, polite, and they didn't hesitate interacting with the passengers. For example, during meal service in Y class, I was explaining to my seat mate the meal service we offer in our Executive First cabin. As the FA approached me, she overheard our conversation, and asked me "Sir would you like lobster or filet mignon?". For a split second I said to myself "wow, we've finally improved Y class meals!", but then I realised it was a joke . She laughed (and so did we),... but then back to reality. "Ehem, chicken or beef?".

Anyways, back to the topic on funny annoucements. After landing in Montreal, I had my digital camera open and was shooting a movie out the window while we taxied to the gate (yes I know, I'm a freak... don't forget, I love plane rides!). Here's the link, it's aroud 1:20 minute long... very short. The In-charge was great, and it showed that she loved her job! ^ Enjoy!

http://media.putfile.com/FA-annoucement
Old Feb 1, 2006, 6:25 pm

hahaha funny :P
Old Feb 1, 2006, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Upon Landing Hard...

Ladies and gentleman, that bump was not the pilot's fault, it was not the first officer's fault, it was the asphalt.

d.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 6:58 pm

Programs: AC *SE, UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
After our 'flight longer than 4 hours' from CDG to YYZ:

"As required by Transport Canada regulations, we'd like to remind you of the location of the emergency exits on this Boeing 767-300. Well, they're pretty much in the same place they were when we left Paris!"
Old Feb 1, 2006, 9:56 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, HHonors
Red face

Originally Posted by AC_boy

Anyways, back to the topic on funny annoucements. After landing in Montreal, I had my digital camera open and was shooting a movie out the window while we taxied to the gate (yes I know, I'm a freak... don't forget, I love plane rides!). Here's the link, it's aroud 1:20 minute long... very short. The In-charge was great, and it showed that she loved her job! ^ Enjoy!

http://media.putfile.com/FA-annoucement
Sorry to hijack this thread, but speaking of movies, heres one I made of the landing into Sydney on my birthday.

Landing in Sydney on a 767-300ER

You need DIVX 6.0 to play this clip. Very cool and surreal sights as you land into Sydney's Kingsford-Smith International Airport. And no it wasn't cold as it seems to look like - was about 26C outside!

Sanosuke!
Old Feb 1, 2006, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
TED flight DEN-LAS in March 2004, upon landing in LAS:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Las Vegas. Please be careful when opening the overhead bins because shift happens!"

I tell yeah I laughed so hard I could barely get off the flight. My stomach hurt so much that they had to carry me off on a stretcher. Even on the cab ride to the strip I was laughing. To this day I laugh at that joke. Hilarious!

Hardy har har
Old Feb 2, 2006, 7:37 am

Programs: EK-Skywards Gold / Delta Gold Medallion/E50K 1MM
Departing YEG for YZF, delayed at the gate for 30 minutes, the captain came on with the following announcement:

"Sorry for the delay this morning, but the machine they use to break the handles off the luggage is un-serviceable so they have to do it by hand which takes a little longer, we should be underway very soon"
Old Feb 2, 2006, 7:49 am

On WS, the only two PA jokes that make me smile:

"If you are travelling with children, or adults behaving like children, please remember to don your own mask first before assisting others"

"As you exit the aircraft, please remember to take all your personal belongings with you, including spouses and children"
Old Feb 2, 2006, 8:11 am

Programs: AC APE, AA
PA announcements

Heard on a Canadian Airlines flight many years ago. (Sigh):

"As the song says, there are 50 ways to leave your lover; however there are only 6 ways to leave a 737. 2 doors at the front, to overwing exits and 2 doors in the rear!"
When discussing the announcement with FA he said he had stopped including "You may also exit through any gaping holes in the fuselage".
Old Feb 2, 2006, 8:33 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by yyznomad
TED flight DEN-LAS in March 2004, upon landing in LAS:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Las Vegas. Please be careful when opening the overhead bins because shift happens!"

I tell yeah I laughed so hard I could barely get off the flight. My stomach hurt so much that they had to carry me off on a stretcher. Even on the cab ride to the strip I was laughing. To this day I laugh at that joke. Hilarious!

Hardy har har
You must LOVE flying on WS.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 8:50 am

Heard on United after landing at ORD last fall, a day after NW and Delta filed for Ch 11:

"Thank you for flying United Airlines. We know you have a choice of bankrupt carriers and we thank you for choosing ours."
Old Feb 2, 2006, 11:28 am

Programs: UA-Gold, AA-Plt, SPG-Gold(lifetime), Hertz-PC
As part of the welcome aboard annoncement on an AA flight leaving DFW last fall.....

"We have a special passenger onboard this evening. He's 90 years old and this is his first flight. Will everyone please join me in a round of applause to welcome aboard .... our pilot."
Old Feb 2, 2006, 11:31 am

On an AA flight DFW-YYC several years ago, the flight attendant did a similar thing with the meal selection only she was asking 'Spam or fish?"
Old Feb 2, 2006, 11:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by maplelift
Heard on United after landing at ORD last fall, a day after NW and Delta filed for Ch 11:

"Thank you for flying United Airlines. We know you have a choice of bankrupt carriers and we thank you for choosing ours."
That's funny.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 12:53 pm

During landing at FLL on Royal Airlines 6 years ago, the pilot comes on saying "Whooaaa big fella".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.