Lost and Found on Air Canada

Old Dec 29, 2005, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AnselmAdorne
That kind of thing restores your faith in humanity.
I wish somebody of your moral character finds my glasses . . . .

Good to hear that there are still some good people out there!
Old Dec 29, 2005, 9:54 pm

But that's it! Back seat you can't find your articles because you are playing Super Mario on my boy's game boy.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 6:44 am

Programs: SPG - Platinum, Hertz - 5 Star
Originally Posted by back seat
Cripes people - where is the support here

Hasn't ANYBODY got a good luck story to share . . . .

The part that really makes me sad is ALL my lost stuff has had name and phone numbers on it. Wish there are still some good people out there . . . .

I guess the moral of the story is double check and triple check the area around your seat.

Oh BTW - the YYZ Concierge has been wonderful. They went down to the gate as soon as I called, but the plane had already left the gate so either a groomer or another passenger has my glasses.

Tomorrow I head off to one of those 1 hour places to get replacement glasses as I bought a whole lot of reading material for my vacation.
Its good that you got to the concierges. A year or so ago on the early YYZ-LGA flight I left a very expensive Goretex jacket in the overhead. In the pocket of the jacket was an LED diving light and a VHF radio so all in all the item was worth well over $1000. I contacted the concierge immediately after realizing what I had done.....I was in a cab somewhere on FDR drive heading into Manhattan at the time.

The jacket was located later that day I'm told in YUL and the concierge there routed it to EWR the next day so I could pick it up before flying out again. All in all it was a pretty impressive move on AC's part and especially by the concierges to make this happen.

Hope you have a similar good experience!

DF
Old Dec 30, 2005, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AnselmAdorne
That kind of thing restores your faith in humanity.
Some humanity is flying around with a pair of BOSE QC 2 that clearly are identified as belonging to me.

I have been in the "people business" for 42 years and I have been privy to the sublime and the less sublime. I am not surprised that someone would keep what is clearly not theirs.... I am however saddened.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 3:57 am

Actually, I can, however from a different perspective.

In the past 3-4 years, my crew or I have found several different articles in seat pockets after deplaning, ranging from palm pilots to entire binders full of confidential reports. I always try to get an announcement made in the airport before passengers leave the terminal, but it rarely works because it takes so long to reach anybody who can make such an announcement

When this happens, I always take charge of the article, rather than bring it to lost and found, mainly because lost and found is usually located in obscure little offices outside of the security areas and my next flight time does not permit me to go there. When I find a phone number, I always call the person directly to arrange for a mutually convenient way for the customer to retrieve his or her possession. Other times when there is no identification,I have asked agents to help me retrieve passenger information based on the seat and flight number where it was found.
In most cases I have sent the articles by purolator, in some others when only an adress was available, I have sent it by mail with a note and my business card, with the assurance that all personal information I have used to return the articles have been destroyed and to ensure their peace of mind regarding privacy.
On some occasions it has been at my own personal expense. My employer will not reimburse me, taking the position that this is why lost and found exists. Indeed it is . However I still do this, because it seems to me that air travel is complicated enough, when it is in my power to make it a little better, I do so. Some of us are still hopeless idealists I guess

Of course it makes me feel good to know I did this, and will continue to do so. It would be nice , nevertheless, to receive a little acknowledegment.... Only once did someone see fit to send a thank you note...
Old Dec 31, 2005, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by airbus320
Some humanity is flying around with a pair of BOSE QC 2 that clearly are identified as belonging to me.

I have been in the "people business" for 42 years and I have been privy to the sublime and the less sublime. I am not surprised that someone would keep what is clearly not theirs.... I am however saddened.
When I saw the thread title, I actually thought of you, ab320
Old Dec 31, 2005, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by internationalgal

In the past 3-4 years, my crew or I have found several different articles in seat pockets after deplaning, ranging from palm pilots to entire binders full of confidential reports. I always try to get an announcement made in the airport before passengers leave the terminal, but it rarely works because it takes so long to reach anybody who can make such an announcement

When this happens, I always take charge of the article, rather than bring it to lost and found, mainly because lost and found is usually located in obscure little offices outside of the security areas and my next flight time does not permit me to go there. When I find a phone number, I always call the person directly to arrange for a mutually convenient way for the customer to retrieve his or her possession. Other times when there is no identification,I have asked agents to help me retrieve passenger information based on the seat and flight number where it was found.
In most cases I have sent the articles by purolator, in some others when only an adress was available, I have sent it by mail with a note and my business card, with the assurance that all personal information I have used to return the articles have been destroyed and to ensure their peace of mind regarding privacy.
On some occasions it has been at my own personal expense. My employer will not reimburse me, taking the position that this is why lost and found exists. Indeed it is . However I still do this, because it seems to me that air travel is complicated enough, when it is in my power to make it a little better, I do so. Some of us are still hopeless idealists I guess

Of course it makes me feel good to know I did this, and will continue to do so. It would be nice , nevertheless, to receive a little acknowledegment.... Only once did someone see fit to send a thank you note...
Based on this account I have deduced that you obviously don't work for AC
kidding

*ducks*

Old Dec 31, 2005, 7:31 am

Programs: Sans souci
... Some of us are still hopeless idealists I guess
Don't give it up! ^ ^

Thanks for the great post.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 3:56 pm

Yep, I have one now.

On Sunday I left my BOSE headphones, MP3 player, and assorted other goodies in the seat pocket. I didn't realize I'd forgotten them until Monday morning.

By the time I returned to the airport, airline staff had already begun trying to track me down. All of the items are now back in my possession.

It was a UA flight from LAX to SFO.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 3:58 pm

It occurs to me that on another long ago occaision, my Sony NC-20s were flown back from YOW where I left them to my home in YVR. CP concierges took care of it.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ken hAAmer
Yep, I have one now.

On Sunday I left my BOSE headphones, MP3 player, and assorted other goodies in the seat pocket. I didn't realize I'd forgotten them until Monday morning.

By the time I returned to the airport, airline staff had already begun trying to track me down. All of the items are now back in my possession.

It was a UA flight from LAX to SFO.
Happy to hear some good news in the lost and found department. The person who found my Bose QC2 in the seatpocket in J still has not returned them after a year.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 5:23 pm

Programs: Sans souci
Originally Posted by airbus320
The person who found my Bose QC2 in the seatpocket in J still has not returned them after a year.
Getting impatient, are you?

Seriously, though, that was a sad loss.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 6:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA, Delta, SPG Gold, Priority Club

Way to go Internationalgal! That's definitely going above and beyond.
When I used to fly, I did the same thing many times (except I used FedEx ). I never received a thank you note either.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

My old glasses still have not come back - even though my name was on them.

Argh!
Old Dec 20, 2006, 7:34 pm

Programs: ACMM 50K, UA Platinum
OK, I have one...
I was flying home from ORD and reached into my brief case to grab my lap top and do some work. Much to my horror, the computer was not there and I realized that I had left it at security. The minute I landed, I called the ORD concierge and reached the lovely A, who immediately went to the security office to see if she could retrieve my computer. I gave her my password and spoke to the security person and between us we convinced security to give my laptop to A. She then ran to the gate where the next flight to YUL was leaving shortly. She went on board to ask the crew if they would take my computer and deliver it to a concierge in YUL (I was arranging for that on my end).

But... while she was on board the plane, speaking with the FA, one of the passengers overheard the conversation and said, "does that computer belong to my friend K?". The concierge quickly called me on my cell and passed the phone to my friend who offered to bring my computer home for me. Amazing coincidence, but luckily my friend knew that I travelled YUL/ORD almost every week and that I have a bad habit of forgetting things! Computer was home safe and sound in within hours of leaving it at O'Hare!

Needless to say, I never leave the security area without double checking that I have EVERYTHING!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.