Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Sleight of hand tricks again! SSWU's are gone at 45K

Sleight of hand tricks again! SSWU's are gone at 45K

Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyzprincess
Correct me if I am wrong. I was under the imppression , Spirit of this Board is to express one 's opinion and not to buckle under to advertizer. Both WF & I are members of AP.
AC makes money from me in directly. Before someone posts you by your admittance do not fly AC metal, yes, but the *A I fly pay AC for my points.
So as a consumer you pays AC, I have rights just like you to express my opinion which happens to dissatisfaction with AC's FF program.
If that means pointing out AC FF program's warts by comparing it to its *A competitor I see no wrong.
My point is that I have no problem with ones opinion.I find it inappropriate to use the terminology written.
The owner of board has taken a very strong view of personal attacks of individuals.Seems we can attack corporations and get away with it
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:40 am

1. Why did AC/AE remove the SSWU from Elites at 45K but keep it for SEs?
To insure there were not cuts to benefits?
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:40 am

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by acysb87
My point is that I have no problem with ones opinion.I find it inappropriate to use the terminology written.
The owner of board has taken a very strong view of personal attacks of individuals.Seems we can attack corporations and get away with it

Unfortunatly, at least in the U.S., a 'corporation' is, in law, a 'legal' person.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:00 am

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Can you please point out the inappropiate terminology written.
The owner of the board was upset with a poster for continuous personal attacks & obsecene language & words in his posts.
Please point me to one of my post where I have used obscene language & words.
If you want I have a copy of one such post with the filthy obscene language that was used on this public forum by one poster.I would be please to PM you the copy.It is too filthy to be posted again on this forum.

If you extend your thought The owner of this board should take a strong stand all posters who use such terminology :"Aeroscam" or "Sleight of hand tricks again" to derscribe AC /AP's Practices. These you would call appropiate terminology.

Last edited by yyzprincess; Dec 23, 2005 at 11:35 am
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead

And this added to the conversation or answered my question how?

LOL I have no idea it was late ??? what can I say.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:35 am
Suspended

[QUOTE=acysb87]Perfect,IMO.Take it to another website. ^

QUOTE]

Some poeple dont have a choice of airlines because of the city they live in... Others DO... Also AC won't change if people continue to support a product that is cut every year.

You can continue to post the "perks" of the new AP program this year... it will be a short post. I will continue to remind people they can switch programs.
Sound like a good idea
Merry Christmas, and enjoy your present of "perks" from AC. I see it as a lump of coal.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, AG... you get the picture
Originally Posted by yyzprincess
If you extend your thought The owner of this board should take a strong stand all posters who use such terminology :"Aeroscam" or "Sleight of hand tricks again" to derscribe AC /AP's Practices. These you would call appropiate terminology.
I'm with yyzprincess. If anyone thinks any of the following words are offensive "sleight, "hand", "tricks" or "again", please PM with your request and i'll get my customer service department to consider it.

sleight - n.
1. A clever or skillful trick or deception; an artifice or stratagem

tricks - n.
1. An act or procedure intended to achieve an end by deceptive means.
2. A stupid, disgraceful, or childish act or performance.
3. A peculiar event with unexpected, often deceptive results
Old Dec 23, 2005, 12:33 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Cloud Lounger
No need to give the SSWU to Elites at 45k, because in all liklihood they will not be Elites in 2007.
That makes the most sense of anything suggested so far. I think it's pretty clear that E qualification will be increased to 50k in 2006 for 2007. Does anyone remember what date they announced the increased P qualification level last year?
Old Dec 23, 2005, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Unhappy

Shareholder and YYZprincess. Both of you Andrew works for AC and has nothing to do with AP! So slamming someone who helps us here... isnt nice??? and makes very little sense.

We are all pissed with the huge cuts to Aeroplan program but you need to send letters to Monty........ or Rupert....

Air Canada just gave "any flyer" upgrades for 1 flight package and stole the perks from its E and SE flyers....
Old Dec 23, 2005, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by why fly
Shareholder and YYZprincess. Both of you Andrew works for AC and has nothing to do with AP! So slamming someone who helps us here... isnt nice??? and makes very little sense.

We are all pissed with the huge cuts to Aeroplan program but you need to send letters to Monty........ or Rupert....

Air Canada just gave "any flyer" upgrades for 1 flight package and stole the perks from its E and SE flyers....
WF,
I know Andrew works for AC.I was just commenting that it was a smart business move on AC's part to hire Andrew.If there is one person on this board who knows what makes us tick it is Andrew.
Andrew having been on this side of the fence probably is an assest to us. He can lobbied the Marketing Gurus at AC/AP to consider the consequences for their actions.How far that will get him or us that is another question.
My comment " how long would take people to realize"; meaning the smart business move. on AC's part.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
So if Andrew isn't involved in this, then it just means that in spite of everything that has happened in restructuring the company, it is still the same old dysfunctional corporate entity! I find that hard to believe. So who makes the AC/AE elite tier decisions? Who's the brainiac that lets anyone with a Pass upgrade, but keeps screwing with I inventory and restricts elites from having the opportunity to upgrade? Who doesn't give a rat's ... if you've been "a loyal Aeroplan members since July 1984"!? (So what exactly is their definition of a "loyalty" program?)

If someone can post the name of the person at AC making these decisions, then I'll withdraw my statements about Andrew's involvement. But at the same time, if AC isn't using Andrew's many talents to make the tier program both balanced/cost-effective for them and better for members, then maybe Montie needs to be informed about how this "someone" is pissing off 60,000 elites with his/her changes to next year's tier program. And how AC is wasting Andrew's real talents and the contribution he could be making to the organization.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Originally Posted by Shareholder
maybe Montie needs to be informed about how this "someone" is pissing off 60,000 elites with his/her changes to next year's tier program.
What's your source of information for the 60,000 figure? (Or did you just make that up?)
Old Dec 23, 2005, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=why fly]
Perfect,IMO.Take it to another website. ^

QUOTE]

Some poeple dont have a choice of airlines because of the city they live in... Others DO... Also AC won't change if people continue to support a product that is cut every year.

You can continue to post the "perks" of the new AP program this year... it will be a short post. I will continue to remind people they can switch programs.
Sound like a good idea
Merry Christmas, and enjoy your present of "perks" from AC. I see it as a lump of coal.
Fair enough.
Merry Christmas
Old Dec 23, 2005, 2:08 pm

I am still waiting for you direct me to my posts where I used inappropriate teminology.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
So if Andrew isn't involved in this, then it just means that in spite of everything that has happened in restructuring the company, it is still the same old dysfunctional corporate entity! I find that hard to believe. So who makes the AC/AE elite tier decisions? Who's the brainiac that lets anyone with a Pass upgrade, but keeps screwing with I inventory and restricts elites from having the opportunity to upgrade? Who doesn't give a rat's ... if you've been "a loyal Aeroplan members since July 1984"!? (So what exactly is their definition of a "loyalty" program?)

If someone can post the name of the person at AC making these decisions, then I'll withdraw my statements about Andrew's involvement. But at the same time, if AC isn't using Andrew's many talents to make the tier program both balanced/cost-effective for them and better for members, then maybe Montie needs to be informed about how this "someone" is pissing off 60,000 elites with his/her changes to next year's tier program. And how AC is wasting Andrew's real talents and the contribution he could be making to the organization.
Be careful, I was flamed for expressing my dissatisfaction with AC/AP program. It was viewed as personal attacks onAC/AP.I would be very careful. You may be flamed for criticizing AC/AP. And using inappropiate terminology.Did you not know it is Against the T&C of AC Forum.
See below the flaming I receiveced from acysb87:
[QUOTE=acysb87]My point is that I have no problem with ones opinion.I find it inappropriate to use the terminology written.
The owner of board has taken a very strong view of personal attacks of individuals.Seems we can attack corporations and get away with it [/QUOTE]

I am still waiting for acysb87 back up his statement that I have been using inappropriate terminology.by pointing out the posts where i have used this terminology

Last edited by yyzprincess; Dec 23, 2005 at 2:28 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.