AC new interior part II!

Old Nov 11, 05, 8:57 pm

Maybe the 762's will be at the end of the upgrade line, and maybe retired by the time they get around to them.
Old Nov 11, 05, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by fromYYZ_flyer
Will every seat (or at least every group of 3-4) have some sort of power plug?
The word on the street is that they will. All the new embraers arriving have a power plug under every seat (kindof tricky to find the first time but you'll find it there, in the centre of each group of seats)
Old Nov 11, 05, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by AC A380
If you focus your eyes straight of the new economy seats, you would see a LCD TV. What is that for when you already have a PTV? Will it be installed in Economy?

AC A380
If I understand your question: The bulkhead/class divider passengers need a PTV too, surprised it would be as large as indicated.
Old Nov 11, 05, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by jimmac
When I look at the armrest between the two J seats Montie is sitting in I don't see how they can get 6 across on the 767-200 with seats and arms that wide. Does anyone know if this means going to 5 across on the 200's and an end to the Economy Plus crap they currently offer in those planes?
Take a look at the "cabin view" photo here:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/me...irst_exec.html
Old Nov 11, 05, 11:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I prefer a leather seat for all flights because they can keep them cleaner. Also I never use the footrests on the domestic J class... I find it uncomfortable. Wow the trays in Y look HUGE... but why we don't get meals any more.

Last edited by why fly; Nov 11, 05 at 11:47 pm
Old Nov 12, 05, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by robsawatsky
Take a look at the "cabin view" photo here:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/me...irst_exec.html
The cabin view is of international Executive First. I'm asking about J seats on the 'domestic' 762s they use in North America. Will the new seats for North American J be 5 a cross or 6 across on a 762 or will they ever be installed on 762s as questioned above? I'd love to know.
Old Nov 12, 05, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE MM, SD Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jimmac
The cabin view is of international Executive First. I'm asking about J seats on the 'domestic' 762s they use in North America. Will the new seats for North American J be 5 a cross or 6 across on a 762 or will they ever be installed on 762s as questioned above? I'd love to know.
The new domestic J seats look narrower than the SJ barcaloungers, so my bet is that if any of the 767 fleet gets "renewed" in domestic configuration they will be 6 across.

There was also a comment earleir about the Y seats looking like they are from an Embraer. I have not been on the Embraer yet, but I thoguht they are supposed to have leather seats. This seat cover is fabric, suggesting that it is in fact the seats destined for the larger aircraft. The photo has 2-abreast seating, so my guess is these seats are destined for the first 763 refit.
Old Nov 19, 05, 7:51 am

J headrests

Am I the only one who thinks that the headrests on the new international Executive First seats look pretty odd? There are no flaps to lean on, and it looks like my head will fall off the back of those little triangles!
Old Nov 19, 05, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
Originally Posted by why fly
Wow the trays in Y look HUGE... but why we don't get meals any more.
Huh, AC still serves hot meals on transcons operated as the extension of overseas flights, and that's where these aircraft will be used, so the trays will get used. And meals are always served in the back on overseas flights...
Old Nov 20, 05, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE MM, SD Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Huh, AC still serves hot meals on transcons operated as the extension of overseas flights, and that's where these aircraft will be used, so the trays will get used. And meals are always served in the back on overseas flights...
For the time being.

Search this Thread