Parts of T1

Old Nov 10, 05, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Parts of T1

Now that T1 has international gates, is there a seperate area where these are or do the INTL flights use any gate @ T1. Also, the baggage claim area is for all of T1 or is there a seperate section of the international arrivals?

Thanks very much
Old Nov 10, 05, 8:17 pm

International arrivals all go through customs so there is a seperate baggage area for that. As far as the international departures go I think the gates they are using for those are the ones that just opened but I am not 100% sure. Someone who has been through YYZ lately would know better than me.
Old Nov 10, 05, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
The baggage area for international flights has already been operating since the terminal opened and is partitioned from the domestic carousel area. There is a glass wall separation between the new gates about to open, and the domestic ones, but it does not appear to be otherwise set aside from the first operating wing.
Old Nov 10, 05, 8:41 pm

Programs: SPG - Platinum, Hertz - 5 Star
Originally Posted by Airliner89
Now that T1 has international gates, is there a seperate area where these are or do the INTL flights use any gate @ T1. Also, the baggage claim area is for all of T1 or is there a seperate section of the international arrivals?

Thanks very much
The International gates in T1 are the 5 newly opened gates on the South East side of the current pier. The baggage area for all international flights is on the South end of the airport, on the the otherside of the wall from the domestic baggage claim.

Eventually these gates will become domestic gates, when the new hammer pier opens late next year. IMO having the gates where they are currently is great for departures, because you no longer need to take the infield bus from gate 520, but the walk inbound is even more convoluted than the up, over and down in T3.

DF
Old Nov 11, 05, 6:58 am

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by Doc Fraud
but the walk inbound is even more convoluted than the up, over and down in T3.

DF
I agree. Returning from LHR last week it was quite a nice surprise to arrive at T1 instead of the IFT. But the walk from arrivals to customs was really quite ridiculous. Down, up, down, up, plus several dozen (it seemed) stupidly short moving sidewalks along the way.
Old Nov 11, 05, 9:03 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by RevvedUp
I agree. Returning from LHR last week it was quite a nice surprise to arrive at T1 instead of the IFT. But the walk from arrivals to customs was really quite ridiculous. Down, up, down, up, plus several dozen (it seemed) stupidly short moving sidewalks along the way.
Those side walks that are just big enough for one single file walking and a bag to follow are pointless! Then the lazyiest people in the world who can't seem to walk themselves, stand on these things.
Old Nov 11, 05, 9:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
The walk in T1 has to be the "longest" walk ever!!!!!!!!!! At least on my flight they had golf carts waiting for older folks.
Old Nov 11, 05, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by why fly
At least on my flight they had golf carts waiting for older folks like me.
LOL
Old Nov 11, 05, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by why fly
The walk in T1 has to be the "longest" walk ever!!!!!!!!!!
Longer than at T3 at LHR?

Search this Thread