FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   OT Global News story on Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/491939-ot-global-news-story-aeroplan.html)

AE4ME Nov 10, 2005 7:36 am

OT Global News story on Aeroplan

Anyone see the preview on the Global story on Aeroplan? The tag line was Loyalty program not so loyal. Anyone know the details of the story?

Cargoagent Nov 10, 2005 7:41 am

I'm sure it will be a totally unbiased look at Aeroplan as a loyalty program from the Canwest Media empire.

:rolleyes: :p ;) :td: :cool: :D :eek: :( :mad:

Where exactly do you find the "gagging" emoticon anyway?

AE4ME Nov 11, 2005 8:45 am

Link to story...

http://www.canada.com/search/story.h...a-f5a75c2a7cdf

why fly Nov 11, 2005 8:52 am

$150 seems resonable to move points??

Or I think it is??? It will be interesting to see what other FT people think.

airbus320 Nov 11, 2005 9:10 am

If Aeroplan was savy to public reaction, transfer of points in a deceased relative account should be made complimentary to the beneficary.

This is a sensative subject and a positive response could garner goodwill.

AE4ME Nov 11, 2005 9:30 am

Originally Posted by airbus320
If Aeroplan was savy to public reaction, transfer of points in a deceased relative account should be made complimentary to the beneficary.

I agree 100% with Airbus320...its so easy & inexpensive to do and it reflects positively on the program...why not

dky Nov 11, 2005 9:30 am

reporters can't do math?

When he died he had earned more than 110 thousand miles, enough to make seven return-trip flights to places like New York or Chicago.

I wonder when was the last time this reporter claimed an Aeroplan reward ticket? I don't think his math adds up...

RevvedUp Nov 11, 2005 9:36 am

Originally Posted by dky
When he died he had earned more than 110 thousand miles, enough to make seven return-trip flights to places like New York or Chicago.

I wonder when was the last time this reporter claimed an Aeroplan reward ticket? I don't think his math adds up...

7 x 15,000 (short haul reward) = 105,000. What's the problem?

imverge Nov 11, 2005 9:42 am

Aeroplan does not need the bad PR... drop the fee!!!

yyznomad Nov 11, 2005 9:46 am

Originally Posted by RevvedUp
7 x 15,000 (short haul reward) = 105,000. What's the problem?

Simple: dky only travels on D rewards :D

Z-man Nov 11, 2005 9:58 am

Originally Posted by airbus320

Agreed...drop the fee in favour of the good PR.

digitalmisanthrope Nov 11, 2005 10:03 am

Absolutely, drop the fee. This should be a no-brainer.

Shareholder Nov 11, 2005 1:15 pm

AE knows a cash cow when it sees one. Consider all us boomers who some day will pass on. Maybe a couple or million of us passing our AE accounts on so this could be worth a quarter billion $s over the next 30 years! But at least it's a flat rate, so us "big accounts" will get a break.

yyznomad Nov 11, 2005 1:18 pm

I can see it in the headlines once they allow for free posthumous transfers:

Wife kills husband for his million Aeroplan miles. <insert morbid laughter here> :eek: :D

(watch out, mtacchi!)

RevvedUp Nov 11, 2005 1:30 pm

As far as I know, there's no legal obligation to inform Aeroplan of the death of an account holder.

Just make sure your loved ones know your Aeroplan number and PIN, and they can book reward tickets for themselves using your account for years after your death. Seems like a no brainer to me.