Wiki Posts
Search

OT Global News story on Aeroplan

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2005, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I can see it in the headlines once they allow for free posthumous transfers:

Wife kills husband for his million Aeroplan miles. <insert morbid laughter here>

(watch out, mtacchi!)

hehehe..naw..she smart she'll just divorce me and take them like the last one
Old Nov 11, 2005, 5:09 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by RevvedUp
As far as I know, there's no legal obligation to inform Aeroplan of the death of an account holder.

Just make sure your loved ones know your Aeroplan number and PIN, and they can book reward tickets for themselves using your account for years after your death. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Except for the painful memory that resurfaces every time you do this.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 5:37 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Originally Posted by Braindrain
Except for the painful memory that resurfaces every time you do this.

Indeed, but there's nothing like "free" trips in J/D to places like BGI, CDG, FCO, etc. with a "close friend" to get closure on the mourning phase...

Last edited by NordsFan; Nov 11, 2005 at 5:40 pm
Old Nov 11, 2005, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RevvedUp
As far as I know, there's no legal obligation to inform Aeroplan of the death of an account holder.

Just make sure your loved ones know your Aeroplan number and PIN, and they can book reward tickets for themselves using your account for years after your death. Seems like a no brainer to me.
This was done by my extended family some years back, the account was kept alive until all the points were used.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.