Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing name on AP profile

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2005, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Changing name on AP profile

Is there a way, besides registering a new account to change the name on my aeroplan profile. My name is currently listed as MSTR (registered when I was 12) but I would like it to automatically show as MR so I do not have to change it manually whenever I make a booking.

Is this possible?
Thanks
Old Nov 8, 2005, 2:37 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
I think all you have to do is call them. It's not really a name change, just a title. Now if you'd wanted to switch to Ms....
Old Nov 8, 2005, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC 75K
I was able to change my profile from Chris to Christopher by calling them directly - it was done instantly.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 4:06 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
I also changed my first name from abbreviated to full version (matching passport) by calling in, post 9/11. No problems - I think when they can see that it is reasonable/logical, they just do it. I feared they would ask for paperwork, but nada - painless and quick.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 8:33 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E35K, *Silve, UA Premier Silver, Marriott Platinum, SPG Preferred Plus, a bunch of other
I had to change my Aeroplan profile from my used (middle) name - "steve" to my actual name - "sheldon" for the whole matching profile/security thing after 9/11. Was easy, but now my Amex Aeroplan CC also has to have my "new" name in order to link to my Aeroplan account.

I can always tell what credit card I have used to pay for something though, when they call me Sheldon it's the amex and when they call me Steve it's the mastercard. :-)
Old Nov 10, 2005, 10:53 pm

Programs: AC Elite
Originally Posted by fromYYZ_flyer
Is there a way, besides registering a new account to change the name on my aeroplan profile. My name is currently listed as MSTR (registered when I was 12) but I would like it to automatically show as MR so I do not have to change it manually whenever I make a booking.

Is this possible?
Thanks
I had this exact problem. Called AC and they changed MSTR to MR over the phone no problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.