Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

OT: 3 nights Pricelined this week @ Sheraton Wall Centre YVR, can anyone use them?

OT: 3 nights Pricelined this week @ Sheraton Wall Centre YVR, can anyone use them?

Old Nov 6, 2005, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, *A Gold, SPG Gold

Hey... I was supposed to be in Vancouver this week, and had Pricelined a room for 3 nights (Nov 9th - 12th) at the Sheraton Wall Centre.

However my credit card was stolen and now I won't have my new card before I leave on Tuesday, and as a result can't rent a car to get me from Seattle (where I'm flying to) to Vancouver.

I'm not sure what Priceline's rules are with regards to having other people check into the room, but if anyone has any use for this or wants to trade it for something let me know............

-mike
Old Nov 6, 2005, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by mikew44
Hey... I was supposed to be in Vancouver this week, and had Pricelined a room for 3 nights (Nov 9th - 12th) at the Sheraton Wall Centre.

However my credit card was stolen and now I won't have my new card before I leave on Tuesday, and as a result can't rent a car to get me from Seattle (where I'm flying to) to Vancouver.

I'm not sure what Priceline's rules are with regards to having other people check into the room, but if anyone has any use for this or wants to trade it for something let me know............

-mike
Can you add a second name to the reservation? If so, then there shouldn't be a problem as I do this quite often. The hotel seems to never care just as long as they can have a cc pre-authorized at check-in.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Mike,

PL may cancel room for you if you call and explain, otherwise you can call hotel and have 2nd name added directly. There is a bus from SEA to YVR that is dirt cheap and freuqent. DL is no reason not to come up.

M.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 3:21 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikew44
Have you tried requesting an emergency replacement card?:

For Visa, the number to call is +1 800 847-2911
For MasterCard, it's +1 800 307-730
Old Nov 6, 2005, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

The absolute fastest it can get to me is 2 business days, which means the card will be made tomorrow and couriered on Tuesday for me to receive it at any Royal Bank branch on Wednesday, which is when I arrive in Seattle at noon.

I talked to RBC to see if they can call Enterprise @ SEA, and have them authorize the account manually, then I can pick up the card in Vancouver and have it when I return the car, however they told me that the card itself has to be activated, and the account number can't be touched until the card is recieved. So no luck there....

I am aware of the QuickShuttle, however it does not work best with my schedule and as well I will need a car once in Vancouver. That combined with the fact I don't trust the Royal Bank to do anything right (as per usual) it might just be easier to come another time...

-mike
Old Nov 6, 2005, 4:08 pm

Talking

there is a branch of the royal bank at the yvr airpot.So you can call and asked them to courier there. and with the credit card activated right there rent the car from the airport. look on yvr.com and may show their working hours of the royal bank.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA, HHilton, Starwood
Just a tip : Always worthwhile to have a second or third credit card/debit card handy for cases such as this.

I have heard of travellers having their credit card cancelled while abroad since they never told the cc company they were travelling....or a particular cc doesn't work at a specific location. etc etc

Good luck though !!
Old Nov 6, 2005, 9:08 pm

Location: Based in London but away ~4 months a year, often in Bali
Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by FrankFlyer
Just a tip : Always worthwhile to have a second or third credit card/debit card handy for cases such as this.

I have heard of travellers having their credit card cancelled while abroad since they never told the cc company they were travelling....or a particular cc doesn't work at a specific location. etc etc

Good luck though !!
Of course it's always easier to learn this lesson after you'd been burnt

Good luck to the OP!
Old Nov 8, 2005, 10:36 am
Original Poster

I guess I shouldn't have cancelled my other cards when I got my RBC Avion card.

Anyways I got Continental to change my flights (no fees!) so I will be able to use the QuickShuttle to get from SEA to YVR.

So hopefully all is well and my new card is being sent to the main RBC branch in Vancouver.

The only problem I can see it that I don't have a credit card to check in to the hotel. I can't see this as being a huge problem as the room is prepaid, and as well I will have the card for them to authorize the following day.

thanks for all your help

-mike
Old Nov 8, 2005, 12:38 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I will be staying at the Sheraton Wall Centre with my guest from out of town Friday 11 November. Might see you there!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.