Wiki Posts
Search

"Service" on Jazz flights? HA!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:49 am
Original Poster

"Service" on Jazz flights? HA!

What is it with Jazz?

It seems that they never come out with a bar cart anymore. I know the flights are shorter, but I have MANY times been on UA Express and seen a full service on equally timed flights.

On a 55 minute YVR-YLW flight: water, juice (pre-packed), coffee. 75% full DHC3

On a 45 minute YVR-SEA flight water, juice (pre-packed). 10% full DHC3

If anyone understands the job, I do....but c'mon.

A passenger in front of me asked for a cognac, and the flight attendant laughed......
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Um, I've been on UA Express many times and the service quality is no different -- water, juice, pop, peanuts...

I don't recall seeing booze on UAE... Then again, admittedly, I never asked for booze.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YOWkid
Um, I've been on UA Express many times and the service quality is no different -- water, juice, pop, peanuts...

I don't recall seeing booze on UAE... Then again, admittedly, I never asked for booze.

YEP. They've got it. I just think if it is your only option on a route....YVR-Yellowknife, etc.....the service should be comparable to AC's product.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by YOWkid

I was on a UA EB170 plane and they served booze... PS its a really nice RJ.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Not sure what you're talking about... I've done puddle jumper 45 min to 1 hr flights (oh, like a couple hundred...) on DH1's and DH3's on Jazz and always had a drink cart come around.

Originally Posted by ClipperClub
What is it with Jazz?

It seems that they never come out with a bar cart anymore. I know the flights are shorter, but I have MANY times been on UA Express and seen a full service on equally timed flights.

A passenger in front of me asked for a cognac, and the flight attendant laughed......
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Not sure what you're talking about... I've done puddle jumper 45 min to 1 hr flights (oh, like a couple hundred...) on DH1's and DH3's on Jazz and always had a drink cart come around.
I think OP means alcoholic drinks.

I don't understand why the drinks they serve are so limited. I saw a can of tomato juice in the cart on YVR-YLW the other day, but the FA wouldn't give it to me--OJ, AJ or water only.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 1:03 pm

On each route AC has determined what will be served and what will not and the flight attendant must stick to it. Otherwise there would be complaints of inconsistency where one time on a route you got tomato juice but the next time you did not.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 1:03 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
I've always wondered why they bother providing any sort of food or beverage service on a sub 1 hour flight.

IMO, it is an unnecessary waste of time and expense.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ClipperClub
What is it with Jazz?

I bought jimmac a small bottle of red wine on a recent evening Jazz flight.

There was another recent flight where the GA announced that there was likely to be a lot of turbulence on the flight.She suggested that if we wanted any beverages,we purchase at YSB.There was not going to be any inflight service.
YXU ,usually a half hour flight from YYZ,serves only non-alcoholic beverages,IIRC.

There do seem to be differences.

As to taupos comments,we have winter in Ontario. It happens.There can be times where there is a 2 hour flight (runway plowing,de-icng,delays...) and a beverage service is much appreciated,IMO.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by taupo
I've always wondered why they bother providing any sort of food or beverage service on a sub 1 hour flight.

IMO, it is an unnecessary waste of time and expense.
Well how about a coffee or water? something fast...
Old Oct 10, 2005, 1:55 pm

Programs: AC Elite
SEA-YVR never had anything else but the snacks, juice, and water, in the two years I've been flying that route.

YYZ-YAM always had a cart. It's just the service they put on the route.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 3:42 pm

[QUOTE=acysb87]I bought jimmac a small bottle of red wine on a recent evening Jazz flight.

Calling that stuff red wine is being charitable but it was very kind of you.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=jimmac]
Originally Posted by acysb87
I bought jimmac a small bottle of red wine on a recent evening Jazz flight.

Calling that stuff red wine is being charitable but it was very kind of you.
heh,you didn't say anything until after the bottle was empty.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 5:37 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by Ace Cdn
On each route AC has determined what will be served and what will not and the flight attendant must stick to it.
Ah. It would've been nice if the FA had told me that, instead of just mutely shaking her head.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ylwae
Ah. It would've been nice if the FA had told me that, instead of just mutely shaking her head.
I don't think the FA would even know that though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.