New Hilton blitz Gold VIP status?

Old Sep 24, 2005, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, UA PE, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
New Hilton blitz Gold VIP status?

I just got an invitation from Hilton Honors to receive Gold VIP status until 04/2007 and 50K bonus points promotion (5K for first stay, 10K for 2nd, 15K for 3rd and 20K for the 4th stay). It seems UA and AA members are also receiving this promotion. Anyone else on this board has recieved the same thing?
Old Sep 25, 2005, 2:17 am
Suspended

Not me, but I would take it.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 2:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Originally Posted by aaac
I just got an invitation from Hilton Honors to receive Gold VIP status until 04/2007 and 50K bonus points promotion (5K for first stay, 10K for 2nd, 15K for 3rd and 20K for the 4th stay). It seems UA and AA members are also receiving this promotion. Anyone else on this board has recieved the same thing?
Yes I did but I am having problems activating it online. I'll have to have another try.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 3:11 am
Suspended

Can you post a link?
Old Sep 25, 2005, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by mtacchi
Can you post a link?
www.hiltonhhonors.com/goldvip
Old Sep 25, 2005, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Yukonprince
Yes I did but I am having problems activating it online. I'll have to have another try.
Did try again and it worked.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 7:50 am

Can you post the code you need to sign up for the reward. Some-one on FT posted one a couple of years ago for exactly this promotion and even people who didn't receive the invite but were HH members were able to call and sign up. I was happy to take the 50,000 points. Maybe it can work again.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 8:11 am

Programs: AC S100K
Tried the link as posted but keep getting invalid account number.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 8:32 am

Programs: AC*SE, CX DM, HH DM, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, PC PL
Awesome. Can someone post the text from the invitation? Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 25, 2005, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I tried as well and keep getting an invalid card number. But when I called I was told to try beginning of October
Old Sep 25, 2005, 8:59 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Got invalid account number message. I'll try again on oct 1st..anyway, I don't have any stay booked for this coming week so I can wait an extra week..
Old Sep 25, 2005, 9:40 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Good find - now that I have SPG Gold (But will be too far away from Platinum this year), maybe its time for some HHonors play.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 9:43 am

Got it as well and I don't even have status!
Unlike last time, it seems each user has a specific Hilton Honors Account number and PIN they enter on the above site with my personal information pre-filled. Unlike the previous campaigns for instant Gold, Hilton obviously learned their lesson not too give out a blanket code for anyone to use.

I have no idea why I was targeted, my Hilton stays are usually via Priceline and my AP miles have dwindled considerably as I've diversified to other programs while AP slowly makes their program worthless.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, UA PE, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by greywolf
Awesome. Can someone post the text from the invitation? Thanks in advance!
Dear XXXX,
Your Aeroplan membership distinguishes you as a valued traveller. Now, we would like to offer you the opportunity to expand your world of recognition as an Elite member of Hilton HHonors. Hilton Honors is a bla bla bla....

An exclusive Hilton HHonors Gold VIP invitation, just for you. Accept your membership into Hilton HHonors and receive Gold VIP status valid through April 2007 with priviledges like upgraded accomodations/amenities, additional point bonuses and more, We have waived our normal 16-stay or 36-night per consecutive 12-months period requirements so you enjoy this pretigious status immediately.

Earn up to 5 free nights! bla bla bla. Just complete your next four qualifying stays at a participating Hilton Family hotel between September 15, 2005 and January 31, 2006. You wil earn 5,000 HHonors bonus points for your first stay, 10,000 for your second stay, 15,000 for your 3rd stay and 20,000 for your fourth stay.

Please activate your Gold VIP membership today bla bla bla

Come with this invitation is a HHonor Gold VIP card and a temporary PIN.

That's all folks!!
Old Sep 25, 2005, 11:09 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
so it looks like you need that temporary pin number which is on that letter you received...?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.