Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

When you mail in boarding passes, how long does it take to have the miles credited?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When you mail in boarding passes, how long does it take to have the miles credited?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2005, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage, Flying Blue, TrueBlue

When you mail in boarding passes because for instance you forgot to show your AP card or something, how long does it usually take before the miles are posted to you account?

I called the AP center and the lady said that sometimes it might even take several months.

Any experiences?

Thank you!
Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:03 am

In July I mailed my boarding pass/documents to receive missing AP miles... It took 6 weeks for credit...
Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:16 am

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
I've just called them up and given them my ticket number, that seemed to be enough and it was credited right away over the phone.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:31 am
Gaz

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Gold
I just had to mail in some partner credits that didn't show as AC wouldn't do it over email or phone and I just know it's going to be a nightmare... I'll get a letter back saying "Sorry, we couldn't add these because..." then I'll need to write back explaining again and providing the same info again, etc etc.

It's a joke that you the only way to request credit is by actual letter... I had a six months dialouge with Mileage Plus once over credits for a flight where I was involuntarily diverted on Catchy Pacific, and we just kept going backwards and forwards - with each exchange taking about a month due to international post. In the end after about six months and countless letters I just gave up.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by shore9
I've just called them up and given them my ticket number, that seemed to be enough and it was credited right away over the phone.
It probably was because your flight was with AC and they have access to passenger info etc... My flight was with BM. The strange thing was my AC ticket was from YYZ>LHR>MAD I was credited with YYZ>LHR portion but not the LHR>MAD. On both the outbound and return!
Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:45 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
The request for credit on AC or Star Alliance member airlines can be sent by email (directly, for SEs, and through the "contact us" section of Aeroplan web site, for all others). In the past few years, using both mechanisms, I have usually received an electronic response within 2 working days, and the miles generally credit within 24 hours after receipt of the response.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:49 am
Gaz

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
The request for credit on AC or Star Alliance member airlines can be sent by email (directly, for SEs, and through the "contact us" section of Aeroplan web site, for all others). In the past few years, using both mechanisms, I have usually received an electronic response within 2 working days, and the miles generally credit within 24 hours after receipt of the response.
I tried this and gave them all the info (ticket number, seat number, as well as the usual stuff) and got a standard email back saying you need to post your passes to us
Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:49 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
I had to send several LH BPs and it took about 4 to 5 weeks for the credit to appear. I was using the mail, not knowing about the electronic way.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The longest time I have experienced is six weeks for missing credits to post to my account.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:54 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Platinum
The online system has failed me twice now (both AC operated flights).
Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I have never had a problem, usually within 2 weeks of me sending the registered letter all mileage is posted promptly. ^
Old Sep 21, 2005, 2:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Gaz
I tried this and gave them all the info (ticket number, seat number, as well as the usual stuff) and got a standard email back saying you need to post your passes to us
I am quite surprised at the response you received - emails have always worked for me. I can not explain it.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 2:49 pm
Gaz

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I am quite surprised at the response you received - emails have always worked for me. I can not explain it.
Could be an SE vs E thing, could be them tightening up, could be that they tried to find my booking on the system but couldn't... who knows. For the record here's their response...

Originally Posted by AC
Dear Mr. Gaz:

Thank you for your e-mail. Please accept our apologies for this late reply.

For your reference, missing mileage requests cannot be handled via email. To claim your missing mileage, please send your ticket copy and original boarding passes to:

Aeroplan Centre
P.O. Box 7737 – Station Terminal
Vancouver, B.C.
V6B 5W9

For more details, please consult the following page in our website:

https://www.aeroplan.com/en/account/...sing_miles.jsp

Your patience and cooperation are appreciated.

Regards,

Marc Brunet
Aeroplan - Customer Service Representative
www.aeroplan.com
Old Sep 21, 2005, 3:25 pm

Programs: A3 G, SPG, Fairmount
Online has worked only 50% of the time for me. Usually what does not post with the online is due to a multicarrier tkt or if a flight was cancelled. *A points that don't post automatically have to be mailed in. It usually takes three to four weeks for these to post in my experience.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 3:44 pm

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
Tried the online mile recredit link four separate times (https://www.aeroplan.com/servlet/cntrl/rcCollectInfo) and it did what it said - "miles credited within 48 hours".

When recrediting by snail mail, it took 4-5 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.