Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Tango Plus Fare Drop - Refund or Credit?

Question: Tango Plus Fare Drop - Refund or Credit?

Old Jul 3, 2009, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Tango Plus Fare Drop - Refund or Credit?

I booked 4 tickets in Tango Plus a couple months ago. The fare has now decreased $71 / ticket. What is the AC policy? Is it worth calling for anything? Thanks for the info. I haven't been able to find the relevant policy online.

D
Old Jul 3, 2009, 3:09 pm

Programs: A Few
AC does not operate like some US carriers you must be familiar with. There is no refund or credit for a price drop...unless you are on a fully refundable fare which T+ is not.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Even US carriers have tightened up on such rebates. UA will now only do it if the fare drops more the U$150 because that's now what they charge to make the change. Very sneaky way around what previously had been a no-charge benefit.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info

Ok ... that makes sense. It looks like my fare contract is $50 for changes. I may call and see if I can get back the $21/person after the change fee.

Thanks for the feedback.
D
Old Jul 3, 2009, 3:31 pm

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by theorbo
Ok ... that makes sense. It looks like my fare contract is $50 for changes. I may call and see if I can get back the $21/person after the change fee.

Thanks for the feedback.
D
Give it a try, but I think you'll run into $50 to make a change plus applicable fare difference...and NO refund for fare decreases.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 8:10 pm

Programs: 50K
They thought around cancelling and rebuying if i recall correctly. I might be mistaken, but I think when I asked last year, if you choose to go that route, you would get a credit of whatever you paid minus the change fees for cancelling your tickets. Then you can use that credit for 1 purchase, so if you use it to rebuy your ticket at a lower price, you still forfeit the extra portion to the credit you would have saved anyways.

You'd have to pay again and then use the credit on another flight later on to take advantage of the diff? Or buy more junk like BOB or Lounge Access or an extra passenger.

Last edited by gosamburu; Jul 3, 2009 at 8:19 pm
Old Jul 3, 2009, 8:17 pm

WAIT A SEC

Didn't AC implement a low fare guarantee recently? Is this not covered?
Old Jul 3, 2009, 8:20 pm

Programs: 50K
the low fare guarantee only applies within 24 hr of purchase.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 3:22 am

a buddy told me that AC is going belly up, is this true?

with recent low prices, it seems they want to get as much money as possible then maybe run away?
Old Jul 5, 2009, 6:30 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by abcdef811

with recent low prices, it seems they want to get as much money as possible then maybe run away?
It's probably a little more complicated than that and it's unlikely that they'll fold. It's not like a charter airline that could suddenly shut down overnight.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by abcdef811

Do you believe everything your buddy tells you. Such stupid recountings based on idle gossip doesn't deserve to be taken seriously, nor does it have much relevance to this thread. As Academic notes, it's a bit more complicated than your characterization (or your friend's), and in this respect AC is just one among most of NAmerica's airlines at the moment.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 5:13 pm

my understanding with T+ is that if the fare drops within 24 hours, u can request refund and rebook it yourself.....

they only match prices with external travel agents/websites for the same flight within 24 hours plus $50 cashback per pax. Terms and details are here:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...tee/index.html

because most airlines these days utilize a yield management system to determine supply & demand for its fares, prices can go up or down...so there would be no guarentee after 24 hours...... otherwise everyone would request refund for the difference, not make money and in turn have AC go flat fare instead.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.