Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Thinking about flying AC for the first time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thinking about flying AC for the first time

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2005, 1:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
If you like to connect and also experience AC service, you can go on UA to ORD (and perhaps Dulles, as well?), and then UA codeshared on AC from either ORD or Dulles to YYZ.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by taupo
I guess it all comes down to one's definition of fun. I find nothing fun about ckin, security, departure areas, security again (sometimes), boarding, sitting on a plane (any plane), following way too many rules, having far too many rules being told to you, then getting off at the other end.
I guess I just like pain then .

Being on a cramped Dash 8 or CRJ just makes it worse.
You are one tall dude... I hate the CRJ and would rather sit on a DH1... for some silly reason, I actually feel much more comfortable on the DHs.

Whenever they invest the "beam me up Scotty", I will be one of the first customers
May Scotty R.I.P.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 8:19 pm
B1

Dash 8's are better today

AC has installed noise-neutralizing hardware and insulation that make the Dash-8 about as quiet as a pure jet. They are slower and travel at 15,000 instead of 35,000 feet so you can see the land below clearly. The seating is fine. There is no reason to go through ORD - getting miles is not worth it - you can easily miss the connection.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 9:04 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Originally Posted by acysb87
Why?Going through ORD is no pic-nic either.
I much prefer the Dash 8 over the RJ-100 skidoo anyday of the week
Completely disagree.

a CRJ would take ~40 mins DTW-YYZ... a Dash8 takes at least 10-15 minutes longer, and save the headroom, is equally cramped to a CRJ
Old Jul 24, 2005, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by B1
AC has installed noise-neutralizing hardware and insulation that make the Dash-8 about as quiet as a pure jet....
You have to be kidding!

A CRJ is 50X quieter than AC's patented tarmac-to-tarmac Dash8 service. The temperature controls are also dicey if not non-existent so if it's hot the day of your trip bring along some bread dough to help it rise....
Old Jul 24, 2005, 11:15 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by B1
AC has installed noise-neutralizing hardware and insulation that make the Dash-8 about as quiet as a pure jet.
You need to get your hearing checked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.