Wiki Posts
Search

City Pass and Connections

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2005, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC *E
City Pass and Connections

This was discussed briefly when the City Passes came out, but I've not been able to find any post indicating a definite answer.

Can I book a City Pass flight on an indirect routing? For example, with a YYZ Pass, can I travel YYZ-YUL-DCA (with no stopover) on one credit?
Old May 3, 2005, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just booked as one segment: YWG-YYZ-YOW. I inserted a specific time to avoid the direct RJ flight and the connecting flight came up as an option.

Try and play with timings and see what comes about as options.
Old May 3, 2005, 12:05 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
I avoid the RJ flight YWG-YOW too...although it takes 2 hours longer to get there !!!! I would rather be comfortable...

There should be alternative routings available as long as they are the "usual" ones...i.e not YYZ-YVR-DCA...
Old May 3, 2005, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC *E
I've tried, but all that comes up are the direct YYZ-DCA CRJ flights...
Old May 4, 2005, 7:08 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
I have finished two sets of CityPass credits out of YOW. The first batch were restricted to direct flights YOW-IAD, if I recall correctly. The second batch had more flexibility (used them for IAD, ORD and BOS), including indirect routings options.

Also -- indirect or not, the only way to get into DCA w/AC is on a CRJ.

Last edited by Seat13F_AC_CRJ; May 4, 2005 at 7:15 am
Old Aug 4, 2005, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

more than 1 connection....

A while back someone asked the question: how many connections can you get on a city pass?

Many replied that two segments with one connection was the maximum that they had experienced. For instance: YWG-YOW can be booked as YWG-YYZ-YOW or YWG-YUL can be booked YWG-YYZ-YUL.

I just was offered this itinerary while booking YWG-SEA and the computer offered me: YWG-YYC-YVR-SEA with two connections. It can be done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.