FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Boarding pass codes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/422946-boarding-pass-codes.html)

Reason077 Apr 18, 05 7:08 am

Boarding pass codes

I know what AC*A means on my boarding pass but what about ML*2 ? Noticed it on my YVR-YYZ flight this morning.

Prestige Apr 18, 05 7:38 am

Mainly used for meal assignments. Were you on standby for that flight?

ML*1 - Revenue customers and guest of AC who are upgraded
ML*2 Revenue and guest standbys
ML*3 Positive space pass holders who are upgraded or downgraded
ML*4 Positive space (confirmed) pass holders
ML*5 Space available pass holders

Reason077 Apr 18, 05 8:09 am

Ahh, that would explain it. I wasn't on standby but arrived at the airport a bit early and asked to be moved to the earlier flight (AC156 instead of AC162). Despite my Tango Plus fare, the friendly check-in agent was able to accomodate after a bit of poking around.

Prestige Apr 18, 05 10:21 am

You mean you didnít pay the $50 change fee?

yyznomad Apr 18, 05 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Prestige
Mainly used for meal assignments. Were you on standby for that flight?

ML*1 - Revenue customers and guest of AC who are upgraded
ML*2 Revenue and guest standbys
ML*3 Positive space pass holders who are upgraded or downgraded
ML*4 Positive space (confirmed) pass holders
ML*5 Space available pass holders

Similar to what Empress had posted in the past, this type of question/answer should really be put into some FAQ sticky... if I had a penny each time this question was asked... :) Thanks Prestige, I will now cut and paste into my own FAQ file :)

Reason077 Apr 18, 05 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Prestige
You mean you didnít pay the $50 change fee?

Nope. Lucky me :)

yyznomad Apr 18, 05 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Reason077
Nope. Lucky me :)

^ ^ ^

Prestige Apr 18, 05 11:39 am

This is a cut-and-paste from one of Empressí posts into my own FAQ file. ;) All the credit to Empress. ^

FRAkid Apr 18, 05 3:50 pm

Great info, thanks! ^ ^ ^

Does anyone have information on the codes in the "Airline use" section of the boarding pass? Tried the forum search but it wasn't very responsive... :)

On my BPs obtained through online check-in, I've seen both 0004 and 0005.

AnselmAdorne Apr 18, 05 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by FRAkid
Great info, thanks! ^ ^ ^

Does anyone have information on the codes in the "Airline use" section of the boarding pass? Tried the forum search but it wasn't very responsive... :)

On my BPs obtained through online check-in, I've seen both 0004 and 0005.

I thought the numbers in the "Airline use" section displayed a) the check-in sequence number and b) the code for either the agent or the kiosk who checked you in. For example: my last BP shows 0120 and YOW80210 ... I understood that to mean that I was the 120th person to check-in for that flight and that I used an Ottawa check-in agent whose id is 80210. If you use a kiosk, a K shows up somewhere in that code; if you check in through the web, it says AirCanada.Com

YYZC2 Apr 18, 05 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by AnselmAdorne
I thought the numbers in the "Airline use" section displayed a) the check-in sequence number and b) the code for either the agent or the kiosk who checked you in. For example: my last BP shows 0120 and YOW80210 ... I understood that to mean that I was the 120th person to check-in for that flight and that I used an Ottawa check-in agent whose id is 80210. If you use a kiosk, a K shows up somewhere in that code; if you check in through the web, it says AirCanada.Com

You are correct on both counts.

FRAkid Apr 18, 05 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by AnselmAdorne

So if I check in through the web and it says "AirCanada.com 0005" I guess I was the 5th person to check-in online? ;)

yyznomad Apr 19, 05 12:03 am

Also, the letters A, B, C, etc. indicate the segments for your trips that day (A being the first)?

shore9 Apr 19, 05 12:33 am

I've only managed to be first to check in once, and that was going YUL - YVR. Going YVR - YUL it's impossible to be first because of the connecting pax from asia.

yyznomad Apr 19, 05 12:48 am

Originally Posted by shore9
I've only managed to be first to check in once, and that was going YUL - YVR. Going YVR - YUL it's impossible to be first because of the connecting pax from asia.

*golf clap*