Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

No Companion Cert with CIBC Aerogold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2005, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC *E

I recently had my annual fee show up on my statement, and so I thought I'd go back and review the Ts & Cs to see if anything had changed. I don't use Aerogold much anymore as a result of Amex giving 1.5 points per $ and the SPG Mastercard giving a good return for non-Amex charges with no annual fee.

To my surprise, I found that Aerogold no longer offers the free AC Companion Ticket, and this was confirmed by an agent when I called. While many have commented in previous threads about the limited value of these certs, I have managed to use them each year and they have provided some value. The cancellation of these certs is a further devaluation in the increasingly slim usefulness to me of the Aerogold card, which I'm now cancelling. Note you have to cancel within 2 months of the date of your renewal in order to get a prorated refund on your annual fees.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 12:06 pm

Then never promised us an annual certificate, it was only a one-time offer. I still have 3 of them that all expire on March 31/05 if you want them. I won't be using them. They have my name on them though.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
But how could anyone else use these certs does not your name appear on them. I called CIBC as well and was advised that they have no idea if these will be offered again this year.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 12:50 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
No more CIBC 2 for 1, regardless if you have the traditional Aerogold, or if you upgraded to the Travel Privileges Card. Since Jan 05 new Travel Privileges Members are advised that the 2 for 1 has been eliminated from the program.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 1:30 pm

Aerogold Companion Certificate

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Then never promised us an annual certificate, it was only a one-time offer. I still have 3 of them that all expire on March 31/05 if you want them. I won't be using them. They have my name on them though.
The AC companion ticket voucher ("CTV") that CIBC sent out in March 2004 to all its Aerogold cardholders was a one time special offer. When CIBC first introduced the Aerogold optional Travel Club during the latter part of 2004, the CTV was to be a regular offer. It was discontinued in early 2005 because CIBC "listened" to its customers, and most of them did not want it. Therefore, the membership fee was reduced by $10 plus 500 AP points for renewing in lieu of the CTV and there was what "you", the cardholders have wanted, according to CIBC! The CTV is of limited good if you normally purchase the cheapest fare. If you travel with a pal in J or C, the CTV is excellent value. I think CIBC is trying to convert its Aerogold cardholders to its new Adventura Visa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.