YYZ-PBI Schedule Changes?

Old Feb 16, 05, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
YYZ-PBI Schedule Changes?

I "have" a flight booked April 6-10 yyz-pbi and when I just checked booking online it show 1 stop and then two separte entries with flights to FLL..

The schedule on aircanada.ca does not have flight info for the 6th and I have just spoke to AC on the phone and they are speaking to the "schedulechange department" and will get back to me.

Has this happened lately in the past and what should I expect-- ie how to get from FLL to PBI will AC cover this? etc
Old Feb 16, 05, 10:07 am

FYI, I live right between PBI and FLL and depending on traffic it's at least a 1 hour++ drive. There is a ton of construction northbound on I-95.

My suggestion would be the Florida turnpike which is much quicker but it might cost you $3.00-$5.00 U.S. without a transponder.

Take I-595 westbound from FLL to the Florida turnpike northbound to Okeechobee Road and exit east and follow signs.
Old Feb 16, 05, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
FYI, I live right between PBI and FLL and depending on traffic it's at least a 1 hour++ drive. There is a ton of construction northbound on I-95.

My suggestion would be the Florida turnpike which is much quicker but it might cost you $3.00-$5.00 U.S. without a transponder.

Take I-595 westbound from FLL to the Florida turnpike northbound to Okeechobee Road and exit east and follow signs.

I am very familiar with how to drive between the two , but I was not planning on renting a car, or will AC cover this cost?
Old Feb 16, 05, 12:36 pm

I had a similar experience last year with a FLL/YYZ flight.

AC cancelled the FLL/YYZ service all together and put us via MIA instead, 3 hrs sooner. When I finally called rez to discuss, the woman I spoke with put a request through to scheduling with some options she and I had discussed.

However, the one option I did not agree to was to use their 'approved' transfer service between FLL and MIA. The details on the transfer service (that she read to me) were in the CIC relating to this sked change.

I would suggest calling AC and asking them how they plan to get you from PBI to FLL.

Of note, in my case (and after two weeks of no response from scheduling), I ended up cancelling my tickets all together (which is probably what AC wants you to do anyway), re-booking on CO and saving over $300.

Search this Thread