Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada's performance - question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2005, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount

From the Air Canada website - I think as of January 2004.

Air Canada mainline provides scheduled and chartered passenger jet service directly to 21 Canadian cities, 30 destinations in the United States and 54 cities in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, Mexico and South America. Air Canada mainline operates on average 630 scheduled flights each day, and serves approximately 21 million scheduled and charter customers annually.

Air Canada employed approximately 33,000 people worldwide.

Air Canada bashing seems to be popular in Canada. All things being equal are they really doing a bad job considering the amount of passengers they carry and number of employees they have???
Old Feb 15, 2005, 11:28 am

Programs: AC Elite
Originally Posted by Yukonprince
Air Canada bashing seems to be popular in Canada. All things being equal are they really doing a bad job considering the amount of passengers they carry and number of employees they have???
I think Canadians (of which I am like) in general like to complain. Most of the people in the forum have knowledge of what AC and AP *used* to be like compared to what it's like today. The batch of people in here represent a population of flyers who are very familiar with AC and AP of yesteryear.

Just because an airline flies the number of people and is big doesn't mean that it's a great airline. People have stories of long lineups, bad service, delays and cancellations. AC is by far Canada's biggest airline, so they'll be a target of frustration.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 12:36 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum Elite
I agree that Canadian's by their nature tend to complain - even more so this winter with no hockey!

My sense of it is that the posters on this forum fall into two groups - the bashers and the supporters. Generally I tend to fall into the latter group. Could things be better, sure. All in all though I think AC's a pretty good airline IMHO.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Sometimes, people don't even have a choice of airline in Canada, and lo and behold who services their airport?!
Old Feb 16, 2005, 2:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
Start flying other carriers, especially in the front of the bus and AC shortfalls jump out. Get a good crew (at least for me) and you overlook them.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 7:53 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by ?u@Now
Start flying other carriers, especially in the front of the bus and AC shortfalls jump out. Get a good crew (at least for me) and you overlook them.
You're probably right. Virtually all of my flying experience has been back of the bus within North America. In this case, comparing UA, AA, CO, US, DL et al, I think that AC's econo service is OK. You're bang on about the crew. A pleasant FA will go a long way to make up for lousy seat pitch!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.