Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question re: Red Carpet Club access to MLL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2005, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan

I'm considering purchasing a RCC membership, which gives reciprocal membership in AC's MLL. The RCC membership allows me to take in my immediate familyto RCC lounges. Will this also apply to the MLL? I've looked everywhere online and can't seem to find an answer to this question.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 7:26 pm

Programs: SPG - Platinum, Hertz - 5 Star
Originally Posted by yhzflyer
I'm considering purchasing a RCC membership, which gives reciprocal membership in AC's MLL. The RCC membership allows me to take in my immediate familyto RCC lounges. Will this also apply to the MLL? I've looked everywhere online and can't seem to find an answer to this question.
I think the wording in RCC page is "reciprocal privileges"

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,50316,00.html

So I would assume that means immediate family is always welcome. Certainly thats the case for E/SE FF's travelling on AC.

DF
Old Feb 16, 2005, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan
Originally Posted by Doc Fraud
I think the wording in RCC page is "reciprocal privileges"

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,50316,00.html

So I would assume that means immediate family is always welcome. Certainly thats the case for E/SE FF's travelling on AC.

DF
If that's the case, why would anyone purchase (as opposed to earn) a Maple Leaf Lounge membership? The restrictions are much greater than those for Red Carpet Club, and if they give privileges to RCC members...
Old Feb 16, 2005, 12:16 pm

Programs: SPG - Platinum, Hertz - 5 Star
Originally Posted by yhzflyer
If that's the case, why would anyone purchase (as opposed to earn) a Maple Leaf Lounge membership? The restrictions are much greater than those for Red Carpet Club, and if they give privileges to RCC members...
I would think that most purchased MLL memberships are the result of CC affiliations. Anybody that shells out the $350+ for a MLL membership, must have a very specific reason to do so. Another explanation is that there is one born every minute.

DF
Old Feb 16, 2005, 1:45 pm

Also, RCC membership is almost twice as much at $500US.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 2:04 pm

Programs: KLM GE (former RW), ACA*E, BAW Blue, HHonors Gold
Yep but in the case of those who don't have *G it doesn't just give access to MLL, but to any *A Lounge worldwide too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.