Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ event

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2005, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by shore9
One thing that I really don't see a problem with is, as already mentioned the fact that we cannot post certificate giveaway's here. When I come on FT, I only look at the AC forum, no others. AC upgrade certs can only be used by AC status members, hence this board would provide the best place for them to be distributed. This is not the only reason people are mad, but for some it is a big reason. Any take on this Randy?
Then it sounds like you're better off at the other venue. FT is much more than one narrow view of a single airline forum.

Are you only here for certs?
Old Feb 9, 2005, 7:55 pm

Programs: AC nothing,HH Silver,PC Gold, BW Plat
Originally Posted by skofarrell
Then it sounds like you're better off at the other venue. FT is much more than one narrow view of a single airline forum.

Are you only here for certs?

That and to post worthless crap, yes.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Luubert
That and to post worthless crap, yes.
See ya over on one of the "other" sites then!
Old Feb 10, 2005, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan,Skymiles, HiltonHonors, SPG
See ya over on one of the "other" sites then!
Skofarrell

I know that I may (what am I saying I WILL) get some flak for this but,as a senior member who has not posted on this forumn since Sep 17, 2002, don't you think that some things are better left unsaid.

Most members are trying and planning to put a closure to this whole matter and now you have decided to butt in (for what sake I don't understand) to put down two new members. One of them is still trying to come into terms ( put that on his youth) with how he should communicate in a PC way without offending the whole forum and the other one is just beating back ( call it his inexperience) an argument. So why this interest of a one liner ( they are not zinggers) all of a sudden?

Call it quit , dude!
Old Feb 10, 2005, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last edited by skofarrell; Feb 10, 2005 at 2:31 pm
Old Feb 10, 2005, 9:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Don't blame him, dodo. He can resist everything except temptation and sees every comment as disloyalty to RP. That RP has repeatedly defended members' rights to voice their opinions is the ironic part.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcook052
Don't blame him, dodo. He can resist everything except temptation and sees every comment as disloyalty to RP. That RP has repeatedly defended members' rights to voice their opinions is the ironic part.
again.

You guys are doing a great job of ensuring that the only opinions welcome are the ones you fully agree with ("No mods", "let us set our own rules", "don't really care about the rest of FT", "leave us alone"). Putting me and anyone else down that isn't a "full member of the insular community is working wonders and truly represents the spirit of FT Community that is so evident elsewhere on the board..

Good thing I've got some perspective. As an American that's lived in Canada for more than 7 years, I know that Canada is for the most part a welcoming country that values all opinions. Imagine if I didn't fly AC, had not lived in Canada, or wasn't a wasn't a "senior member"!
Old Feb 11, 2005, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan,Skymiles, HiltonHonors, SPG
again.

You guys are doing a great job of ensuring that the only opinions welcome are the ones you fully agree with ("No mods", "let us set our own rules", "don't really care about the rest of FT", "leave us alone"). "!
Yours were not opinions but bad comments or bashing of a member ( young FTer on top and whose opinions do differ from others sometimes )

:wasn't a wasn't a "senior member"!
OK not senior ( in the birthday sense ) but may be experienced or veteran
Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:46 am

edited to get thread back on track

Last edited by tcook052; Feb 11, 2005 at 12:58 pm Reason: getting thread back on topic
Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The date has been announced on errorplan. It is 4 Mar.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm happy to let this thread get back on track. Those "junior members" should realize that there's more to this site than the AC forum and AC cert swapping. Please, spend some time outside of the AC forum and get to know the rest of FT. There's a lot of great info out there, you'll benefit from it.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 3:37 pm

spend some time outside of the AC forum and get to know the rest of FT. There's a lot of great info out there, you'll benefit from it.
At last something we can agree upon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.