Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

SEs, which package are you chosing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2005, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty

I have not chosen my package yet and need to do so soon, however I am leaning to Package #1, mainly for the 10K Status Miles and the SWUs and SSWUs.

Wondering what packages others are selecting?
Old Feb 4, 2005, 3:18 pm

Programs: SPG - Platinum, Hertz - 5 Star
I went with package #3 for the 100% bonus miles because 10K Status bonus and 2 extra SWU's do not equate to the same value 100K non-status bonus miles. Of course if I end up at 90K status miles for 2005 I might sing a very different tune, but so far it appears that 100K status miles won't be a problem..... ^

Ah the ying and yang of the FF.

DF
Old Feb 4, 2005, 3:24 pm

Programs: AC*SE 2MM, Marriott*Plutonium Lifetime, other stuff
Package #3 for the same reason as Doc Fraud.

It is a matter of choosing the least bad package versus last year.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 5:14 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Package III - double miles as I fly almost all AC

PB
Old Feb 4, 2005, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Travellin_man
Package #3 for the same reason as Doc Fraud.

It is a matter of choosing the least bad package versus last year.

Package 1 was least bad for me.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 6:29 pm

Programs: AC*SE; AC 2MM; Marriott Platinum Elite
Door #3 for me ....

I'm determined to reduce my travel this year and targeting Elite level only - should be able to make it without the 10k status mile jumpstart so I may as well collect 100% bonus miles.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 6:50 pm

I choose package #3, With the way the plan is being erroded I'm think i might be better to make elite in a couple of programs for the lounge access etc.

Pack one with the 10k status miles is only helpful if you are certain on making SE, then you only need to fly 90k....

With Pack 3 If i fly 10k i get 10k bonus, as i read it its from mile one flown, so i don't have to wait till 35k before the bonus miles kick in...

For me its all about earning miles for the lowest possible $$$$, so when you look at it pack 3 is the best of a crappy bunch...

If I fly 50k on AC metal, which is going to be about it i earn 100k miles under pack 3.

If I fly the same miles with pack 1 I earn 50k.!.

If i fly 100k i get 100k bonus, so if i get to 90k on pack 3 a MR would not be out of the question, although I think we will see the end of bonus miles soon....

With the bonus miles going on partners it has just made me sign up for programs on the 3 airlines i fly most, i thing i can get GOLD in all of them...

SE was worth crap on partners anyway, its was only gold...

time to spread the load...
Old Feb 4, 2005, 7:56 pm
ABW

Programs: AC SE 3MM, Bonvoy LTE, Accor Diamond, Amex Centurion
Package III
Old Feb 4, 2005, 11:33 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Package III, since this is the only way to really keep on earning extra miles (have to include AC even more in my travels though) and a free MLL membership for my spouse that comes with Package II is not worth skipping 50% bonus.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 5:17 am

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Package 1. Those minty Altoid type things are the key element for me. Once I get to SE I'm going to start putting my miles into UA which will garner bonus miles aplenty.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Simon
Package 1. Those minty Altoid type things are the key element for me. Once I get to SE I'm going to start putting my miles into UA which will garner bonus miles aplenty.
Package 1, Same reason for me, It allows me to start the new benefit year with a couple of Certs and be really close to the next set of SSWU. I just hope that I will receive my package soon because I will need 2 2005 SSWU for the 3rd of march. I would be tempted to ask if someone on the board could lend me two 2005 SSWU (December threshold crossing) until mid March but I won't do that because this thread might get moved to CC if I do so

Will see when the packages arrive for the European Folks.

Frac
Old Feb 5, 2005, 7:47 am

Programs: AC*SE, CX DM, HH DM, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, PC PL
Package 3. I've already flown 50,000 miles on AC metal so far this year, I won't need the status miles to make SE for 2006, I don't have a spouse, and all of my flights have been > 15,000 RT so I generate a new set of upgrade certificates for every round-trip flight I have been taking (and I've been using up my 2004 certs), so I'll have 4 SSWUs and 8 SWUs by the end of Feb. Which is good because I'll be mixing in some shorter trips in the spring.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 10:40 am

Programs: AC E SPG Gold
3 seemed a no-brainer for me. Am definitely not going to repeat as SE, estimate about 40K tops, so it's actually better for me than the previous scheme where you needed 50K before threshold bonuses kicked in.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 12:29 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
What if you qualify mid-year?

Any idea about what happens if you qualify for SE mid-year? I drop back to E this year but I'll be over 60K status miles by the end of March. If I hit SE before mid-November will I be able to select an SE package? And if I select package 3 will they give me 100% bonus on all my AC flights since the beginning of the year?
Old Feb 5, 2005, 4:13 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond
I chose package I...best of the bad. Upgrades are the biggest perk they were offering for me. It makes the boss happy to book cheaper fares and it makes me happy to sit in J. I was just over the 100,000 mile mark last year so the 10,000 miles help the cause with similar travel planned for this year. I also have an AMEX AP card now so I'll still accumulate about the same number of miles. Still not happy to lose the bonus miles though!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.