How to leave extra certs at Lounge?

Old Feb 3, 05, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE
How to leave extra certs at Lounge?

I'm sitting in a MLL now and would like to leave my extra certs with the desk. Do I need to give any info or just let them know that I want to leave them there?
Old Feb 3, 05, 7:03 am

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, HH-G
I think that some people have been giving them to the concierge.
Old Feb 3, 05, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC E75K 2MM former 14-year SE; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Are you at the YYZ T2 MLL? If so, don't give them to the disgruntled and grumpy T2 MLL agents... give them to a concierge!
Old Feb 3, 05, 7:05 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Ah cmon ... give em to BIG RED and make her day!

PB
Old Feb 3, 05, 8:21 am

Programs: AP*SE, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, FPC Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I have tried multiple times last year to leave them at the lounge, and also at the gate, and was turned down every time. Maybe I'll try the concierge next go.
Old Feb 3, 05, 8:33 am

Programs: AC SE*2MM, HH Gold, Marriott Plat Life, Starwood Gold
I left a few with the Concierge last week, and they were happy to take them. They said they always have folks dropping in and asking if they have spares.
Old Feb 3, 05, 10:06 am

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
is it worth mentioning that you are from FT?? and perhaps the right person will make sure they end up in the right hands.
Old Feb 3, 05, 10:09 am

Programs: SPG Platinum / PC Gold
Originally Posted by shore9
is it worth mentioning that you are from FT?? and perhaps the right person will make sure they end up in the right hands.
Althought we might feel everybody knows FT, very few do. The bottom line is to be good to others..even if they are not from FT, or don't know about FT
Old Feb 3, 05, 10:10 am

Programs: AC nothing,HH Silver,PC Gold, BW Plat
Originally Posted by shore9
Are you referring yourself to be that "right person"?
Old Feb 3, 05, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Super Larry
Althought we might feel everybody knows FT, very few do. The bottom line is to be good to others..even if they are not from FT, or don't know about FT
I know that, but I am pretty sure that if I walked into the MLL and asked the desk for the concierge and asked them for any upgrade certs or even MLL passes that they would most likely tell me that they had none, even if they did, for the simple fact that I am a kid. I will be dropping my MLL pass off at YVR if I am unable to make use of it later this month.
Old Feb 3, 05, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Luubert
Are you referring yourself to be that "right person"?
Not at all. If however I was to drop some certs off I would prefer them to go to an FTer, not that they'd have to, but I would definately like to see them get used. As for the MLL passes, the only pax I see using these are those who are additional guests of E's or SE's, as I'm sure a Prestige or no name does not just walk into the MLL and ask for access.
Old Feb 3, 05, 10:38 am

Location: YYZ; AC SE MM * UA PP * BA G * DL SM MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Accor Platinum * Queen's 92
Come on guys/gals, shouldn't this really be posted in Coupon Connection instead? You may be missing out on something by just giving it to a concierge.
Old Feb 3, 05, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Simon
Come on guys/gals, shouldn't this really be posted in Coupon Connection instead? You may be missing out on something by just giving it to a concierge.
The Concierge folks at YYZ have always been really good to me, and I was glad to have the opportunity to give something to them, not that they could use the certs, but that they could make someone else's flight a bit nicer

They are a really great bunch of people, and because there were a lot of postings here for certs, I thought this was the best thing to do. You never know, if someday you need a cert, their office might be a good spot to check.
Old Feb 3, 05, 11:06 am

Location: YYZ; AC SE MM * UA PP * BA G * DL SM MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Accor Platinum * Queen's 92
CouchPotato -- sorry, my obviously didn't get the right impression across. I'm all for you posting here
Old Feb 3, 05, 11:10 am

Oops, Simon! I did misunderstand...
Just being hypersensitive to the little rolly-eye emoticons lately

Search this Thread