Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summer Flights to Warsaw ?. Fare required.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2005, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE100K 2MM, Lifetime Marriott Platnium Elite

I need to book 4 pax (2 adults, 1 X 12 yr . old and 1 X 10 yr old) from YYZ to WAW in August. Departing dates could be Aug. 4 to Aug. 6 and return dates Aug. 25 to Aug. 27.
I would appreciate if someone could suggest a good site / consolidator / travel agent where I could get a decent price. I don't have much experience in buying flights to Poland and the usual websites that I have been looking up seem quite expensive. Any Summer charter flights from Canada to Poland ?.
Old Jan 25, 2005, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LO was selling YYZ-WAW last summer for about 1100CAD base fare.

Another option you may want to look at is booking AC on the YYZ-LHR portion on one ticket and on a second second, booking LO or BD (depending on who you get the cheaper fare with) on the LHR-WAW leg.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 7:51 am

Programs: AC SE MM, AA
Try YYZ-LHR and LHR-WAW on LH. If you have mailing address in Poland, the fare on LH is much lower then if you list Canada. LH could issue e -ticket so mailing to Poland is not an issue. You should get good fare on LOT.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 10:25 am

Question

FWIW, over the last few years I have opted for using a "Polish" travel agent. Somehow it always worked out better than booking online. I use PEKAO Travel on Bloor Street, but you can probably get the same fares with Syrena, Piast et al.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
If you get to london easyjet has flights from london (not lhr) to warsaw to Ł20 there and Ł9 back.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And there's also SkyEurope: http://www.skyeurope.com/in.php

The only problem problem with EZY and SkyEurope is that they leave from LTN and STN respectively. It takes about an hour and a half to two hours (maybe more!) to get to those airports by coach.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by YOWkid
And there's also SkyEurope: http://www.skyeurope.com/in.php

The only problem problem with EZY and SkyEurope is that they leave from LTN and STN respectively. It takes about an hour and a half to two hours (maybe more!) to get to those airports by coach.
www.centralwings.com leaves from Gatwick... if you like the new, low-cost version of LOT
Old Jan 26, 2005, 12:48 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blue2002
And the English version of their website is fun to read :

http://www.centralwings.com/en/80/index.html
Originally Posted by http://www.centralwings.com/en/80/index.html

CATERING

Ask our flight attendant and you will be served with delicious snacks or sweets for a substantial cost.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by KVS
Ask our flight attendant and you will be served with delicious snacks or sweets for a substantial cost.
Honesty all the way
Old Jan 26, 2005, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
http://www.polimex.com/english/index.htm

^^^ my family uses those guys all the time

They have discounts for children

Air Transat used to do flights to WAW last two summers...but I have no idea whether its going ahead this year
Old Jan 26, 2005, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE100K 2MM, Lifetime Marriott Platnium Elite
Thanks for all the ideas. I will visit all sources you all suggested and let you know how I make out.
Thanks again.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by blue2002
FWIW, over the last few years I have opted for using a "Polish" travel agent. Somehow it always worked out better than booking online. I use PEKAO Travel on Bloor Street, but you can probably get the same fares with Syrena, Piast et al.
There is a company called "Polimex" who specializes in flights, freight, cargo, importing from Poland.

www.polimex.com

or just set foot in Roncesvales and look for a LOT sticker or model plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.