Wiki Posts
Search

Compensation for wildcat delays

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2005, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E, Delta Platinum, Fairmont Premiere
Compensation for wildcat delays

Has anyone else affected by the wildcat delays on Wednesday last received compensation?

I got an email from AC the very next day, saying they would be back in touch with customers who were affected, but haven't heard anything official since then.

I checked my AP account yesterday though, and noticed 15,000 miles credited to my account, with the notation "JAN 19 - IRREGULAR OPERATIONS".

I noted they were not status miles though

Anyone else with a similar credit showing up in their account? And does it satisfy you?
Old Jan 23, 2005, 11:15 am
At Large

Originally Posted by AirbusFan
Anyone else with a similar credit showing up in their account? And does it satisfy you?
You got enough miles for a free short haul trip...to me that's pretty good compensation.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I hope you're not saying that because of a wildcat strike, that the 15000 miles should've been status? Are you saying you deserved nearly half Elite 2006 because of this?!
Old Jan 23, 2005, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC E, HH Gold

you want status miles as compensation? your kidding right
Old Jan 23, 2005, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA-1K (3MM); AA-Gold (1MM); Marriott Lifetime Titanium

I checked my AP account yesterday though, and noticed 15,000 miles credited to my account, with the notation "JAN 19 - IRREGULAR OPERATIONS".
I think that is a pretty good compensation of 15k miles. I'm sure AC was trying to put people on other carriers or putting them up at hotels to ensure pax were not out of pocket. But I think 15k is a pretty good gesture.

Cheers
Old Jan 24, 2005, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I hope you're not saying that because of a wildcat strike, that the 15000 miles should've been status? Are you saying you deserved nearly half Elite 2006 because of this?!
Hey hey hey... I never said that! I thought maybe a couple thousand status miles might have been nice. I was thinking along the lines of doubling what the flight would have been worth, that's all.

The 15,000 points is very pleasant -- and should I ever have an opportunity to book something on AP when there's a seat available, it'll be great!

(But now that I'm dreaming... boy, 15,000 status miles would be kind of cool, wouldn't it!)
Old Jan 24, 2005, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sing-along
BBut I think 15k is a pretty good gesture.
Agreed. It seems they've been making similar gestures for other delays. A colleague at work had the identical notation and 5,000 points credited to his account after a weather delay earlier in the winter.

Nice of them, all things considered.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 8:51 pm

Programs: AC-E50. Marriott Plat
rhetorical question: a supplier was supposed to fly to YYZ to meet with me and hash out some lingering business problems. He cancelled last minute due to wildcat strike. His cancellation (he took advantage of AC offer to change ticket for free, now scheduled to come in 3 weeks) has impacted my business in untold and complicated ways. the question: where is compensation for me?
Obviously i cannot seek any compensation (hence the rhetorical question) but now I am out of pocket and suffering real problems due to some rogues who decided to upset the applecart.
reminds me of the old boilerplate about "in the event of strikes or acts of god"

So enjoy your 15K non status miles and hope for award availability at some time in the future!
(sorry if a bit off topic but I sort of got back to it at the end there... )
Old Jan 25, 2005, 5:46 pm

Programs: AC*SE 2MM, Marriott*Plutonium Lifetime, other stuff
Has anyone else affected by the wildcat delays on Wednesday last received compensation?

I got an email from AC the very next day, saying they would be back in touch with customers who were affected, but haven't heard anything official since then.

Just curious to know how you were affected, so I can gauge the threshold for appropriate whining. I was cancelled from a 10 pm flight from Ottawa to Toronto and rebooked for the next morning to the downtown airport because the first available flight to Pearson was 2pm. My rebooked flight left 90 minutes late because crew were late 'because they got in late and were sleeping', so I arrive in Toronto at 1030 for a 0830-1500 meeting. My return to Ottawa the same evening was delayed for 1.5 hours.

I have heard nothing from AC.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP
A colleague who was stuck on the plane at YYZ for two hours arriving from YVR during this event just recieved 15k of Aeroplan points. He is Elite.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 10:24 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
My wife, who is E, got 25K for a botched flight from LGA to YYZ.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
It's never enough, we want more and more and more.................................15,000 mile=short haul flight. What else would one expect, an automatic SE status ?
Old Feb 2, 2005, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Two friends with NO status got 25,000 ?? I wonder how AC decided what to give?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.