Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

save up to 30% at the Future Shop Reward Centre

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2004, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Got the email today

Dear Aeroplan Member,
Boxing week just got better for you!
With the Future Shop Reward Centre Boxing Week Specials, you can save big on Aeroplan® Miles when you redeem for a wide selection of the latest Future Shop electronics. What could be easier?

Get up to 30% off Future Shop Rewards—only until January 4

Until January 4, 2005, you can save up to 30% in Aeroplan Miles on select electronics from the Future Shop Reward Centre.

Just take a look at some of the incredible Boxing Week specials available to you:

Regular Boxing Week
Special

Save
Sony Personal MP3
CD Player

14,500 miles 10,000 miles 30%
Kodak EasyShare 2.0MP
Digital Camera Package

49,000 miles 38,000 miles 22%
Koss Mini System Package

20,000 miles 15,000 miles 25%
JVC 27" Flat Screen
TV Package

105,000 miles 88,000 miles 16%

Don’t miss out—you only have six days left to save big

Visit aeroplan.com/futureshop now to take advantage of this special offer. Hurry! You only have until January 4, 2005 to get up to 30% off select electronics at the Future Shop Rewards Centre.

Your Aeroplan team
Old Dec 30, 2004, 1:05 pm

Programs: AC*E, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Gold, HH Gold, Mariott, etc.
Given that we are now past the Xmas holiday rush and many stores (especially electronic stores) are discounting their merchandise heavily (>50%), is this such a wonderful deal?????
CFB
Old Dec 30, 2004, 1:06 pm

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Future shop reward are a rip off at anytime in my opinion. I can't believe the amount of points it takes to purchase a $300 27" JVC telelvision. The equivalent of a J ticket to Europe. Hardly the same.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hm... I'm going to spend 10k points on a mp3 player that I can pick up for less than 150CAD... Right... Come on Rupert! Seriously, AP points are worth a heck of a lot more than that!

And welcome to FT, hoyoto.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
As there already was an active thread on this subject, I posted this offer there last night. Does this FUTURE SHOP/Aeroplan thing really need a fifth thread?
Old Dec 30, 2004, 2:23 pm
exAC

Originally Posted by YOWkid
Hm... I'm going to spend 10k points on a mp3 player that I can pick up for less than 150CAD... Right... Come on Rupert! Seriously, AP points are worth a heck of a lot more than that!
No they are not.

The seats on the airplane are a perishable commodity with high margins
The electronic goods that Future Shop is selling are hard goods with low margins.

The price of the AE point is set by what Future Shop buys them from AE. One cent or two cents each, so 10,000 points could be as little as $100.

When we as AE participants 'buy' an MP3 player we are really selling our points to Future Shop so that they can give them back to us when we buy stuff from them.

Old Dec 30, 2004, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, if you twist the equation that way, exAC, you do make a good point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.