Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Best way to earn 1818 status miles by the end of December?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2004, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

As the year end approaches, and I'm short some status miles, so I'm wondering what the cheapest /easiest way to earn 1818 Aeroplan status miles...Anything creative from the FT community would be appreciated
..oh, and I'm in YVR
Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2004, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
What are you just short of?
Do you have any certs?
Old Dec 13, 2004, 3:45 pm
exAC

I was going to look up some fares on ac.com for you, but it will only give me dates in January. Even then it won't display anything anyway.

Give a look at united.com for a cheap flight down to SFO or DEN.

Original Poster

sorry..no certs..but I'm not looking for miles to redeem ..if that's what you might have been alluding to (apprciate it just the same, though!) .. I'm just looking specifically for status miles, and I think the only way to get those is for ME to actually fly thiose remaining miles.

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
A cheap FUN fare to the US with four short segments will get you 2k (i.e., 4x500) status miles. I just booked YUL-DCA for January and paid $380. It was actually cheaper than Tango!
Old Dec 13, 2004, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by crazy canuck
sorry..no certs..but I'm not looking for miles to redeem ..if that's what you might have been alluding to (apprciate it just the same, though!) .. I'm just looking specifically for status miles, and I think the only way to get those is for ME to actually fly thiose remaining miles.
I meant to ask which threshold are you just short of -- P, E, or SE (just curious).
Try US or UA for an MR. All you need to do is fly through something like IAD/ORD/PIT?/PHL to connect somewhere, and same on the return trip for 2000 (4x500) status miles.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You could drive down to SEA and start there...
Old Dec 13, 2004, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

woops.. just noticed you're in YVR...
yeah, what YOWKid said...
Old Dec 13, 2004, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YOWkid
You could drive down to SEA and start there...
is it more advantageous to start in SEA?
Old Dec 13, 2004, 6:08 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Go to DEN; $134 FUN fare each way on some dates still available. Such as 20DEC-21DEC. EWR & MIA are also good prices if you pick the right date.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 6:14 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Generally cheaper to start ex-SEA. Check the MR forum...often there are transcons available for dirt cheap, e.g., WAS-SEA for $190 US return (unfortunately no longer available).

(On the other hand you're only short <2K miles so the added hassle of flying out of SEA might not be worth it.)

ml
Old Dec 13, 2004, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by musiclover
(On the other hand you're only short <2K miles so the added hassle of flying out of SEA might not be worth it.)
Agreed. I've always thought that driving down to SEA and then flying out of there is a big hassle IMO. I've done it once last year and never again!!
Old Dec 13, 2004, 6:21 pm
exAC

Originally Posted by Empress
Go to DEN; $134 FUN fare each way on some dates still available. Such as 20DEC-21DEC. EWR & MIA are also good prices if you pick the right date.
That looks pretty good.

I found a UAL pairing:
YVR-SFO and back same day, December 21st, on United for $450 all in. United.ca

Old Dec 13, 2004, 6:24 pm

YVR-SFO and back just short of 1818 though. (Only 1600 ) Unless he makes CNX in SEA.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 6:37 pm
exAC

Originally Posted by Empress
YVR-SFO and back just short of 1818 though. (Only 1600 ) Unless he makes CNX in SEA.
Missed that, but then the itinerary did go YVR-SF0-SEA-YVR... still 18 miles short!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.