Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ-IAH on a CRJ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2004, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, QF, SQ
YYZ-IAH on a CRJ?

I've seen plenty of discussion on the good and bad points of RJ's (especially on the UA board). We don't have any down here in NZ so I've never really given them much thought. I've flown on BD and RJ Embraers in Scotland and Brazil and they seem pretty good for short hops.

But I leave on a RTW next Wed and have just been shocked to see that my AC flight from YYZ to IAH is on a CRJ. This seems like a very small plane for a 3hr 47min flight. Can they really go they far without stopping?

I'm sorry if seating on these things has been discussed before, but if anyone has a hint for a good seat I'd be very happy to hear from you. I'm somewhat apprehensive about this flight at the moment!

Chris
Old Oct 29, 2004, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi and welcome to the AC board ! Please check the sticky at the top of the page for info on the CRJ seating.........There are probably very few if no people who like the flight to IAH on the CRJ in fact whole threads have been written on the subject. I hope you have sleeping pills or something like them , because that is one nasty long ride in that aluminum tube.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 8:24 pm

Programs: SPG - Platinum, Hertz - 5 Star
Originally Posted by teddor
I've seen plenty of discussion on the good and bad points of RJ's (especially on the UA board). We don't have any down here in NZ so I've never really given them much thought. I've flown on BD and RJ Embraers in Scotland and Brazil and they seem pretty good for short hops.

But I leave on a RTW next Wed and have just been shocked to see that my AC flight from YYZ to IAH is on a CRJ. This seems like a very small plane for a 3hr 47min flight. Can they really go they far without stopping?

I'm sorry if seating on these things has been discussed before, but if anyone has a hint for a good seat I'd be very happy to hear from you. I'm somewhat apprehensive about this flight at the moment!

Chris
Personally I always go for as close to the front as possible on the aisle. The window seats are really claustrophobic because you have to slouch to get in, and once there you can't see out the window unless you are double jointed. The view out the window is actually better from the aisle seats.

Watch out for 1AC because there is no overhead storage on that side. 1D is my preference because I can get out first and once the minimal service is finished, I can stick my feet out into the aisle and not bother anybody. Also you get a chance to chat with the FA's. who are a wealth of news and airline gossip.

And yes, sadly they are used for 3hr+ flights.

DF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.