Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J meal service, YOW-LHR?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2004, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

J meal service, YOW-LHR?

What meals do they serve on this flight in J? It departs YOW at 11:20pm, so I'm guessing we will get breakfast plus some sort of light snack after departure?
Old Aug 6, 2004, 6:11 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AA PLT, UA 2P
(BTW - AC does keep shifting that departure time back & forth, and ususally flies a 763 for that)

There's usually a warm dinner available to those that want it right after departure followed by some much-needed darkness and breakfast service a short few hours later.

Given the departure time and length of this flight, there's no good way to squeeze in two full meals and a decent sleep in between, but AC sure does try.

I usually end up rather bloated & jet-lagged on arrival in London and resist the temptation to visit customers that same day...
Old Aug 6, 2004, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why not fly via YYZ or even YUL?

I personally refuse to take the direct YOW-LHR. I find the timing to be terrible.
Old Aug 7, 2004, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I often do fly through YYZ or YUL, but this time the late night departure works well for me.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 2:28 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by YOWkid
Why not fly via YYZ or even YUL?

I personally refuse to take the direct YOW-LHR. I find the timing to be terrible.
I tried this a couple of weeks ago - and it turned out to be a complete disaster. Dep. Jul 18, Ret. Jul 21 - wanted to make the most of two and a half business days in the UK. So I booked YOW-YYZ-LHR, flight 866 on latter segment, so that I would arrive at 7:30 a.m.

Upon slightly delayed arrival at YYZ, was told to proceed "urgently" to the infield terminal, where I found the departure was delayed from 7:30 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. Returned by shuttle to T1 and MLL. Flight 866 was delayed several more times, and I made two more trips to the infield terminal before departing at 2:00 a.m., arriving LHR at 2:30 p.m. (7 hours late) and the day was shot. I'm sure this was an anomaly, but this strategy didn't work for me.

There is much more to this horror story, but I won't bore you with the details.

AC offered 7500 AP points, but they haven't shown up yet...

Greg
Old Aug 9, 2004, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then I better not tell you how I normally route myself to London.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 3:36 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by YOWkid
Then I better not tell you how I normally route myself to London.
Quit teasing...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.