YYZ-LHR Dayliner experiences

Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: AC*SE,MM
Originally Posted by sluis
It is a good flight, I highly recommended! I wish Air Canada would split the current high density 777 flight from YVR to LHR (458 seats) into 2 767 flights (211 seats) with a dayliner flight and an overnight flight. That would give Air Canada a solid advantage over British Airways, Air Transat and Virgin Atlantic.

Imagine:
YVR - LHR 05:30 - 22:40 767
YVR - LHR 18:30 - 11:40 767

I would take the early flight anyday! It will probably never happen because of possible delays and the 11:30 pm LHR curfew and the lack of feeder flights that early in YVR.

Has any airline ever tried a European dayliner from the west coast?
I think that an 05.30 departure is not likely going to be attractive to many.

LAX-LHR probably has 8 rotations a day, all overnight flights, if a dayliner could work from the west coast, you'd see it there first.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:14 pm
Suspended

I booked this for late August.

I had the choice as it was a paid ticket. But when I have flown the evening flight, I find it very discombobulating. The flight time is too short to get a proper sleep in and the time is shifted just a bit off of what would be ideal for an overnight.

I like the Turkish flight from YYZ to Instabul, leaving at 11pm and 10+ hour flight. Oh ... that is sweet, sweet candy for J.

So for me to fly during the day, getting up early on the day of the flight helps in adjusting to the time anyway.
Old May 27, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: FT
funny, due to meeting times, the fact that AC had this flight resulted in them getting a good amount of change versus BA and i even had a free J to F upgrade on BA too...
Old May 27, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Love this flight and would only ever take the night flight if connecting. I've tried AC858 and AC848 but I just can't get to sleep quickly enough to get a reasonable amount of sleep and function upon landing. The day flight allows for bright eyed and bushy tailed in the office the following morning. (But the 2nd night jet-lag is a killer).

Day flight is also great if traveling on corporate policies that won't allow J ... cattle class is a little easier to tolerate if you aren't trying to sleep. (I'm old Can't sleep sitting up like I could when I was 14).
Old May 28, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by lostinthewash
Love this flight and would only ever take the night flight if connecting. I've tried AC858 and AC848 but I just can't get to sleep quickly enough to get a reasonable amount of sleep and function upon landing. The day flight allows for bright eyed and bushy tailed in the office the following morning. (But the 2nd night jet-lag is a killer).

Day flight is also great if traveling on corporate policies that won't allow J ... cattle class is a little easier to tolerate if you aren't trying to sleep. (I'm old Can't sleep sitting up like I could when I was 14).
that is the plan although i can fly J.

i just hope i don't have to deal with an FA that wants to drop the shades at 10am after breakfast. that will piss me off. i actually won't do it since the point of the flight is to not sleep and i will be damned if some FA will force me to.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.