Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Discussion thread for: What is the best seat? FAQ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2003, 7:02 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Many questions lately about what the best seats are on each aircraft. I've compiled a list of facts about each aircraft in terms of seating. (I'll make a post per aircraft so it doesn't get too long) I don't have any time to do something fancy like seatguru.com so this is the best you'll get for now.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions to what you feel is a better seat or if you see something that I posted is incorrect.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 7:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Empress this info is fantastic. I've just printed it. I can't believe that any of the other FT boards have someone with this much knowledge to share. Thanks so much.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 7:32 pm

Programs: several
As always, Empress; you never fail to impress. THANK YOU...muchly! This is fantastic.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

You're welcome. Thought this would be useful to everyone. Just let me know if you spot something that doesn't look right, I've doubled check most of it and it looks alright.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Empress.

I think the only plane you really missed is the 146...
Old Nov 22, 2003, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Indeed thanks. I have re-arranged some of my J seats on my award trip over the holidays
Old Nov 23, 2003, 8:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Empress:

Thanks, for all the invaluable information. I certainly will use it.

FlyerGoldII

PS-Is there any information on the recline of seats, at least in business class? Personally, even with international business class seats, I always have trouble sleeping - partly because the recline is still at least 30 degrees from the horizontal.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 9:13 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Thanks Empress, I don't know where you find the time.

One add on for the Dash 8-300: Row 13 is the rear facing row opposite 1CD. It's handy if you prefer the front and you can store carry-onn under your seat.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 9:49 am

Programs: LH, BA, KE
Here's another tip: on some 763's (ex-CP) there's no window at seats 14A & 14K. Just a wall!
Old Nov 23, 2003, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AC 25K, Marriott LT Platinum
Empress, this is fantastic! Maybe you could email seatguru.com to see whether they'd be willing to add AC aircraft, using your information here as a great starting point.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 12:20 pm

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Empress,

Thanks, this is great, as always.

Couple of observations:

On an A320 in J, I will actually AVOID 1AC if possible -- you do have a bit more space in front of the seat, but if you have long legs, they come up hard agsinst the wall anyway, so the rows from 2 back are actually preferable, at least for myself and the tall guys I travel with.

On an RJ, we try to get 1C/D for two reasons:
(a) you can stretch your legs out somewhat into the aisle most of the time and sneak them into the galley; (b) they're renowned as the best seats on the plane because you can get off first

Old Nov 23, 2003, 12:33 pm

Thanks for summarizing everything, Empress. I have a few suggestions.

I'm pretty sure that all of the economy seats on the A319 have a 32" pitch. The A320 seats in rows 13 and 14 have a 31" pitch. Also, the B767-200 has a 31" pitch in rows 13-16.

For me, row 12 is one of the worst places to be on the A320. With the new configuration, you end up breathing down the neck (literally) of the person in row 5 if they recline the seat. You are also too close to the TV monitor to be able to watch it.

[This message has been edited by StuMcIlwain (edited Nov 23, 2003).]
Old Nov 23, 2003, 1:15 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Empress, you are a great help as always.

The only possible mistake is the dom 333 meal service. I have flown this twice in the last two weeks. Service has started 5AC and done the horseshoe.

Old Nov 23, 2003, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll update my posts later on this afternoon.
Old Nov 23, 2003, 2:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
...and please accept my thanks for including economy class. As someone who is always riding in cattle class, I've often wondered if there really is a such a thing as a bad seat in business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.